The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Beer... What do you drink?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Beer... What do you drink?

I am what I would like to consider a beer connoisseur.
I like to go out and buy a new beer just to try it. There is a local place I like to go that has a huge selection of different ales, stouts, ciders, pilsners, hefeweissen, and everything else out there.

There are a few that I really enjoy.

One is more of an Maibock.
Called Dead Guy Ale. From Rogue brewery in Oregon.
http://www.rogue.com/beers/dead-guy-ale.php

I also love my Guinness, and Mackeson Triple Stout.

If I am buying something common at a bar I will go with a Heineken often. Just because it's always there.

I am not a fan of 90% of American Pilsners. Bud, Coors etc.
That's just me. I like something with flavor.

But, I want to know what the Z community drinks.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

i love my corona and bud select. speaking of beers i went to the store and saw corona in a can i said WTF...i much prefer my beer in bottles or mugs
Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Wow! I have not seen that. Weird.. In a can eh?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 PM

I used to like Killians Irish Red, but it seems different now. I dont know if my tastes have changed or what. but that is what i would go with.

Also on rare occasions i have been known to drink Jap beer. If i knew how to spell it i would give you the name.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Stupid Hurricanes...

lol see
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
Also on rare occasions i have been known to drink Jap beer. If i knew how to spell it i would give you the name.

could it be sapporo?? there are some goood rice based beer---i donot remember all the others...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:23 PM
caught the z fever

anything bells. like right now. im enjoying some bell's third coast ale
Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Dunkin' Donutz

I personally like dark beer..my favorite is Newcastle Brown (English). I am new to trying beers ( I am a wine drinker, red mostly) but so far I have tried Guinness, Sam Adams. When I went to Sea World, I think, there is a Budweiser section for adults only and they let you try any three custom beers they have out there. I though they were pretty okay, I agree I am not a big fan of most American beers.
Also do you guys have a restaurant called BJ's? they have there own brewery and I like there Nutty Brunetty.
Yesterday I tried Indain beer called King Fisher pretty okay I would say...anyone out there know a great Dark beer ?
Old 11-22-2008, 09:47 PM

Bells, someone knows what that is, thats awesome!!! I'm originally from kalamazoo MI. born and brewed, baby! New castle is tasty, tasty. Dark beers are where its at. Nothing like a shot of yeager and a tall Guiness. Chimaney(sp?) ale is good a real dark belgium, I think its 9% by vol. Fat tire, and sammy adams are easy to get and fairly cheap. Summer in Tx suck, cause the dark stuff is to heavy, so I usally switch over to Blue moon, well need another thread to discuss the light stuff.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by z-hag

could it be sapporo?? there are some goood rice based beer---i donot remember all the others...

I believe it started with an A, like Asahi or something like that. i always forget to look at the name, unless i look at it after i have had a couple then i just dont remember LOL
Old 11-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Dunkin' Donutz

you are correct it could be Asahi...here is the wiki for all the japanese beers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_beer
Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 AM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by straight hate
Bells, someone knows what that is, thats awesome!!! I'm originally from kalamazoo MI. born and brewed, baby! New castle is tasty, tasty. Dark beers are where its at. Nothing like a shot of yeager and a tall Guiness. Chimaney(sp?) ale is good a real dark belgium, I think its 9% by vol. Fat tire, and sammy adams are easy to get and fairly cheap. Summer in Tx suck, cause the dark stuff is to heavy, so I usally switch over to Blue moon, well need another thread to discuss the light stuff.
my roomate is from the zoo as well.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 AM
w0rld's l0ngest m0t0rswap

Busch Light!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Über User

typical poor college kid ^^^^ and hopefully totally BS'ing busch is aweful, yuck! michelob ultra is decent, blue moon is good, and there a chicago beer i like goose island but a specific one i like the 312 brew.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by njgheewala
you are correct it could be Asahi...here is the wiki for all the japanese beers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_beer
Thank you for that link. now i have a list of beers to find and try LOL
And yes it was Asahi Black. i just went to the liquor store and checked haha
Old 11-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Corona here...
Old 11-23-2008, 04:05 PM

Generally when I drink beer it's either Red Stripe, Dos Equis (SL), Negro Modelo, or something of the likes. My girl LOVES fat tire.

I have to say that I personally don't understand what the obsession seems to be with Corona. I don't know, I guess it's just an acquired taste that even after hundreds of corona's I still haven't ever caught on to. I personally would rather have a Tecate with a little salt than a Corona.

Just my .02 of course..
Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 PM

Anyone ever try Magic Hat? I think it is brewed in the North East somewhere. We only get it in this area in the fall. They have 4 different brews. One is better than the other - goood stuff. This beer is the only thing I like about the fall season.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Über User

corona is good, its a Mexican style cerveza "beer" they all taste like that for the most part, i like it its good. but i don't drink it to get drunk it ****s with me bad, great for drinking for a buzz and on the beach tastes good, but if my plan is to get drunk i wont be using that as the means lol.

oh and firm, those 3 beers you like are probably the sickest **** i have ever had and many will agree with me, lol, not like its a problem lol, thats just really weird.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:46 PM
caught the z fever

dos is a pretty good beer. ill usually order that if the place doesnt have anything heavier
Old 11-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Dunkin' Donutz

Last night I tried some Mexican beer at my friends place, I think it was called Carta Blanca. It was pretty alright but not flavorful...I think this is common among all Mexican beer?
Also try beer from Alaskan Amber, once again was ok not that great.
Anyone? any other beer that is good and flavorful?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:36 PM

^^^^ Magic hat
Old 11-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
heck with beer---aged dark caribean rum.....goooood stuff and smooooth.....
Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Some good responses. There are a few I will have to seek out and try.
For "Mexican" beer, I like Negra Modello.
Corona is alright, but I figure if you have to put lime in your beer, then it must have been missing something. haha

The reality is that most Mexican Beer is German in recipe.

German immirgrants and influence through breif rulling of the country of Mexico in the middle of the 19th century started major brewing in Mexico. Mexico spent 4 years under an Austrian Emperor Maximilian. He never traveled without his brewmasters who were German. Through them Dos Equis, and Negra Modelo were created. Both Vienna style Lagers.
The Mexican Viennas are fuller bodied with more malty sweetness and character than the pale pilsners. Not as heavy as a normal British Ale. Makes them more refreshing, and easier to drink on a hot day.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:49 PM

i like to drink any cold beer except light idk it feels funny in my hand maybe because i need a real beer. now Heineken thats a beer.

or any free beer is a good beer.

Quick Reply: Beer... What do you drink?