ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   street racing (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/street-racing-18862/)

veritas 09-22-2006 02:01 PM

I was just stating a fact. I've never been caught, at least by a cop.

f**%&#ing parents..

CraigS 09-22-2006 02:08 PM

Im confused on how your parents busted you, explain! This sound like a funny story.

snwbrderphat540 09-22-2006 04:59 PM

i was caught by my parentals once....had it on a video camera in my room..i hid the battery...aparently there insticts told them to investigate the camera raid my privacy....2 times only have i street raced....caught all times...once by parents once by cops...been to street races...fun as hell to watch....but other wise mine were private one on one not in the crowd scene....adn you can kill more than yourself...your racing anopther person arent you? what if your ass end breaks loose towards them? ever think of that.....
stop argueing a bad habbit. i learned my lesson...i hope you do to.... and hoov...your a cool guy so far...but what is with you and street racing...all over your posts support the crap out of it....like a lifestyle or somehting.

jfairladyz 09-22-2006 07:42 PM

the next person from CA who uses not being able to find a track as an excuse for street racing deserves a smack upside the head :021: Is the 1-2 hours it takes to get to a track (if you dont live down the street from one) and the few bucks it costs to get in really that big of an inconvenience?

hoov100 09-22-2006 09:50 PM

the closest track to me is willow springs, but that a 7 hour drive and i dont have the $2-3k to have a track day..

Z Car Barbie 09-22-2006 11:18 PM

About 7 years ago, I was driving Jade on a 2-lane divided highway in the right lane (65 mph speed limit), and came upon a car that was putting at about 50 mph, so I decided to pass it, then get back over, cuz my exit ramp was coming up. Well, as I started to pass the poker, it started accelerating, and a Mustang came hauling azz behind me over the hill (going about 90 mph). What to do? Slow down and get rammed by this Mustang, or punch it and try to get around the poker, with my exit only a few hundred yards away?

Well, I punched it. Jade's needle buried for a few seconds while the Mustang was about 3" from my bumper as I proceeded to pass the poker and move back into the right lane ... then a I see blue lights. Yup, the rookie cop didn't bother to stop the Mustang. He stopped ME. I was arrested, handcuffed, car impounded ... and ticketed for street racing (94 in a 65)! There's no way I was going that fast, much less racing anyone ... but, anyway, I was released on bail, and later plead nolo upon the recommendation of my attorney (employed by a law firm where I worked). She didn't bother to argue or even explain my case at trial, so I ended paying a $600 fine, and my insurer cancelled my policies when it found out, so I had to buy SR-22 (high risk) insurance at outrageous premiums for 3 years thereafter on all 4 cars I had at the time. It was so ridiculous, but I'm glad it's off my record now.

hoov100 09-23-2006 12:48 AM

the sole reason i have my motorcycle license, if they decide to take my license i can always revert to a motorcycle... now if only i had a motorcycle......

snwbrderphat540 09-23-2006 10:34 AM

there is a separate license? in IL we get our drivers license retaken and then it says L class motorcycle license on the back of the drivers....so you loose one you loose them all

hoov100 09-23-2006 01:26 PM

after i took the test they handed me my temp. license, then about a few weeks later i got the actual license, then after a couple of months i went and took the test for my drivers license wich also gave me a card..

jfairladyz 09-23-2006 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100zx
the closest track to me is willow springs, but that a 7 hour drive and i dont have the $2-3k to have a track day..

you can drive 2 1/2 hours to san diego and race at qualcom ;) (and thats driving conservatively)

hoov100 09-23-2006 10:23 PM

the auto-x course??

NoLimits 10-25-2006 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by bardabe
you know what they say, "it's only Illegal if you get caught" :unibrow:

yep and I ain't gettin caught!

wreckedj30 10-25-2006 04:23 PM

well now you just jynxed your self....

snwbrderphat540 10-25-2006 04:24 PM

holy crap...thread from the dead times 2....this thing was made, down for 3 months or so...up then down again until now.....crazy....just crazy

nismo619 10-26-2006 02:56 PM

always keep your little black book inside your car...

CraigS 10-26-2006 03:17 PM

Why? I find it kind of pointless to keep something like that, unless you read it at night and dream of all the kills you've had.

I don't street race in any car, hell, one day I probibly will but seeing as there isn't any kind of street racing in New Hampshire, and I live 20 minutes from the local drags I can't see myself taking the risk.

BigBirdsZ 10-27-2006 06:20 AM

i dont care what any1 says most of u have street raced cuz that shit is fun!!! shuttin down sum riced out civic wit a mufler bigger than my head woow! gives me chills but 4real though i only race on a few hand picked streets wear if i were caught the chances of actually bein caught in action r slim n if sum how i do get caught im 100% ready to face my punishment

hoov100 10-27-2006 08:10 AM

i accept the fact that one day i will get cought, but not right now..