The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

*sigh* I await to get Thrashed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:59 PM

Unhappy *sigh* I await to get Thrashed

Hia Folks. I'm new to Zdriver. Great forum, I'm impressed. Makes me jealous....as I don't actually own a Z...makes me sad. I'm 17 and been trying to get my rents to buy me one. My older brother owns an '83 240ZX (Or is it 280...I can't remember) and he's trying to sell it to me. My dad thinks it's fine..I just gotta get him to come down on my price. But my mom is saying the car is too dangerous...that she doesn't want me driving a sports car. I keep telling her that a ZX is a great car, that for a sporty car it's safer than a lot of things people are driving now! The '83 ZX has a sturdier frame than the tub I'm driving now...'94 Taurus. (3.8L V6 auto, Transmission is dying...and will soon become the epitome of Ford's Nickname "Found on road dead") and I want to buy my brother's ZX which he's selling. It's got Traction Assist, boiler exaust, t-top, new headers (I think), he just redid the interior...and it's red. I WANT IT SO BAD!! and my mom needs convincing that she wants to get that car for me......any ideas on how to go about obtaining my newest dream of owning a kick-A car like a ZX?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:14 PM

I hate to bust your bubble but the 280zx isn't the safest car when it comes to a collision or rollover. It's not a deathtrap either though. But I'd be willing to bet your Taurus is a safer ride. But if you want fun then a Z is the ticket.

Tell your mom that the Z has both great handling and great braking which add up to a car that is safer to drive and means it's easier to avoid an accident in the first place. You can also inform her that it's not really a sports car. It's more of a GT (grand touring) car. It's sporty car, but not a sports car. As far as traction assist though, the 280zx never came with traction assist (control). LSD's are available as swaps, but that's about it. You can also let her know that maintanence parts are easy to find and cheap to buy. It runs off of 87octane, which is a plus now days. But most importantly, tell your mom that the Taurus is cramping your sex life and that the Z will free that right up

I hope you get the car though cause they are great to own and drive. Is it a 2 seater or 2+2? Oh, and it's a 280ZX

Last edited by jfairladyz; 05-25-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Big Poppa

maybe h means sx, hhehehehe. welcome and good luck, tell her if your bro has it now why cant you, it musta been safe enough for him, why not you.