The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Act of Pergury For a Z31

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:17 PM

Act of Pergury For a Z31

My Z has no title. i bought my 86 turbo for 700 cash. no papers, but it runs and drives just fine.

hasnt been registered in years is my guess. so if i send a request for a duplicate title to the CA dmv(the last state the title was registered under), will they get me if i wasnt the last registered owner? what are other ways for me to claim the car (salvage or restoration title)?

should i just send in the paperworks and see what happens?

any info would help!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:19 PM

I would do a vin check to make sure it's not stolen. If all is good then you could file for abandonment as a last resort. They should be able to help you with a salvage title, there is actually a company that can produce a title for your car if it doesn't have liens or is stolen.

http://www.broadwaytitle.com/
Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM

yeah

the vin is clear, it was last registered in WA in 2008.

i do not have a properly filled bill of sale (it was 22 degrees F and 10pm), he didnt leave his adress but only a DL#. And the the seller wasnt the Title holder anyway. He was supposed to recieve the title from Cliff, but the same thing thats happening to me happened to him, Cliff (the owner) is MIA as with the title, which from Cliff's cousin i heard was "on its way from the DMV".

So all i have is this 300ZX Turbo, with a clean VIN and no title, no papers, nothin.

Cliff is supposedly out of the country for a year, but ive never had any contact with him at all... would it be stupid to wait? or should i try and get this ball rollin?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 PM
West Coast!

wait on it. what if you can't get the title then you did all this work and spent all this time for nothing just to part out?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:08 PM

im taking it to justice court. seeking ownership.