The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

s30

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:31 AM

s30

Alright ppl's. My 76 is in bad shape. The body is near perfect. But the floor pans are shot to hell. Are there any kits? Anyone have tips on new ones? And can I cut out the raidiator bar with out supporting the front shock towers? It has to go. The frame is good, body good. I need a passenger door window(pinkpanther foam only works for so long) the driver side shock(rear) froze up. And come on, drum breaks? Any Z year swap I can do for back there?
Old 12-21-2007, 12:58 PM

Tons of kits for floor pans:
Motorsport Auto (MSA) http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SBC1B10A/30-7316
Bad Dog Parts
Zedd Findings http://www.datsunzparts.com/
Z Car Source www.zcarsource.com
Z Parts http://www.zparts.com/home.html
and others, too.

I don't know about how much support you need for repairing/replacing the rad support(s), as I haven't had to do that.

For the window, all of the vendors above are good ones to try, in particular Z Car Source and Z Parts for used stuff, in stock.

For brakes, the stock ones are actually quite good for anything up to and including the occasional "for fun" hot lap day at the track, as long as you've got new, good quality components and fluid, and keep it all cleaned and maintained well. I still converted mine to rear disc and 4-piston vented front disc. Check the brakes section in the 240, 260, 280Z forum for more threads and pics. I went with the Modern Motorsports kits (www.modern-motorsports.com), but there are a lot of options out there. There's a giant sticky in the brakes section of hybridz.org, too, which lays out every last possible option.

have fun,
Dave
Old 12-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Thanks Boulder, I'll get right on those links. For a break conv, I want to use stock nissan parts if I can. Just swap from newer years. Window I can get local, just got to do it. And raid support has to be takin out compleatly. I will have a new brace for the shock towers put in before it ever rolls. I just needed to know if I can take it out before then so I can get the new slanted raid in. I got all that now. And want to get started on it. But the brace is still a ways off.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Über User

im sure you could cut out the rad suport if your going to put a new one in. the engine cradle and steering rack all bolt to the engine compartment walls RIGHT where the shock towers are, it should hold together in there fine, just pull the engine to take some extra stress off. and i have floor pans.... now do i want to sell them though......
Old 12-21-2007, 01:24 PM

There no engine in it right now. And yes you do want to sell them. The third floor pan is in the rear. I am cuting out the spare tire hole. Puting in two custom rails. And puting a flat floor in. Although it might be recessed into the floor 2-3 inches do to the size of the 16gal fuel cell. Then all will be coverd up nicely with wood and carpet and have a hole with gas cap to fill it.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Big Poppa

the modern kit is nissan parts, 240sx stuff!!