350Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis for the 350Z

Fed Up!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 11:15 AM

Angry Fed Up!

I have now had six sets of front tires on my 350Z. Each set lasted about 5000 miles before developing tire roar. I have gotten no satisfaction from the dealer or Nissan. My car is now parked 1 block from the dealership with yellow baloons tied to the mirrors and rear wiper blade. Also with signs which state that it is a lemon !
Old 05-07-2005, 12:49 PM

Nice one! Hopefully they will get the point.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:09 PM
General Z User

Question What about Tires?

What kind of tires are they? Have you replaced each set with the same type? Maybe it's the tires not the car. I had a set of 350z 17's on my z32 with the factory rubber, Bridgstone RE040. When I got the tires they were relativaly new ~1.5k miles, after I put a few more k on them they got noisy as hell. I just put on a set of G35SC 17's same size wheel/tire combo as the 350z but the tires are Bridgstone RE92A, these tire have about the same milage/whare as the 350z tires I just took off, but they are MUCH quieter. If you have factory rubber on there, Bridgstone RE040, maybe you should try a different brand or model.

Peace
Old 05-07-2005, 05:06 PM

Barry, It's not the tires it's the front end set up. I've been told by inside people at Nissan. There is no solution. Check out the classs action suit @ www.nissantireproblems.com

Peace
Old 05-08-2005, 06:13 AM

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. Did you have any plans to put different rims and tires on? I had my alignment taken care of and then put new rims and tires on. I haven't had any problems since doing that.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by cybercath
Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. Did you have any plans to put different rims and tires on? I had my alignment taken care of and then put new rims and tires on. I haven't had any problems since doing that.
Cathy, Thanks for the comment. I feel when I am sold an automobile that has problems it is the responsibility of the company to find the solution and rectify the problem at their expense. I am a realtor and I am held to a high ethical standard. If I sell someone a home knowing it has a problem and I don't disclose that problem I have done wrong. I can lose my license for such an act. Nissan sold me an automobile with full knowledge it had tire wear problems. They withheld a material fact from me. Had I known the car had this problem I would not have made the purchase. Nissan still markets 350z's and continues to withhold the truth from the consumer. In your case just give it a few thousand mile more and see what happens. I have been there and done that ! Thanks
Old 05-08-2005, 10:41 AM

actually it is almost like buyer beware. Its like when chevy had there 83 to 87 chevy pick up they knew the gas tank would burst open during a side inpact, but did they tell anyone nooooooo. So they just make us the consumer have to research a vehicle before buying it.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by michael_pro
Cathy, Thanks for the comment. I feel when I am sold an automobile that has problems it is the responsibility of the company to find the solution and rectify the problem at their expense. I am a realtor and I am held to a high ethical standard. If I sell someone a home knowing it has a problem and I don't disclose that problem I have done wrong. I can lose my license for such an act. Nissan sold me an automobile with full knowledge it had tire wear problems. They withheld a material fact from me. Had I known the car had this problem I would not have made the purchase. Nissan still markets 350z's and continues to withhold the truth from the consumer. In your case just give it a few thousand mile more and see what happens. I have been there and done that ! Thanks
Believe me...I'm with you 100%. Nissan should be held liable. I made the decision to purchase new rims and tires because I show my car. I've put about 10,000 miles on them and I haven't experienced any problems (fingers crossed...big time). I hope things work out for you!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:53 PM

I've got an '03 also, first set of tires lasted about 25k. Had a lot of inside wear on the fronts, took it to the dealer, my new tires (which I bought and are new wheels) are wearing perfectly even. I think it is something most dealers can't fix, but some can. Who knows.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:45 PM

If these are 2003 models there is tons of infor about tire feathering problems. These probles should be fixed by Nissan. Tell your dealer this is a defect Nissan has acknowledged and that you are entitled to a new set of tires on a comp basis. I believe there is a TSB ( Tech bulletin ) that has been published. A quick search of this or any Z related site should give you the info you need. Good luck.