The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

snw and turboboosts rotary pissing match uber-thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Über User

apex seals are the crap of rotaries, if it werent for them, they would be the greatest motor other than a diesel engine that exists. naturally aspirated they creat 193hp per liter.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
naturally aspirated they creat 193hp per liter.
Where'd you get that number? There are so many variables that come in to play, there is no possible way to get an exact number per "x" amount of displacement. That's like me saying that every piston engine in the world gets 96 hp per litre. There is no possible way you can do that.

With that being said, rotary engines are incredibly efficient.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Über User

cause im beautiful!!!! no i read it, the exactness is just me, but i really did research rotories once, and they said right there at 190hp per liter. look it up n00b
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM

cause im beautiful!!!! no i read it, the exactness is just me, but i really did research rotories once, and they said right there at 190hp per liter. look it up n00b
I have a deal for you. If you can show me from more than two RELIABLE sources that what you are saying is completely true, I will Paypal you 20 Canadian Dollars! I know quite a few things about rotaries, and I can assure you that what you are saying is pure ignorance.

Also, with your reasoning, why doesn't my buddies 1979 rx-7 non-turbo have 247 hp? 1.3 litres x 190 = 247.

In reality, it only has 145ish.

Last edited by turboboost; 01-05-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
eff good grammar

DONT DO IT, he lying they dont have pay pal in canadia, they have pay MATE!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
DONT DO IT, he lying they dont have pay pal in canadia, they have pay MATE!
Lol @ Canadia.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Über User

paypal me 20 canadian? after the exchange rate ill probably loose money!!! lol

and yes it should, look at the RX-8 tard just kidding about teh tard. he has an old out dated version. its just not utilized how it should be. technology is the shiz!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Über User

now... define reputable....

http://blackpagepress.com/rotaryarticle.html

http://www.fast-autos.net/forum/show...p?t=296&page=6

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2734

i think you can do math for a reliable source. 13B in teh RX-8 adn they make about 250hp on an NA 1.3 litre. now 190 (ish) hp per litre is no big.... for a boosted car. infact there is a 13B making in the 1000hp range, do that math for HP per liter. insane! but in naturally aspirated, i cant think of any other engine that can do that.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 AM

paypal me 20 canadian? after the exchange rate ill probably loose money!!! lol

and yes it should, look at the RX-8 tard just kidding about teh tard. he has an old out dated version. its just not utilized how it should be. technology is the shiz!
So what if the Rx-8 makes incredible amounts of horsepower for a small displacement engine? I'm not saying the rotary isn't a good/efficient engine design, because I truly think it is one of the better internal combustion engine types. But for you to make a blanket statement saying every rotary engine should make 190 hp per liter of displacement, is completely ignorant, and makes you look like an uneducated fool. There is no possible way to come up with all inclusive equation of hp per liter for any engine, let alone a rotary. By no means am I saying that it cannot make 190 hp liter, because evidently, it can easily do it with proper tuning.

now... define reputable....

http://blackpagepress.com/rotaryarticle.html

http://www.fast-autos.net/forum/show...p?t=296&page=6

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2734

i think you can do math for a reliable source. 13B in teh RX-8 adn they make about 250hp on an NA 1.3 litre. now 190 (ish) hp per litre is no big.... for a boosted car. infact there is a 13B making in the 1000hp range, do that math for HP per liter. insane! but in naturally aspirated, i cant think of any other engine that can do that.

I know what you are saying, but apparently we are arguing about two different things.

I know the rotary engines potential, and I LOVE the engine because of it. I know that a 1.3 liter rotary can make insane power with simple upgrades done to it. I'm not disputing those facts. I'm just disputing that fact that not all rotaries create exactly 190 hp/L, like you said in your earlier post. And yes, those sources are reputable, but they still do not prove your point.

No hard feelings there Mr.snwy, I'm just trying to educate you on something that clearly you have no clue about.

See ya bud, and you get yourself some sleep.

Last edited by turboboost; 01-05-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Über User

id like you to find those exact words from me now though saying ALL ROTARIES MAKE 190HP PER LITER.

i said rotaries can. or are capable, one of those more generic words, of making that. its incredible because in a naturally aspirated form i have yet to see any other motor style do that. the V8 with lots of mods has come close, but most of them is NOS and thats cheating in this game, im talking about simpe tuning, normal induction, no outside chemmicals but raw gasoline and ambient air. PACHOW!!! i have no hard feelings. im a tough guy to offend, but when you do.... hell hath no furry like a snwy scorn.

edit: looking back, i didnt use generic, but i didnt use specific. you assumed and you know what happens when we assume, we make an *** outta me. theres to many factors, options, and just variables that would make that statement impossible. but its still "true" as in rotaries have and that is a standard hp per liter for modern rotaries at least.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 01-05-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:16 AM

apex seals are the crap of rotaries, if it werent for them, they would be the greatest motor other than a diesel engine that exists. naturally aspirated they creat 193hp per liter.
Sounds pretty definitive doesn't it?

Originally Posted by turboboost
Where'd you get that number? There are so many variables that come in to play, there is no possible way to get an exact number per "x" amount of displacement. That's like me saying that every piston engine in the world gets 96 hp per litre. There is no possible way you can do that.

With that being said, rotary engines are incredibly efficient.
You could have backed out there and said "I mean they CAN create 190 hp per liter.

Again, you didn't say anything about "being able to" you said they "do." A big difference.

Now maybe if you actually organize your thoughts and type them with even half the intelligence of a normal person, this wouldn't have happened.

Good old snwy. I love arguing with you because it makes me seem so intelligent, even though I am at least 3 years younger than you.

Again, kindest regards.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Über User

it actually makes you seem like an arrogant *** that cant open his mind when some one claimed their mistake already and now you will dig further for self gratitude in a matter that honestly means nothing. you kept this cool untill right here:

"Now maybe if you actually organize your thoughts and type them with even half the intelligence of a normal person, this wouldn't have happened.

Good old snwy. I love arguing with you because it makes me seem so intelligent, even though I am at least 3 years younger than you."

thats the kind of **** thats just rude and instead of making you seem more intelligent it has now brought you down and has made you more immature, pointing fingers and claiming self achievements based on anothers mistake, even though it was already self admitted. why didnt you save the trouble of arguing this far just so you could claim the statement of "im more intelligent" when honestly, one mistake and lapse of judgment means nothing. you unfortunatly dont know me other than what i reveal on the net so my achievements and what ive over come to be where im at so far, though it seems i live a cushy life, along with my normal cheery'ness and up-beat attitude actually does alot more for me than the simple claim of "im more intelligent" can ever do. every piece of technology has improved since it was created and will keep on improving, so to compare something modern with something thats 20 years old is a weak fight and point. do this math, 250 divide it by 1.3

that number was my argument. not that every rotary since its creation and even in its design faze produces this. for me to make that generic of a statement and for you to assume or any one to assume that was my proposition is just ignorant knowing fully that i havent been just been changing an air filter on my car since ive been born. why would you just go and turn this very pointless yet friendly argument into something so bitter with such tasteless comments liek the ones you made at the end of your last post?

im out. i have a movie to watch and sleep to catch up on. go back to the person you were prior to the last post and we can be cool again.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:09 AM
eff good grammar

holy crap i refreshed and there was like 6 more posts!
does he get the $20 through pay mate now?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 PM

I apologize for being an arrogant *******. Some things just weren't going my way last night. With that being said, we were both actual trying to make the same point, we just didn't understand each other very clearly. I guess that's what happens when neither of us can put out thoughts down very well in a post. Can we be friends again?

Regards,

Derek
Old 01-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
holy crap i refreshed and there was like 6 more posts!
does he get the $20 through pay mate now?

Nope. We were both arguing the same point.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:31 PM

I just want one or two of these engines to play with.
http://www.americanantigravity.com/d...-Interview.pdf
Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Über User

lol ^^^ sorry about the thread jacking.

and an apology is all i need. its all cool again. hmmmmm, been a while since i got fiesty on here. it felt good to put down some sense. because most of the time i type fast on here because im just not to concerned with grammer and using my brain for proper english and just focusing on teh technical parts.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

damn kids.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Über User

i love you E!!!! and your only 6 years older than me. kids. bah
Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

and your only 6 years older than me. kids. bah
factor in maturity and i could be your grandfather.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Whoever said rotary engines are "efficient" has got to be kidding. Rotaries have terrible gas mileage for their displacement! Everyone always touts how much HP a rotary has for their small displacement. Well, the whole point of small displacement is good gas mileage.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Get outta my way.

Dont they have low ammount of torque to?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Usedta be Justin260z

Low amount of torque whaa?

The first one has no turbo, supercharger, or nitrous. All ROTOR hehe

Last edited by Sweets; 01-05-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Get outta my way.

O , I was assuming they did becuase my brothers friend has a rx8 and he says it has little torque.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM
eff good grammar

thats because they screwed up when they made the RX8, its no where near the car any other RX cars are

Quick Reply: snw and turboboosts rotary pissing match uber-thread!