The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

It's almost done

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Loves Going Topless

It's almost done

Hope it won't be much longer before it's finished. So what does everyone think???
Old 07-13-2004, 10:28 AM
VIVA LA Z31!

looks good. is that jdm front fascia? What have you/are you doing?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Loves Going Topless

Mainly just trying to get it to look right again. Before I got it 4 years ago it had been painted by maaco, the receipts were still in the car they paid $1400 for a mess, 6 months after I got it the paint looked like someone was rubbing sandpaper all over it, first thought it was the chemicals at my wash. last year I began collecting parts when I had everything in we stripped it totaly doors off hood trunk everything. It has been taken back to the original Cherry Red Pearl finish and had the 99 fascia added, the tails and center changed to 99 and added the HID headlamps. No other mods at this point, sort of run out of budget for now. Will need to do some mechanical later.
Thanks to Speedzx who inspired me to do it and GodZilla(StrictlyZ) for getting the parts for me and bearing with me on the endless questions and phone calls.
Was just in San Jose and San Fransisco, saw a beautiful Cobalt Green TT vert that had just been finished at Strictly and the Zgarage, made my mouth water. Since Nissan is coming out with a True Yellow 350Z for 05 I will have to hold off doing anything else till I see the yellow one. I've told them for the last year "if they build it in yellow I'll buy one". If it's the right yellow "Lotus Safron Yellow" I'll have to back up my word. Our local dealer will have a yellow Roadster in this September. I won't sell the vert if I buy a new one.

Last edited by tnkrstoyco; 07-13-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Dan's the Man

Very nice vert. First time I've seen the JDM front facia on a convertible. Looks great.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:58 PM

That's one fine looking VERT, great job. That's the same body mods I've been wanting to do to my VERT. My money ran out after supension and engine mods, body and paint still great on mine, so no hurry to start. Mine is white-pearl I hear it's a cool couple-three K for that paint job. You gotta love going topless.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:51 AM
Loves Going Topless

Yea I love going topless, but I'm so fat these days my wife makes me wear a shirt. Oh, you mean the car, yeah I love it. I had to start with the body everything else is in good shape, although will have to do some other work a little later. Re-build the budget. I'll have $4500 in the paint and body, one reason was the fact some d.a. had it painted at MAACO that word sucks and we had to go the extra mile to straighten it out. Also my dad backed his Tahoe over the front and dented the LF fender a little. Tahoe has a bigger dent than the 300. I bought the front a couple months before the price dropped, so have about $2800 in parts total. The only problem we ran into was on the front. You have to find a dual filament socket to fit the corners, it comes with a single filament type socket. All the sales adds say wiring mod required so you are left hanging on it. TT net has an artical about modding a ford socket, we used a standard motormite #85830 for GM. $16 at Autozone w/ new bulbs. Changed the bulbs to clear 1157LL, may have to change back to amber. Strictly Z will include the socket set with their front kits from now on. I worked close with GodZilla on this, as close as a phone call from Arkansas to California can get you and went to visit him at his shop in San Jose.
We didn't shave the front plate mount and did a "Fairlady Z" plate for it, but it hangs to far into the intake. The new plate will be the same only the exact size of the front mount. Body color w/ silver lettering to match the "Fairlady Z" on the back lite strip.
I'm like a kid in a candy store about this project, and at my age that's something. Sorry for getting so carried away.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:07 AM

I understand what you feel, the Z has an addiction associated with it.