FS: 300ZX (84-89) Z31 Cars & Parts

1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo - All Original 70,xxx miles

Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM

1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo - All Original 70,xxx miles

1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo - All Original - Low Mile Classic

See link above for pics.

- First off this is the GLL model, 5-Speed, fully loaded,digital dash, digital climate control, adjustable suspension, 12 way electric power and air power drivers seat, and an infinite amount of other options with everything from factory fog lights to perfectly seated T-Tops, to the louvers in the back, etc etc etc. I could type this ad all day, you will just have to come take a look so I can show you.

-Next, the low miles and the backup to prove it. The car has only 70k on the clock, that's original miles, never rebuilt, never molested, never abused, always garaged, never has seen snow and rarely rain. I have a 3" thick folder of comprehensive documentation dating all the way back to 1985 covering every service, every part, every oil change, EVERYTHING. You even get a free carfax to go with this folder because I said so.

-That brings us to service. *heavy breathing.... Regular oil changes at 3000 miles on the dot, sometimes before. Timing belt, water pump, and thermostat at 60k miles (see documentation above). Clutch and transmission perform flawlessly, clutch was replaced with a new OEM Nissan clutch plate, throwout bearing, and flywheel in late 2001. Grabs great, good throw, plenty of life left, you can feel it for yourself. Your worrying is over. Every other regular maintenance item was replaced as necessary including tire rotations, brake service, fluids flushes, you name it, it has been performed and documented in my folder of awesomeness. Tires have loads of life left on them, and the inspection is good till Aug 2014. Please don't ask if it's inspected on the phone....

-Runs fantastic, no leaks, no smoking, no burning or loss of oil, no ticks or knocking, just an absolute beauty of a VG30ET V6 Turbo motor. Buttery smooth, always starts right up, never leaves you stranded. It's 200HP of some of the best engineering I have seen with all the vehicles I have owned in the past. Turbo spools clean, no bearing noise or blowby. Remember, everything is factory, never changed, never modified. The Z makes the power it was specifically designed to make. Just a well cared for powerplant goes a long way. I have given many ****s about this car through the years and it has given much more in return.

-Now on to aesthetic care. My Z has an all original paint and clear coat from 1985. Glosses up beautifully with a fresh waxing. Yes there might be a scratch or chip here and there, but this was no garage queen, when it was driven it was usually a weekend at a time and enjoyed none the less. Body lines are smooth and door / fender gaps are precise and correct. There is only one spot of rust by the lower passenger fender and it is a bubble chip. It's Craiglist, lets be honest here so there are no surprises.

-Interior is a beautiful Tan leather seating entourage with matching leather trim in the doors. No cracking on the dash, all illumination works, stereo functions as it should, every button and switch works, every last detail has been gone over and functions wonderfully. The adjustable suspension switch clicks gleefully into the setting of choice, the flip up headlamps greet you with the whirr of an electric motor, the voice intercom system will remind the occupants of open doors or headlights left on, the t-tops have their original Nissan leather storage sleeves in the trunk for those sunny days. Inflatable spare and toolkit also reside in the truck ready to go, never been used. Power antannae, power locks, power everything down to the defrost mirrors, headlamp pissers, etc etc etc etc. I can't even begin to speak of how advanced this car was and still is for it's & our time. You just have to see it to understand the amount of technology Nissan poured into their flagship model.

-Finally the easily forgotten essentials. With this car you get: Full documentation, 3 sets of keys, owners manual, owners quick reference card, service manual, spare parts boxes, my trust. That being said I will not sell it to some punk kid who wants to race around and install every automotive accessory from pepboys into their car. This is an enthusiasts dream, a true Japanese sports car, some of the last of it's breed and sporting pedigree. What I would really like to happen is it go to a passionate private party or collector. The value of this car increases slightly every year as more and more of them become blat black nightmares or rubber banded around large trees. I want the next owner to love this car as much as I did. This is a girl that needs a good home.