The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

"Pinks" Z episode

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

"Pinks" Z episode

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...D735857FAC0067

I dont know about you guys but does anyone else smell BULLSHIT. I am disgusted that pinks let that happen. And now i hear there is some bruhaha over the hybrid Z raffle dealie? And those f*ckin hicks. . . .someone needs to slap'm with a crow bar and get'm to shut up.

Watch and give us your 2 cents

" dont drive thousand miles and not bring yurr lunch box!"

Last edited by apollo; 07-23-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:07 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Looked like a bunch of BS to me also. Use a NOS bottle against a slower car as it is? And a lot of the episode, didn't make much sense to me. What happened, to a straight out drag race?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Dyno vid of the hybrid Z
http://www.henryism.com/misc/video_output.wmv

And does anyone know what the hybrid members did to get banned?

Last edited by apollo; 07-24-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:26 AM

yeah, I watched that episode when it actually came on tv, and it seemed like a bunch of bs to me. The other team wasn't being cooperative and racing fair. They kept telling the HybridZ crew not to 'sandbag' them, but in reality is was them who were holding back. I think that if they wanted to run a fair race, they should have given them the 4 1/2 car lengths that HybridZ wanted, and ran without the bottle.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:16 AM
The Evil Twin

The bottle made all the difference. That 383 was probably close to 500hp NA in that big car, and the Z had 390hp. So with the bottle... they say 150hp but who knows. Maybe 200hp shot.

Why is it that in every single Pinks episode there is one really fast street car vs an all out tube frame drag car? The drag car always wins.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Doesn't post much...

That's what you get for bastardizing a Nissan (Datsun) with a Chevy motor....

Rod.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm a Registered User!

it was still an inline 6 2.8L wasn't it?

that sucked man, that sucked
Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
The Evil Twin

Yes it was. I don't think Rod watched the episode or the dyno video.

It was an L28 turbo, 362hp / 393tq at the wheels VS a 383 on the bottle in a Chevy something. They were about the same speed without nitrous. I don't think that L28 could have taken a nitrous shot though even if he had it.

Last edited by Bleach; 07-24-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Euro Z King

Location: Utrecht The Netherlands where owning a car is a CRIME!!
they got banned because the played smoke screen and mirrors with araffle ( tried rigging) and shady dealings with the donated cash !!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Bleach
Yes it was. I don't think Rod watched the episode or the dyno video.

It was an L28 turbo, 362hp / 393tq at the wheels VS a 383 on the bottle in a Chevy something. They were about the same speed without nitrous. I don't think that L28 could have taken a nitrous shot though even if he had it.
No, I did... I was just saying that to be a dick, and because "HybridZ" is all about the chevy swap

It's called "Karma"

The Z Gods employed their mighty Wrath upon the evil doers.

Rod.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Yea thats true. I hated to see the Z go out in such a way but then again . . .I mean look at where they were coming from. Where is the "hybrid" Z? All those ******** on that site that know sooooOOOOooo much about Z's and have the means and experience to create these v-8 monsters and they used a l28et? with stock suspension?! AND they were so unorganized they didn't even finish tuning it properly. It was poor attempt on hybrids part. Not to say what they did wasn't awesome. Just that i feel as a forum renowned for having the most extreme of engineered Z's i think it was a let down to see a poorly running L28et get beat down so badly

Last edited by apollo; 07-24-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:39 PM
NisTuner

What happened exactly? That first run the car was on the bottle, and they brought it down to 1½ car lengths. Yet every other run after that the car was worse and worse. I imagine because it was hot, but then they said they had serious heat/timing issues. They could build such a fast car, yet not work out all these other issues? I've never seen Pinks before this. Kinda dissapointed at seeing the Z lose, but overall that didn't even seem like a remotely fair matchup.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm a Registered User!

I'd like to see a Z vs an import
Old 07-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Well thank you, ASA. Although my only contribution to a Z battle would be a paint job. I'll admit i can wrench and paint but thats it. When it comes to building a motor I'll leave it to the people who know how.

That said- There is one guy one Zdriver, forgot his name, that has a Z32 running 9's with a stereo, subs . .the whole 9 yards. Its green. I definately think that would be a great race. Not on pinks though. That show has lost all credibilty with me. With the "street race" style event where they give lengths and then match up totaly un-even cars?? To my knowlefge street racing has been heads up for YEARS between fairly matched cars of YOUR choice. Even fast and the furious lines'm heads up. The host admitted he doesnt know the 1st thing about cars. Its just a reality TV show that is cheap to run, cheap to film and the contestants even provide there own prizes . . .their cars!!!

Last edited by apollo; 07-24-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:21 PM

thing is that car never put down 390 at the race day...more like 250...they had bad troubles with that engine...also they were TOLD to build a 12 second car with stock suspention and manual tranny as they were going to race a 12 second car in their class with similar setup....that car ran like poop on the track...(i read all this from the people on the crew at hybridz and zcar), I just hated seeing those hicks take it away. Its funny they said it wasnt a 10 second car on tv, as in one of the posts on hybridz both the driver and one of the builders of the Z said that the guy pulled a time slip after the race of the previous nights running 10.5 or something on just the engine without the N2O.

I knew pinks was gay but i didnt know it was this lame...they passed them before the Z even took off.

now what pisses me even more off is when i read the threads, all the "know it all guys with all the parts for a 8 second Z" started saying they had the parts and wanted to donate but were never asked, they had this n that....Those guys posted threads about donating to the Z on every forum spare us the B.S. of how "you coulda if asked". ugh. tells you something about THEIR character too.

also to build that car in 45 days....not bad if only it ran right.

Last edited by Skully; 07-24-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Snazzy Title

sounds like a complete mess, hmm a older Z stripped with 360HP+ couldn't run faster than that is suprising. The car should have been at mid if not high 11's pass.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:00 PM
The Evil Twin

That Chevy was tubbed and tube frame. How do you call that stock suspension? Only the body of that car was stock. I've seen the same thing on an episode of Pinks with two Mustangs. One was a 12 sec car, street car, and the other was fully modded race car... probalby not even street legal. Of course the race car won.

someone needs to say they've got a 12 sec 240SX then show up with a Nissan Skyline, RB26DETT, AWD, 800hp and blow th doors off the other car.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:08 PM
The Evil Twin

Also, HybridZ isn't all about the V8. It used to be years ago. I get a lot of good info on turbo L-series from there and that is also a good place for SR and RB info.

search the archives. If you post a new question, dont' expect a timely repsonse...
Old 07-24-2006, 03:26 PM

no no no the car they were suppose to race was suppose to be of the same class but it crashed in practice runs or some **** the night before...so they "bought" the monte for 2500 they said...

again this is all info that the team z is providing on other forums

Last edited by Skully; 07-24-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM
NisTuner

Well you can tell that car was doing pretty good with that first run. You could see how it just took off towards the end there. The fact that Pinks went ahead and switched cars last second should not make the hybrid team give up their car, but still I think if they were able to build that engine as they did, they could have worked out the problems. I agree in the dyno vid it does say something about them. The vid can be summed up as: "It goes fast now, alright guys we're done"
Old 07-24-2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by duowing
Well you can tell that car was doing pretty good with that first run. You could see how it just took off towards the end there.
no it didnt take off...the monte let off the throttle, its a strategy they played to get less car lentgths and make the z SEEM faster...the guy kept looking over hes shoulder and was slowing down....the first run in the Z the boost was turned down and he bogged it on purpose, again strategy but monte let off so the Z caught up.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
NisTuner

Ahh ok, see I don't know much about drag racing. So I didn't really understand what they were talking about. So in actuality, is it possible to take an L28ET and a 240Z and build it to the point it could take that car with the bottle? Or at least manage to run pretty close?
Old 07-24-2006, 04:32 PM

haha anything is possible...but thats not real drag racing either, its a stupid *** show that doesnt make much sense...
Old 07-24-2006, 04:38 PM
NisTuner

Yeah, that's true. I've never heard of putting the car X amount of lengths ahead. I thought it was pretty dumb while I watched it, but it was entertaining to watch. Kinda cool to see an old Z on a tv show.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:33 PM

Pinks can be a good show, but only if the opponents aren't being dicks to each other. I watched a few where one team was having some issues with their car, and the other team was actually understanding and raced fair. I think that if a team is "sandbagging" as they call it on Pinks, they should be disqualified or penalized for not making the race fair. Come on, if you're going to race and try to make it fair, don't screw with the other team like that. I could easily take my pool truck on the show, run down the quarter mile in 3rd gear only, and say that's my fastest run, and then get however many car lengths ahead I wished, and beat a car that is four times as powerful only because I did some cheap shot drag race.

It'd be better if it were regulated where people couldn't just lie their way into a win. I'm all down on the car lengths idea, but as for cheap races, I think it's bs.

Quick Reply: "Pinks" Z episode