The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

stories about your z

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:07 PM
caught the z fever

stories about your z

post some stories about the good/bad times you have had with your z

i guess ill start at the beginning....

on my way to pick up my first z, i saw this 3rd gen eclipse with its front rammed into a cliff right above a ditch with about a foot of ground in front of its back tires. the guy was walking around his car as we drove by. and then on the way back while i was driving in a hurricane my car slid a bit as i changed lanes going around 80, and i thought i was gonna end up like that guy before i even showed my friends what i had bought. the funny part was that my mom started freaking out

this one truely sucked.....
i think it was the 4th day i had my car. I went out to one of my friends houses who is rebuilding an early 70s camaro.... :bling: ....so when i got there i took him on a test drive in his little neighborhood. with 4 of my friends, 4 ladies and his dad wacthing....and noone else in sight...., i dropped the clutch as requested and redlined first...but missed second(i still wasnt used to the short shifter), therefore making A LOT of noise. so i come up to this stop sign and things start to turn bad. i drop the clutch again, this time around 6k :doh: and do half a donut and try to correct myself, but i ran off the road about 2 feet scraping up my passenger side skirt, not enough to tell tho. but these kids were wacthing us from their front yard and i guess they were laughing at me. ha ha ha....well.....hmm no sooner than i get out of my car this huge guy with a mullet walks out of his front door two houses down from my friends house. he comes up and starts yellin at us "Who the F&%k is drivin that car, and all my friends were like "he does." so the guy starts yellin at me, and im just standing nonchalantly next to my car thinking...WTF. he starts yelling at me about how his son is deaf and he couldnt hear my car if it was coming and what if he was outside playing in the street and whatnot(i forget all he said now, but i know if he said it to himself again, it would completely counteract the point of him yelling at me). so one of my friends yells back at him and this guy takes a step at him, all the while im still just chillin next to my car with the beginning of a smirk on my face. my friends dad comes and breaks up the ruffle and sends the guy home cussing....

long story.....im not done yet

one minute later i hear the popos coming, 4 sherrif cars...soon parked behind me... a lady, the mullet guys daughter, walks out and said she called the cops cuz she thought there was gonna be a fight. so the sherrifs come up and ask what happened and yell at me cuz they came speeding out here for nothing...haha my friend who yelled at the guy...tried to show a sherrif how the mullet man stepped at him and the sherrif was like "You better step back right away" haha.....but this was when i had just switched the plates from my old car...had no registration or title or certificate of purchase. so then he gave me a talk about that stuff and called my parents to check the title of the car and gave me another talk "Im sure this car is as fast as a bat out of hades but you shouldnt be driving like that," and then they went to talk to the mullet man. truthfully i was only going as fast as where 1st gear redlines...
i must say tho...rough neighborhood

hmm
another funny but bad time in my old car was when i was driving with my broken leg. i was leaving one of my hott friends(yes a girl, fairlady) house with my best friend. there were probably like 5 or 6 people outside when i gunned my car down her road. well, 5 seconds later the car is flatlining and im thinking "OH SH&T" as my brakes tighten up. i got her stopped, but dam i felt like a dumbass. it died once more on the way home, and never really got fixed.

Last edited by b300z; 01-18-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:35 PM
caught the z fever

one day when i went to school, i accidently turned my lights on as i got out of the car...about 3 hours later i hear an announcement over the intercom about a blue sports car having its lights on. well when i got to my class, i guess that was like the third time they had announced my lights being on....oooops

i have memories of getting my car egged 3 weekends in a row by a ****** who likes my girlfriend....he still calls her to this day, i dont really hate him but its just annoying...i need a machine gun smilie :argue:

ummm
once driving to my friends house after i thought i fixed the hesitation problem, and another time on my way to practice i ran out of gas...sh&t. my main fuel gauge quit working and my aftermarket gas gauge showed 91-93% used when empty(yea it read backwards)

i had a lot of problems with my last z....but it was still a lot of fun
Old 01-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Jack Of All Trades

I'm waiting to here the REAL story about you ending the life of your old Z.

I don't have any stories yet, I'm working on only approaching the max limits of tire adhesion.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:06 AM

tsk tsk tsk B300z :rofl: You need to calm down before you start paying out of your a$$ for insurance, like i am right now. But i can understand, i did it too
Old 01-19-2005, 10:56 AM
caught the z fever

shoot...my stories are only half way done...

ok, another time i was driving to lunch with my friend(i briefly talked about this a while ago) he told me to go left for lunch, which we usually dont. so i get to this stop sign at a T intersection that is always busy because there is a stop light about 100 feet on the right side of the T intersection. so, a car is driving right towards the light with a few far enough behind it for me to get through and there were like 2-3 cars going left. After the car going right passed me, it stopped in line, blocking my view. So i saw the the cars going left go by and i gunned it cuz my friend said he didnt see any other ones coming and if there were, i wanted to get in front of them. well i barked them a bit as i slid a bit around the left median. then, 200 feet away as i pulled into the McDonald's parking lot a cop was sitting there staring at me as i pulled in and parked. He backed up and blocked my exit, asked me if my accelerator was stuck and then gave me a ticket.

ok, well on the day after my birthday, it was in between lunches(i get an hour and a half for lunch) and my friend had called me up cuz he had gotten his downpipes and test pipes in so i was gonna go check them out. well i pull up to the intersection leaving the school parking lot, see this white envoy with its turn signal on(as i said in between lunches, shes a student at my school) so i go, and slow so i dont lose traction. next thing i know shes right outside my door and i do a 540 and stop. i was stuck in my seat for a couple of minutes until i could squeeze myself out
ill talk more later, class is over
Old 01-19-2005, 01:50 PM
caught the z fever

back to the story...
well i told the cop i saw her turn signal so i went
and he asked her and she said she never had any intentions of turning B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh, and the cop told me happy birthday.
a week later, same position as the last, a blue envoy was turning into the school parking lot with no turn signal on....definately noticed it, there was no way that she didnt have her turn signal on.
damage was 7k+ we got close to 5 from insurance.
i was supposed to go to dinner with my girlfriend and another couple
we still did, but i wasnt very in to anything...my gf tried to cheer me up, but it didnt help out too much
my insurance is still the same because this was the first accident the family has been in for like 2 decades. but its still dam high
Old 01-20-2005, 01:30 PM
caught the z fever

im waitin for some of yours fairlady
Old 01-20-2005, 09:21 PM
I have a present for you...

I owned a '71 Z years ago and got in trouble with the law so many times my insurance canceled me. This time I bought a radar detector/jammer. The problem with a detector alone is if you are going to fast and the cop has the "instant on" type radar, it's usually to late. There is a local sherriff here that has hit me with it several times and every time, he looks at his radar gun like "What the **** is wrong with this piece of ****!"
I don't speed through neighborhoods cause I don't want to **** anyone off but sometimes you can't resist decorating the pavement. There is a nice highway out near here with long slow curves, newly paved and no traffic in the late mornig. I took my old 240 up to 115 mph and held it there for 20+ miles to check my new suspension. Took the curves like a dream and no worries from the law.
There is a industrial area near by that is empty on Sundays. Tere is a turn there that is posted 25 mph. Took it at 85, used both lanes but it was in control. That was better than sex.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Ruined By Spudz

I'll tell you later, I'm at my girlfriend's house. Had to look up Lexus's for her Mommy...And yes, I have a girlfriend B300, not boyfriend (you don't have to hide it anymore, we're okay with it..)
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 PM

Welp, I'll start my first post on this forum as a story of how my Z came to a tragic end.
About 2 weeks ago on my way home from work I approached an intersection with the green light. As I got closer I realised that a white Buick LeSabre in one of the crossing lanes wasn't stopping. I hit the brakes hard and locked the fronts up sliding square into the Buick's passenger side. After a moment of shock at what had happened I got out of the car to see if the occupants in the other vehicle were ok. The girl driving hops out histerical while still on her cell phone...
To make a long story short. She is 16 and had just got her licence 2 days earlier. While yacking on her phone with her mother of all people, she ran the red without even knowtising. Now my poor Z is totalled. I'm hoping to get a new one outta her insurance company. Wish me luck!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:31 AM
caught the z fever

OlderThanMe= Luckyyyyy
me= not really lucky

theramz....that sounds sweet, i wish i had a place like that here

cheezmonta....that sux, i know how you feel
what kind of z did you have?

fairlady, why do i have to keep on going over this????? i have a GIRLFRIEND...GIRL...LADY...WOMAN....SEXY BIZNATCH( )
ha...
do you want proof???
ive got a few stories about her, but your not gonna hear any of them
Old 01-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Bad Speller

ohh where arround the same age so I hear U dude. but the thing is girls here arent really about fast cars no more. but that's ok. They still want me. lol I wish
Old 01-21-2005, 04:01 PM

It was an 89' Z31, Black, 2 seat, 5-speed. I was getting the car ready for a turbo swap. She was my pride and joy for 3 years. And it was all taken away by a stupid little girl.
Oh well. This is now a time to start anew. I'm looking at a few Z's. An 87' Turbo, but it's an auto, white and has a tan interior. A 90' Z32 n/a, Black, 5-speed. And a 92' Z32 white n/a, 5-speed. How much her insurance Co. is willing to settle for will determine which Z I get.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:43 PM
caught the z fever

youll have your time bardabe
it took me 4 years to get where i am now, and in about 5 months its gonna be all over *crying*....*sniffle sniffle* ahhemm, well it sux...
Old 01-21-2005, 10:24 PM

This should help you guys understand how redneck of an area I live in.....

I pulled up in front of the post office about a year ago. There were these 2 old guys, (70-80 years old) sitting on a bench in front of the post office. They looked like they hadn't moved since Jimmy Carter was president. Both of them were workin' on the wads of tabacco in their mouths. One of them says to me, "What the hell is that thing?" I turn to him and say, "It's a Nissan 300zx." He turns to his friend and starts jumpin' up and down saying, "See, I told you it was one of those danged 'ol Jap-mitsu-whatever-you-callem's". :doh: I was speechless.

Stuff like this happens quite frequently up here.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Ruined By Spudz

91- LMAO, wish I coulda been there to hear that
B- I don't want to hear any of your guy-on-guy graphic butt stories..
Old 01-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Bad Speller

LMAO Thamn Fairlady u love bagging on B300 I think u where his only butt story. :roflmao:
Old 01-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Fan

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
This should help you guys understand how redneck of an area I live in.....

I pulled up in front of the post office about a year ago. There were these 2 old guys, (70-80 years old) sitting on a bench in front of the post office. They looked like they hadn't moved since Jimmy Carter was president. Both of them were workin' on the wads of tabacco in their mouths. One of them says to me, "What the hell is that thing?" I turn to him and say, "It's a Nissan 300zx." He turns to his friend and starts jumpin' up and down saying, "See, I told you it was one of those danged 'ol Jap-mitsu-whatever-you-callem's". :doh: I was speechless.

Stuff like this happens quite frequently up here.
And I thought rednecks were bad here in Tenessee...
Old 01-22-2005, 05:42 PM
caught the z fever

never had any butt stories...never will
yea fairlady, why are you slamming me so much?
your just lucky i dont have any good comebacks
andim still waiting for some stories, since you were the one who wanted me to start this thread
Old 01-22-2005, 08:58 PM

I bought my 280ZX on a nice cold day in January. We had a lot of snow the day before and I considered getting the Z after the snow melted but I wanted it so bad that i just said "screw it". So I go off that day and buy my Z and of course I want to play with it a little bit. I revved it out a little but nothing insane. After I had my fun I decided not to push my luck so I headed for home and the nice dry garage. As im turning on to my street (the road is covered in ice by the way) I lose traction completely. I am heading directly at a stop sign. I slammed on the brakes and watch in fear as I continue to slide along the ice. The car came to a stop no more than three inches away from the sign. It scared the crap out of me (not literally). It took my friends 4-wheel drive bigass deisel truck and 3 people pushing for 20 minutes to get it off the ice. I hate winter.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Ruined By Spudz

Originally Posted by b300z
never had any butt stories...never will
yea fairlady, why are you slamming me so much?
your just lucky i dont have any good comebacks
andim still waiting for some stories, since you were the one who wanted me to start this thread
Well, I told my best story already, and it did not end well. I will tomorrow. You guys can gather on the magic carpet, bring some popcorn, I guess B can bring his boy-toy, and we can all have story time. It's on like Donkey Kong. :hpydance:
Old 01-23-2005, 01:30 AM

z cars are stupid 1993 cougar pwns all noobs like z cars *******. get a real car like a cougar ******* and quit acting like a bitch on how good your z is cause no matter what it isnt no civic or accord bitches
Old 01-23-2005, 07:30 AM
caught the z fever

someone must have been inebriated this weekend
they arent thinking too well...
Old 01-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Ruined By Spudz

Originally Posted by applemansapple
z cars are stupid 1993 cougar pwns all noobs like z cars *******. get a real car like a cougar ******* and quit acting like a bitch on how good your z is cause no matter what it isnt no civic or accord bitches
Yep, Cougars are cooooooool.

Quick Reply: stories about your z