The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

VRT - Relentless Autosports RA - BEWARE

Old 01-25-2008, 08:39 AM

VRT - Relentless Autosports RA - BEWARE

This is what got me banned from my350z.com - I posted a PM that I received from another forum sponsor exposing more shady stuff done by VRT/RA Relentless Autosports - apparently politics are strong there and consumer interest is not!

Hi Noah,
(CC: Philthy)

I only saw on the surface that your latest build was handled in some way by Scott at Relentless. All I really know is that Scott had something to do with shipping your Z to you.

For a while now, I have had uncomfortable and suspicious feelings about Scott and all of his posted claims. But I also tried to tried to keep things in perspective, fair, friendly and professional with him because I never really knew much about him, his credibility or work.

That is untill now.

I just came back from Precision Z where Derick is getting his G35 rebuilt for the 5th and final time. The prior 4 times were once from VRT and the remaining 3 rebuilds were from Mark at RA.

And after what I personally saw and learned at both Specialty Z and Derick, I am disgusted. I saw it for myself.

They did a complete hack job on Dericks engine. Three diferent times. 3 rebuilds and all completely wasted. Like it was done VRT style.

Cracked block.
Forged pistons with cracked ring lands that were crudely welded to fill in the broken areas and then roughly belt sanded back down.
35% leakage on all the valves.
Overly tightened cams that should have had ~0.015" valve clearance wouldn't fit a 0.002" feeler guage.
Engine block left in a disassembled pile of oily pieces in the dirt.
Used crank shaft bearings, rod bearings and other bearings from a blown engine reused on a new engine build.
Dirt and other foriegn debris in the assmbled engine.

The list goes on and on.
Really, really bad workmanship and a total lack of regard for other peoples property.

Short of the outright stealing, their workman ship, their work conditions and facilties are no different than VRT's. Derick will be making a post about all of his experiences soon.

Philty had them nailed the whole time.

I wanted to give you a precationary heads up on this just in case you had any remaining work or relations with RA.

It's sad to see another person get burned several times over by the VRT associates. ...Derick got burned hard.

I hope you or your Z werent negatively affected in any way.

Tony

PS - I will reserve my public comments until Derick starts his thread and lists all the details and pics in the FI section.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More dirt for your reading pleasure...

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...ess+Autosports
Old 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM

Angry

Nooooooooooo, it's the same private message that I have seen on every forum.