The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.
View Poll Results: Is it ok for a friend to spend a weekend with a recent ex?
No, for a friend to do that is pretty shady
61.54%
Yes, it's acceptable for a friend to spend the weekend with a recent ex
38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Is it ok for a friend to spend a weekend with a recent ex?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by Darrel
Can we have a separate forum for thxone, wildman and zlover4life?
... and who are you? Some nobody? Seriously, what makes you think your input here is warranted? I've never even seen you on these forums, and if I have, I clearly didn't remember it - which would speak volumes about your posts.

I love when random people pop up out of nowhere to talk internet sh*t.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:30 PM

"Men are from MARS, Women are from VENUS" ..

I am no relationship expert and I don't post that often .. so I may be grouped in the "wtf" category .. but here goes ..

As Rod (if I may) indicated .. you have a right to your feelings. But you don't have a right to exert your feelings on your "ex" nor your "best friend".

I may have missed it, but you didn't exactly indicate whether the parting was mutual or "messy"?

Your "ex" has a new interest (not your best friend) .. not mentioned, so I'm presuming "no issues" there.

Your "best friend" has a gf? (not your ex) .. again not mentioned, so I'm presuming "no issues" there either.

The only one that has an issue is YOU! You obviously have feelings, as expressed previously, have a "right" to have.

Q? Tickets? Who purchased them? She? He? Mutually split?
Q? Cost of the weekend? Split 50/50?

Could put a different perspective on the "date" vs "2-friends going to a concert together".

Q? If it were your "ex" and your best friend's gf going .. would you have the same feelings?

Remember .. Men ARE from MARS, Women ARE from Venus (read the book if you haven't)

You said that he is your BEST FRIEND. And yes, you did tell him to "f-off" (Best Friends do that occassionally. The fact that they are still around, demonstrates why they are "best friends")

In the grand scheme of things of life .. IF someting happens, beyond just 2 friends going to a concert - and your best friend is "happy". What kind of "best friend" are you?

Also .. even IF something else occurs .. you won't "die". (Again, I'm not discounting your "feelings") .. but there WILL be another "gf".
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Über User

then rod basically stole my words, your friend while is entitled to do what he wants, as your friend, he should know his boundaries in a relationship or not, he is supposed to support YOU and do things with YOU, not her

as for her, she is your EX and if there are hard feelings will do whatever in her power to **** you off, but you cant do anything but be pissed on the inside she can do what she wants.

just go, talk to your friend, let him know WHY this HURTS (or whatever feeling you have) you and why its so un-doubtedly ignorant towards you and your feelings, he should be your friend not her friend. at teh same time bring up how this must make his current GF feel if she is even aware of teh extent of there friendly relationship. he technically shouldnt really even talk to her but its cool that you are cool with it but hanging out and going comeplace together for a night or w.e. just is over doing it, and pushing the boundaries of your guys friend ship.

on a different story, when i get my 260 on the roads id like to come and see your Z32 so i can be reminded and jealous of you. lol.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered Zee Racer

Keep the posts coming, i figure it would be nice to have posts like this in one spot. ;-)

wildman--- there is a reason you have a folder that spam goes directly into.

zlover4life-- get over your old gf, if she is that afraid of commitment let her choose who she wants to be with. As far as your friend, maybe he really wasn't a friend afterall. But since you aren't over your gf no need to take it out on your friend. It's his life not yours. You're all adults. GET OVER IT!!

thxone--- just like to razz you a little, I don't think you'll get back with cassidy cept to give her a dirty pirate. :-D

gets jokes-- thxone

doesn't get jokes-- wildman, zlover4life :-D

Read my signature, some things you can't let you bother you.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:23 AM

I think that it's wrong that your friend is spending time with your ex, but I'd have to agree with Rod on the fact that they are friends and that their friendship is not subject to your approval. Sounds harsh, but I can speak to it. I broke up with my ex, and I had a friend that had become friends with her over the time that we dated. I didn't want anything to do with her, my best friend James didn't talk to her, but my friend Dan decided that he still wanted to be her friend and spend time with her. I felt like he would play our emotions off of each other, and would come and talk **** about me to her, and talk **** about her to me. He was trying to stir up drama, and even tried to get us to be friends. I didn't want anything to do with that, so needless to say Dan is no longer a friend of mine.

I know it sucks, but just remember: Bros before hoes. If he's a true friend, he'll take your feelings into account, and try to stay cool with the both of you.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 AM

As much as I would personally dislike it, if it happened to me, I'd still have to say that if they want to hang out wherever, that it's between them. If it's they're now friends, it's not really your place to say what they should, or should not do, especially when it's established that things with you and your ex are officially over. I just don't think it's right to put ultimatums on friends, where they get forced into having to choose between 2 people they consider friends. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Heat Rave R; 05-17-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
User Friendly

I can understand why you’d be upset about them spending the weekend together. At least they didn’t try to rub it in your face, as you said you found out “by accident”. If your friend’s new gf was going with them, then it wouldn’t bother me at all, but since she’s not, it’d leave my mind to wander as to what might happen during the trip.

Years ago, my roommate started dating my husband right after he and I separated – which they hid from me for several months. (She met him the day he helped move me out of his house, and had been dating him since.) When I became suspicious, I asked her about it and she confessed. I wasn’t upset that they were dating, only that she had lied to me for all that time – presented a trust issue. Anyway, I didn’t want my husband back and just wanted a divorce, which he refused to give me, so I was glad that he found someone who made him happy (my roommate). My roommate was able to finally talk him into giving me my divorce, so things worked out great for me.

I have to ask, what are your feelings toward Mandy? Are you wanting to get back together with her? If not, then don’t you want her to be happy – regardless of whether it’s with your friend? If they want to become intimate, it’s going to happen whether you like it or not – whether it occurs soon, or several months or years from now. Sometimes you just have to let go, and realize that you’d rather your ex be happy, as well as your friend. You don’t seem like the type of person who’d say, “I don’t want her, but don’t want anyone else to have her.”

So, my answer is two-fold: If you still want Mandy back and your friend knows this, then, no, it’s not right for him to spend the weekend with her without his gf present. However, if you don’t want Mandy back and your friend knows this, then, yes, it’s o.k. – time to let go and just wish them the best.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Euro Z King

Location: Utrecht The Netherlands where owning a car is a CRIME!!
Originally Posted by Z Car Barbie
I can understand why you’d be upset about them spending the weekend together. At least they didn’t try to rub it in your face, as you said you found out “by accident”. If your friend’s new gf was going with them, then it wouldn’t bother me at all, but since she’s not, it’d leave my mind to wander as to what might happen during the trip.

Years ago, my roommate started dating my husband right after he and I separated – which they hid from me for several months. (She met him the day he helped move me out of his house, and had been dating him since.) When I became suspicious, I asked her about it and she confessed. I wasn’t upset that they were dating, only that she had lied to me for all that time – presented a trust issue. Anyway, I didn’t want my husband back and just wanted a divorce, which he refused to give me, so I was glad that he found someone who made him happy (my roommate). My roommate was able to finally talk him into giving me my divorce, so things worked out great for me.

I have to ask, what are your feelings toward Mandy? Are you wanting to get back together with her? If not, then don’t you want her to be happy – regardless of whether it’s with your friend? If they want to become intimate, it’s going to happen whether you like it or not – whether it occurs soon, or several months or years from now. Sometimes you just have to let go, and realize that you’d rather your ex be happy, as well as your friend. You don’t seem like the type of person who’d say, “I don’t want her, but don’t want anyone else to have her.”

So, my answer is two-fold: If you still want Mandy back and your friend knows this, then, no, it’s not right for him to spend the weekend with her without his gf present. However, if you don’t want Mandy back and your friend knows this, then, yes, it’s o.k. – time to let go and just wish them the best.
all i can say is amen to that!
owever, if you don’t want Mandy back and your friend knows this, then, yes, it’s o.k.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:53 PM

And here I am with my $.02

I think a true friend would run something like going away with an ex of yours beforehand...if you truly cared for this ex then he should have known this and should have the compassion for his friend to put a no go on the show. If he has a girl of his own then why does he need to take your ex...I am sorry to say it but I think there is more to their friendship that you have been privy to. Sounds to me like he is a bit shady ( I don't mean to offend you about your friend or talk bad about him, I don't know him ) I am just throwing out my opinion from past relationships and "friends" of mine.

Also, clearly you are not over her and I understand so please don't get offended by anything I say. I am not here to change your mind or try to make you forget about her or hate your friend. This would be my mind set: I just got out of a relationship...I still have strong feelings for her...I get suspicious of what she is doing or where she is or who she is with...I get paranoid...I get mad, sad, cant sleep, eat whatever, I miss her...it's all messed up in my head. Surprise man, you have emotions. That is usually what happens to me. The thing is, an ex is an ex for a reason and no matter how much you want it to work out you have to realize that most likely it wont and then you are able to move on. It hurts man and it sucks, I know, alot of us know and I am sorry that you have had to now deal with a friend hanging out with her. By him doing this it keeps her around and you have to see her more and that is not good if one of you don't want to be boyfriend or girlfriend with the other.

I think your friend is not thinking about your feelings at all. Most guys and girls will sell out their friends for some ***...not that it is like that but come on..why does he need to hang out with two chicks...what is he trying to prove...is he trying to make himself look cool by hanging out with two chicks. I think an ex is off limits for a friend unless that friend comes to you first and makes his/her intentions known and that's how I will vote...no it is not cool.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:32 PM

F$9(k him he's trying to bone her.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
The Evil Twin

I would never do that to a friend. I'm perfect, so if I wouldn't do it then its wrong!

WWBD
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM

This one could depend on who technically broke up with who. If she broke it off, then your friend is messed up. If it was a 'mutual' break up, then your friend is still an ***. If you broke it off, then everything is fair game. If that was already mentioned, then sorry....I was too impatient to read it all.

When a girl breaks up with a guy, she breaks up with all of his friends too.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

She broke up with me. And we had also been discussing getting back together for a while too, but that obviously changed.

And to the people who think it's acceptable, I'd like to once again point out that he knows how I feel about it and still went through with it anyway. For that reason, I think he's being an *******.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
User Friendly

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
She broke up with me. And we had also been discussing getting back together for a while too, but that obviously changed.

And to the people who think it's acceptable, I'd like to once again point out that he knows how I feel about it and still went through with it anyway. For that reason, I think he's being an *******.
Oooh, now that you've made that clear, my two-fold answer just became one answer:

Originally Posted by Z Car Barbie
If your friend knows this, then, no, it’s not right for him to spend the weekend with her without his gf present.
Now that I know he does know your feelings toward Mandy, I feel it is SOOOOO not right in my book! I'm so sorry, hun! I know this is a difficult time for you, but you know you have us! We wuvs ya!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Über User

thats it randy, im comin over..... you think i can be annoying online you aint seen nothin yet, it'll take your mind off mandy, hmmm.... randy and mandy, FREAKY!!!!!11!!one!!1two
Old 05-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
thats it randy, im comin over..... you think i can be annoying online you aint seen nothin yet, it'll take your mind off mandy, hmmm.... randy and mandy, FREAKY!!!!!11!!one!!1two
1. Wow... I was hit on by a gay guy that I went to high school with last summer, but I never thought I'd be hit on by a fellow Z owner over the internet... LOL

2. If you think Randy and Mandy is freaky, her parents are Denis and Denise.

3. All you guys act like I'm not over her at all. Trust me, I'm more over her than you think, and I'm not even that torn up about my friend doing that **** to me - I almost expected that he would based on knowing his ideals. It just frustrated me that I got SO MANY emails from mutual friends (and from Bruce) saying that I was wrong when they didn't see the real issue. All they saw was "you shouldn't care what they do, they're just friends" instead of "he doesn't respect my feelings." In actuality, I've got a new woman... and she's WAY better looking with an INCREDIBLE body (and shares a name with my all-time favorite **** star), so Mandy's among the last things on my mind. (And no, you horny bastards aren't getting pictures of her.)

btw Eric, you talk about wanting to see my Z... that'll have to be a while as I just ripped her guts out to put the GT2530s back on, along with a fresh set of heads, bearings, and some other goodies. However, I'm now suffering from a slight case of viral meningitis, so that project got put on hold. I'm hoping to have the car done for next week though. And are you a member of ChicagoZ.com yet?

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 05-19-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Über User

i think i am a member of it, i just dont really visit but yeah they have meets i have seen/heard of so ill prolly make it out to one, got teh Z registered today and fun stuff so i hopin to hit the roads with it. also, meningitis is no good, viral will have to take care of itself, but i know how that goes, ive been stupid sick before an dwas sick for a week just last week to an upper respiratory infection, so they said, i think there is something goin around these parts. and i wasnt hittin on you lol. but let me know how that tear down is going/near completion, i do miss the Z32 and especially since ive been seeing more an more in my area all being taken care of like ****.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:11 PM

Zlover... Something is only a problem if you allow if to be. Here's a simple philosophy. If you ignore it it will go away. If you pay attention to it, it will continue to bother you. **** on Randy and Mandy. Spend more time with your Z and find someone better to date. Ask yourself this: Does she have any hot friends you can nail?
Old 05-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by Murph Z32
Zlover... Something is only a problem if you allow if to be. Here's a simple philosophy. If you ignore it it will go away. If you pay attention to it, it will continue to bother you. **** on Randy and Mandy. Spend more time with your Z and find someone better to date. Ask yourself this: Does she have any hot friends you can nail?
I'm Randy, the friend is Bruce. Even if she has hot friends, I wouldn't be so inconsiderate of her feelings. I'm pretty much over it... as I said a few times, I'm just making polls like this on a few forums to show Bruce and the friends that took his side that they're wrong.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Awwww dammit!
it just dawned on me now that summer meets are coming up!

I guess that means that I don't get to meet your new girl.

Someone borrow me a Z, QUICK! lol
Old 05-21-2007, 04:59 PM

I'm Randy, the friend is Bruce. Even if she has hot friends, I wouldn't be so inconsiderate of her feelings. I'm pretty much over it... as I said a few times, I'm just making polls like this on a few forums to show Bruce and the friends that took his side that they're wrong.

Sorry Randy, **** on Bruce. I don't know why you feel it necessary to be considerate of her feelings, when she clearly has no consideration whatsoever for yours. If I were in your shoes, I'd go after her friends even a hot little sister. But, I'm kind of an a$$hole.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
Awwww dammit!
it just dawned on me now that summer meets are coming up!

I guess that means that I don't get to meet your new girl.

Someone borrow me a Z, QUICK! lol

I know a guy who's selling a 2+2 TT 5-speed, white, 90 (or 91 maybe, not sure), for only $4000. It needs a wiring harness though (they did the conversion and thought they could get by the with NA harness... obviously they were wrong).
Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Über User

lol ^^^^ yeah 4k aint bad at all... i just figured out the problem with my Z and its getting insured now so ill be on the streets, but i might paint it like in a wee or two also so i hope i dont down my car during a good meet, and i need to find a lady of my own to drag to car things and get her angry and slowly force into loving cars, except for hondas. lol
Old 05-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I know a guy who's selling a 2+2 TT 5-speed, white, 90 (or 91 maybe, not sure), for only $4000. It needs a wiring harness though (they did the conversion and thought they could get by the with NA harness... obviously they were wrong).
not that it isn't tempting but i just sold mine for the same amount.
I'm not about to turn around and dump it into another Z that then requires even more money put into it that i don't have.
I have other plans for the money i'm getting from the sale. I have a daily driver that needs fixing and other stuff.
I guess I could just show up as the black sheep at the meets. I'll be the annoying Acura Integra driver at the Nissan meets. LOL
Old 05-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Über User

honda ewww......

Quick Reply: Is it ok for a friend to spend a weekend with a recent ex?