300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

yooo!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 AM

yooo!

im new to the zs and i was wondering
is there any difference between a reg 2 seater z and 2+2 z
because im haveing a hard time deciding.
but if there aint that big of a difference then id perferably get a 2+2 Z
so any info on it would help alot
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

The 2+2 looks like an obese pig of a car, after you've looked at enough of them.

It's 8" longer, the gas door is in the wrong place, the quarter window glass is too big, the hood is too short proportionally to the car's length, etc.

Not to mention, 2+2's didn't come Twin Turbo in the United States, and they're heavier.

The rear seats are also basically useless.

And they cannot run as straight (i.e. as good performing) of an exhaust as the coupes because the fuel tank sits too low in the chassis.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 05-31-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:31 PM

wow thats a **** load of stuff lol enough jsut to make me get reg z if seats are useless lol
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

There's a wonderful comparison pic on the internet, but the hosting site is down at the moment, so I can't post it.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:08 PM

Hey i like my 1993 300zx 2+2 if your a tall person 6 foot plus i would get the 2+2 if i were you. Mine is a non turbo stage 5 intake, headers, test pieps, full ehxuast, ecu.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

One of my friends is 6'8 and fit just fine in his Twin Turbo 2+0. I'm pretty sure there is more legroom in the 2+0 because you don't have the seats behind you...
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 AM

Yeah 2+2s are nice..if you have social life its a nice car to have. And its cheaper on insurance.

2+0s are for when your a old fart
Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
F5 Hero

I wouldn't say the 2 + 2 rear seats are completely useless.... 2 + 2's are better for two things... A. Long road trips (you can recline the seats all the way back, making it a much nicer nap when you pull over to take a nap from driving) OR B. If you enjoy the company of ladies (for the same reason as napping, seats recline further hehehehehe).

But no seriously, the seats aren't completely useless, only about 90% useless, if someone needs a ride bad enough they'll make themselves fit.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by napoleonzheking
I wouldn't say the 2 + 2 rear seats are completely useless.... 2 + 2's are better for two things... A. Long road trips (you can recline the seats all the way back, making it a much nicer nap when you pull over to take a nap from driving) OR B. If you enjoy the company of ladies (for the same reason as napping, seats recline further hehehehehe).

But no seriously, the seats aren't completely useless, only about 90% useless, if someone needs a ride bad enough they'll make themselves fit.

LOL, nice. But seriously I'm 21 so my friends aren't that big..and they are mostly fit ladies. The depth of the bucket seats (i find) kinda compensates for the lessened leg room.

I like the look of my 2+2, to each their own i guess...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Tough Guy

I like my 2+2 but id rather have the 2 seater.

I wouldnt call it a pig, im pretty happy with it.

The seats are pretty useless though.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
The 2+2 looks like an obese pig of a car, after you've looked at enough of them.
That's just mean.

Nissan did end up going with the 2+2 dimensions on their race cars for more stability.

The back seats are handy to put stuff on long trips and they are just fine for small children and petite sexy women. Plus more than a few men have gotten married had kids and have had to sell their 2 seat sports car to buy a minivan. I just stick the kids in the back of the Z.

If you want a 2+2 TT then you can always convert one.