The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Music, whats your fave??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:08 AM

I am down pretty hard with 90% of wildmans band list...

To add to it for my own taste:

Witchery
Deicide
Steve Vai
Michael Angelo Batio (Rated #1 guitar shreader of all time!!)
Yngwie Malmsteen
Metallica...stopping with Justice...I was not a big fan of the black album
ABBA
Billy Thorpe
Al Demiola
Gary Moore
KISS

There are many more but I am too pooped to type!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
blues, some jazz--the bluesy or boogie type, honkytonk, full out boogie, swing, some guns and roses, some acdc, mark knopfler and eric clapton ---nothing like a good boogie for driving long trips, down home blues for scca and imsa racing, and, for sailing-- dire straits, guns and roses, rolling stones, jimi, janis--whatever mood hits. like posting in colors.

---i forgot santana, joe cocker, billie holliday, saffire, bach, some beethoven, some handel, some michael macdonald--esp during the doobies days--jaszx--damm, yer da man!!! eric rocks and rules. when he and mark knopfler play together it is awesomex100. country isn't music-- doesn't count.
dylan, collins, taylor, baez,melanie, many many more.

Last edited by Z Car Barbie; 10-06-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Sept Z of the month

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
https://www.zdriver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12768
https://www.zdriver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5469
https://www.zdriver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14724

nope never had a music thread on here, never would even have to venture a guess on where i would go to SEARCH for such a thing.

I am sorry Riz. Wasnt a very motivated search I guess. I suppose you can call me a noob now..
Old 09-16-2006, 12:29 PM
No Club Love

I'm siding w/ wildman with the addition of guttermouth, kottom mouth kings, sublime, and some others... Lately i've been into rap, well since i was robbed in CA, the took most of my beat, so now when im down there i bump as hard as possible, just to **** people off, and for a back massage.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:02 PM

Most of the time I'm listening to most of WildmaN's list there (its a good list). But I mix it up with a bit of everything...even country thanks to my wife

When I'm in the car I tend to listen to more so Rap and music deeper with the bass. Not so much at home though cause my computer is my only music player and the speakers suck Right now Back in Black is playing on my computer and I've got Sublime compilation CD in the car (thank you limewire).
Old 09-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Doesn't post much...

Well, Here's a sampling of what's in my play list right now...
2 Live Crew, 3 Doors Down, 3D, 2020, A Flock of Seagulls, A Ha, A Split Second, ABC, Adam Ant, Adema, Aerosmith, After The Fire, Alice In Chains, Allison Moyet, Alphaville, Altered Images, Animotion, Arcadia, Art of Noise, Assemblage 23, Audioslave, B-52's, B Movie, Bananarama, Bauhaus, Beastie Boys, Beck, Berlin, Big Audio Dynamite, Big Country, Big Pig, Bill Nelson, Bill Withers, Billy Idol, Black Crows, Black Flag, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Blancmange, Blink, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult (Need more cowbell!!!), Bob Mould, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Book of Love, Bowling for Soup, Bronski Beat, Bruce Springstein, Bryan Adams, Bush, Cabaret Voltaire, Camouflage, Camper Van Beethoven, Candlebox, CCR, Celebrate the Nunn, Chavelle, Cheap Trick, China Crisis, Cindarella, Cindy Lauper, Clannad, Clocks, Colin Hay, Collective Soul, Concrete Blonde, Corey Hart, Cracker, Creed, Crowded House, Culture Club, Daniel Ash, Danse Society, Dave Edmunds, David Bowie, Dead Kennedy's, Dead or Alive, Deathcab for Cutie, Def Leppard, Depeche Mode, Devo, Dido, Dire Straits, Disturbed, Divynls, Dramarama, Drowning Pool, Duran Duran, Earth Wind and Fire, EBN OZN, Echo and the Bunnymen, Eddie Grant, Edwin McCain, ELO, Elvis Costello, Eminem, Enya, Erasure, Eric Clapton, Eurythmics, Evanescence, Fad Gadget, Faith No More, Falco, Fastball, Felony, Figures on a Beach, Filter, Finger 11, Fiona Apple, Flash and the Pan, Fleetwood Mac, Flesh for Lulu, Foghat, Foo Fighters, Foreigner, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Franz Ferdinand, Freur, Frida, Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Gang of Four, Garbage, Gary Myrick, Gary Numan, Gene Loves Jezebel, Genesis, Gerry Rafferty, Gin Blossoms, Godsmack, Golden Earing, Good Charlotte, GooGoo Dolls, Grand Master Flash, Great White, Green Day, Guns 'n' Roses, Haircut 100, Harry Chapin, Heart, Heaven 17, Hipsway, Hoobastank, Hoodoo Guru's, House of Pain, Howard Devoto, Howard Jones, Human Drama, Human League, Husker Du, IceHouse, Icicle Works, Incubus, Information Society, INXS, Iron Maiden, Isaac Hays, Jackson Browne, James, Janes Addiction, Japan, Jesus and Mary Chain, Jethro Tull, Jim Croce, Jimmy Eat World, Joan Armatrading, Joan Jett, Joboxers, Joe Jackson, John Cougar, Jon Waite, Journey, Joy Division, Judas Priest, Julian Cope, Kajagoogoo, Kansas, Kate Bush, Killing Joke, Kim Wilde, Kix, KMFDM, Kool and the Gang, Korn, L.A. Guns, Laid Back, Led Zepplin, Leisure Process, Lena Lovich, Let's Active, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Living Color, Lone Justice, Lords of the New Church, Love and Rockets, Love Spit Love, Loverboy, Lynard Skynard, Madness, Madonna, Manufacture, Marshall Crenshaw, Martha and the Muffins, Martin Gore, Marvin Gaye, Matchbox 20, Maurice and the Cliches, Mazzy Star, MC Hammer, Megadeth, Men at Work, Men Without Hats, Mental as Anything, Metallica, Michael Jackson, Midge Ure, Midnight Oil, Ministry, Missing Persons, Moby, Modern English, Morris Day and the Time, Motley Crue, Mr. Mister, Naked Eyes, Nazareth, New Order, Nickleback, Nightranger, Nine Inch Nails, Nitzer Ebb, No Doubt, Norah Jones, OMD, Oasis, Offspring, Oingo Boingo, Our Lady Peace, Outkast, Pantera, Papa Roach, Pat Benatar, Pat Travers, Paul Hardcastle, Paul Young, Payolas, Pearl Jam, Pet Shop Boys, Pete Shelly, Peter Godwin, Peter Murphy, Peter Schilling, Pink Floyd, Plimsouls, Poison, Power Station, Primal Scream, Prince, Prodigy, Pseudo Echo, Psychedelic Furs, Puddle of Mud, Q Feel, Queen, Queensryche, REM, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Ramstein, Ratt, Real Life, Recoil, Red Flag, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Red Rider, Red Rockers, Re-Flex, Reo Speedwagon, Republica, Rick James, Robert Hazard, Robert Palmer, Rockwell, Rod Stewart, Roman Holliday, Romeo Void, Ronnie James Dio, Roxette, Roxy Music, Run DMC, Rush, Saga, Saliva, Sammy Hagar, Santana, Sara McGlachlan, Scandal, Scorpions, Seven Mary Three, Sex Pistols, Shriekback, Simple Minds, Sinead O'Connor, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Skid Row, Skinny Puppy, Slaughter, Sly and the Family Stone, Social Distortion, Soft Cell, Sophie B Hawkins, Soul Assylum, SoundGarden, Soup Dragons, Spandau Ballet, Sparks, Specimen, Split Enz, Squeeze, Stabbing Westward, Staind, Steely Dan, Stephen Duffy, Stone Temple Pilots, Styx, Suicidal Tendancies, Supertramp, System of a Down, Talk Talk, Talking Heads, Tears for Fears, Ted Nugent, Television, Temple of the Dog, Tesla, The Alarm, The Bangles, The Bolshoi, The Bongos, The Call, The Carpenters, The Cars, The Clash, The Commodores, The Cranberries, The Cult, The Cure, The Damned, The Dream Syndicate, The Eagles, The Edge, The English Beat, The Fixx, The Flowerpot Men, The Four Horsemen, The Go Go's, The Godfather's The Killers, The Kinks, The Knack, The Lemonheads, The Members, The Mission UK, The Moody Blues, The Nails, The Northern Pikes, The Outfield, The Polecats, The Police (Sting), The Pretenders, The Ravonette's, The Rolling Stones, The Sisters of Mercy, The Smithereens, The Smiths, The Specials, The Stranglers, The Sugarhill Gang, The Sundays, The Three O'Clock, The Tubes, The Vapors, The Water Boys (World Party), The Who, Third Eye Blind, Thomas Dolby, Thompson Twins, Thrice, Til Tuesday, Tom Petty, Tommy Tutone, Tones on Tail, Tonic, Tool, Tori Amos, Traffic, Trans X, Translator, Trio, TSOL, Type O Negative, U2, Ultravox, Van Halen, Vandals, Vanilla Ice, Velvet Revolver, Vertical Horizon, Verve, Verve Pipe, Victoria Pratt Keating, Violent Femmes, Visage, VNV Nation, Wall of VooDoo, **** Chung, Warrant, WASP, When in Rome, White Lion, White Zombie, Whitesnake, Wild Cherry, Will Smith, Wire, Wire Train, XTC, Yello, Young MC, ZZ top.

Just to name a few.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
dawg--how do you remember all those names???? i left out more than half of my faves--but everyone else keeps mentioning some of those i leave out!!! right now i'm listening to kjzz88.1, out of LA--bestest of the blues on radio--not incl. sat. radio--i don't have that--costs money.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Über User

copy past his library probably. lol. flock of seagulls eh. i read that and thought of the wedding singer at the end when he is buying a plane ticket adn the dude with the wierdo hair asks, do you listen to flock of seagulls. since that day i jsut assumed tehy were bad lol
Old 09-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Sept Z of the month

Holy hell!! Thats alot of bands!
Old 09-17-2006, 03:39 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

good list rod. i would have to agree with the majority of it. and my library has at least a few songs from aprox. 90% of the bands you listed. and i totally left the 80s out of my list. 80s music is great, oingo boingo is one of my all time favorites, and danny elfman went on to do some amazing movie soundtracks (beetlejuice is my favorite).
Old 09-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
lol. flock of seagulls eh. i read that and thought of the wedding singer at the end when he is buying a plane ticket adn the dude with the wierdo hair asks, do you listen to flock of seagulls. since that day i jsut assumed tehy were bad lol
Dude! DO NOT Bag on A Flock Of Seagulls! I have spent the last 24 years trying to convince people who have never even listened to their music that they do not suck. They were victimized by a bunch of idiots who discredited their music just because for a brief period of time, their lead singer had a funny haircut. The fact is, they flat out kick *** and are one of the most influencial bands of the 80's. Many of today's hottest bands (Korn, The Killers, Linkin Park and others) list them as one of their main influences.

They were also mislabled as a "Techno Pop" band when in fact they were a guitar based band that happened to use some keyboards too. Paul Reynolds is reknowned in the guitar community for his contribution to expanding the role of the electric guitar in modern music.

If you want some MP3 examples of their "Good" stuff, let me know and I'll send them your way.

Rod.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:35 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

ill 2nd rod on that.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Über User

haha. take it easy. i shouldnt have stated i thought they were bad. more like...strange, so i never was turrned on to the idea of listeneing. if you want you can send me some music i wouldnt mind hearing. but i love wedding singer. for some reason. adam sandler fan i guess. that was just a funny part. and i didnt bag on them. just stated a movie seen. i never said they suck or play bad music. but shoudlnt have said i assumed they werent good cuase of the movie either. more or less just strange or something. cuase they didnt even say anything about the music in the movie. but i would most definatly be interested in hearing a song or two of your choice if ya want to blast one my way.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Dude! DO NOT Bag on A Flock Of Seagulls! I have spent the last 24 years trying to convince people who have never even listened to their music that they do not suck. They were victimized by a bunch of idiots who discredited their music just because for a brief period of time, their lead singer had a funny haircut. The fact is, they flat out kick *** and are one of the most influencial bands of the 80's. Many of today's hottest bands (Korn, The Killers, Linkin Park and others) list them as one of their main influences.

They were also mislabled as a "Techno Pop" band when in fact they were a guitar based band that happened to use some keyboards too. Paul Reynolds is reknowned in the guitar community for his contribution to expanding the role of the electric guitar in modern music.

If you want some MP3 examples of their "Good" stuff, let me know and I'll send them your way.

Rod.

Ok well you've got me downloading some Flock of Seagulls now...but MC Hammer bro????

(and anyone who has played Vice City has heard Flock of Seagulls )

Last edited by jfairladyz; 09-17-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Über User

really^^^ i used to play that all the time. hmm.... my ps2 doesnt read discs anymore though.....darn guess i got to get ps3. damn, that is soo horrible.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Currently in the 280 . .

Zion i
Drunken tiger
Lupe fiasco
Journey-best of
Island mix slack key guitar
late 80's early 90's break beats mix
Lee Ssann
Old 09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Ok well you've got me downloading some Flock of Seagulls now...but MC Hammer bro????

(and anyone who has played Vice City has heard Flock of Seagulls )
Good luck finding anything good from AFOS on Limewire... You'll mostly find the average singles. PM me your email address and I'll "yousendit" you some better stuff.

Rod.

(yousendit is an email client that allows you to send and recieve large files for free. www.yousendit.com )

P.S.
That list is just what is currently in my playlist! I listen to many more bands that aren't in that list!!! I am a serious music nerd.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
really^^^ i used to play that all the time. hmm.... my ps2 doesnt read discs anymore though.....darn guess i got to get ps3. damn, that is soo horrible.
My sons has been taking a gradual downhill slope with Disc Read Errors. It finally got to the point where no matter what I put in would result in a DRE. I finally cracked it open last night cleaned up the lense and adjusted the lens angle and now it loads DVD's before the browser screen even comes up and it loads all but his Power Rangers games (blue CD games). It never has loaded those games. They've worked a couple times since we bought them When I'm not feeling so lazy I might try adjusting the voltage to see if that is the problem. But for now everything else is working again so I'm gonna leave it be.

Rod, I'm gonna PM you cause like you said, Limewire was a dead end. The songs I did try to download would download dispite having numerous sources.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Über User

I said i need ps3.....actually i want to play GT4 so i need to try and clean the lense.. i think ill get that dust blaster from office max try jsut blowing it forst. im worried if i crack it open or get near a lense something will happen.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

ok, i have one small problem with your taste in music guys.
How can you listen to such a variety of music and still not like metallica past the black album? it confounds the mind. Granted, it's different from their previous albums, but do actually expect any band to just sound the same album after album and continue to be successful. Maybe it's just me, i'm a huge Metallica fan and i'm being biased. There isn't too much that they've recorded that I don't like.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:04 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
ok, i have one small problem with your taste in music guys.
How can you listen to such a variety of music and still not like metallica past the black album? it confounds the mind. Granted, it's different from their previous albums, but do actually expect any band to just sound the same album after album and continue to be successful. Maybe it's just me, i'm a huge Metallica fan and i'm being biased. There isn't too much that they've recorded that I don't like.
I give you credit for sticking with them bro'. But after Metallica changed, many bands fell because of it. And I lost a lot of respect for them. It's just not the cutting of hair either. It just seems after they changed their image, they were an entirely different band. With the bubbly guitars, and a little twang, that I didn't take well. The fact I don't much care for country could be the main thing. And then what about that album St. Anger? I am sorry to say this, but it was horrible. Sounded like Lars was banging on trash cans, and the band got more whiney to me. And they seemed off-time, I was dissapointed. The only smart move they have made was releasing S & M with the orchestra. And maybe Garage INC., just because Garage Days was on there. The Black album was a little waterdowned for me. But I embraced it, and still do like it. But my favorite album will always be Ride The Lightning. And their peak was And Justice For All. The other mistake they made, was whining about Napster. Which a lot of metal bands lost respect for Metallica also.

As of now, I think Megadeth kicks their tail all over. They only made one crappy album in my opinion. Which was RISK, they learned their lesson, and stuck with what they are. And also Iron Maiden, have always stuck to their guns also. I am a true Metal Head at heart, and Metallica, just doesn't do it for me anymore. I mean I worshipped them when I was a teenager. But my mind was opened, and I explored different kinds of rock. Like Rush, Led Zeppelin and such. With Dream Theater, Fates Warning etc...

All just opinion bro', don't take it offensively. But you wanted an explanation, this is mine.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Über User

i used to like metallica, then they got all bitchy and snobby, and cried about the internet. and they should learn to live with it. it sucks sure but they were hella gay about it.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:25 PM

South Park Rules

Seriously, I could care less what Metallica does with their hair or their extra time. If they want to believe that Napster was the cause of their decreased album sales then thats just something they're going to have to live with

If it sounds good to me then it'll get added to my playlist. Its as simple as that. i dont care who sings it or what era or genre it comes from. I've got new and old Metallica. It's sandwhiched between my Michael Jackson and Linkin Park
Old 09-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Über User

hmm...pink floyd.i dont remember reading that. or smashing pumpkins. my all time fav, and i they may be getting back together. i think they played together just a month ago after years. new songs or something to.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Bad Speller

I'll Listen to anithign thast sounds good. I pretty much prefer Linkin Park, Saliva, Evanesence, Fall out Boy, Thrice, HOwthorne Heights, Atreyu, and some other stuff. there is one song in particualr that I love tho. Barenaked LAdies - "One Week" best song ever. ha ha I also LIsten to some JDM stuff (BOA, MOrning Musume, Utada Hikaru and what not) some Korean FOB girl got me into it its actually kind of relaxing if oyu listen to it. MOrning Musume is just straight FOBness tho that is liek supper happy JDM dancing =D ppl look at me all weird when I bump that on the S13. Initial D music is pretty coo too. BEnny Banassi is good as well. I love House, Trance and Techno as well. JDM Techno is cool too.

Quick Reply: Music, whats your fave??