The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Router's

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:55 AM

Router's

I need to set up a network for my ipod and PSP to get online. Only problem is our ISP won't alow ppl to use wireless routers. They think were guna buy there internet package, then sell bandwidth. Most usedset up is. Internet-router-computer. But i want to try Internet-computer router. let the computer share the network connection. This ISP acts as a hotspot. and you have to log on threw a browser. It's hardwired into your rooms. and i can't get the damn ipod or psp to connect to the computers wireless card. The rear of the router i have is common. ports 1-4 and a WAN port. The internet will work if i put the internet and computer in 1 and 2 and not use WAN. but can i make the laptop send back threw and set up a network useing the router and share the net connection. Setting up the common way of Internet-router-computer will let me log on for 2 mins. then drops and won't work again. and that's with it set up as DHCP. Even setting it up as Internet wired directly into the computer, then the computer send to router threw it's wireless card and share the net that way, will be fine. oh. and if it's needed for help. it's a standard 2.4ghz Jama router

Last edited by FubarI33t; 09-08-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Ruff Ryder

can't you just run a splitter? or get a blue tooth card?

(I'm sorry man, I had a really hard time reading that post)
Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 AM

right now. i got the internet ran into the #1 port not Wan port. and it send the net fine over a wireless for me. but i can't get my ipod online. spliter won't do much since an ipod don't have a eathernet port. nor does my touch have bluetooth. only wifi