300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Read Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 AM

Read Me!!!

I need your help guys...

That silly Vampire movie came out tonight at midnight, and already being in the doghouse, i decided to take the gf to see it...
I knew this was a bad idea, bc while i was in the movie theater some jerk tried to steal my 300...(91 z32)
The entire ignition is destroyed...i have no idea what this guy was thinking...but i have i think 6 wires hanging...
two on the right, brown with stripes...
all the ignition wires from the assembly have been cut on the left, and the entire metal cylinder is in the floorboard...
My car is sitting in the parking lot, and im WORRIED SICK.
I know i can take the security sys out down by the ecu, but does anyone know how to start it by hotwiring it, so that i can get it home, and tomorrow go search the junkyard for an ignition?
Im so effin upset, mad, scared, that i cant even type properly. I just need someone to tell me how i can start my car with a destroyed ignition, as my keys are useless...
ANY Ideas???

thanks,

Desperate Guy

Last edited by satnblackz; 11-16-2012 at 02:26 AM. Reason: misspellings, ect
Old 11-16-2012, 02:41 AM

bump, please...
Old 11-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Horsepower Mathematician

That sucks man! I don't know though, why not have it towed or something so you can get it home at least? And I notice you bumped after about 15 minutes, sorry dude it's going to take a little longer than that on this forum to get your info.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 AM

I was up till 4ish, worrying so i bumped my own thread, with hopes that someone was awake...looking for that z32 guru to be wired on Redbull, and magically give me the info...lol
Im headed to the theater now to see what i can do, after reading about hotwiring all night...
Id have it towed, but i am in between checks, and just paid my power bill...
U pull it is next, if i cant hotwire it...i dont steal, but i think theres an ignition on this 2+2 i pulled some trim off of, so ima go beg for it, or summin...
Ill be back with results...
fingers crossed!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 AM

Im going to pull the factory security sys and see if that allows me to hotwire it...
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Ruff Ryder

You have to remove the two shells around the steering column, remove the kick panel, drill out the security screws and remove the entire ignition cylinder. On the back of the ignition switch there is a little plug held in with a philips head screw, remove the screw and pull the plug out and you can twist it with a flat head to operate ignition, accessories...etc. As for the cut wires, try and twist them back together and wrap them in electrical tape. Just hope they didn't rip the wires off that plug.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM

So...i went to the junkyard and found an 88 ignition with a key...
removed the ign and wired the 88 to my cut wires...all colors were the same, everything was the same...and nothing.
no acc, no beeps, no nothing...
i managed to use the 88 key to open my hatch, which turned my alarm off (weird huh?) but still nothing...
both ignitions are exactly the same wire colors...
smdh guys...
any ideas before i have it towed and pay some crazy amount to have it repaired???

Old 11-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Ruff Ryder

Check fuses and fusible links, reset everything by disconnecting the battery. If something like this is over your head I would highly recommend selling it and buying something newer. The maintenance on these cars are not for noobs or the faint of heart.

Last edited by hoov100; 11-16-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 AM

I am many things Hov, but one thing i am not is faint of heart...
I find it rude that you would even suggest that i sell my car...
Noob i may be, but only to the z32...
Ive built countless cars, from shells that nobody else would even touch, and i currently have around 10,000 dollars in parts chilling in my empty bedroom, waiting to find their home somewhere.
I have ordered the ignition off of ebay, and am waiting for it to arrive from Oregon.
As i am in Pcola, we will see how long that takes. I have already checked all fuse-able links, downloaded the FSM, and have discovered that the 88 ignition isnt compatible withe the z32. There are a small number of parts that will crossover, but that is unfortunately, not one of them.
I have resurrected this car from the dead, and have a ton of blood, sweat, dollars and tears in it...so ill be damned if im going to sell it.
Im having it towed to my house today, where its safe, so i will quit losing sleep over it...
Hov, i of all ppl understand what it means to have a bad day.
Please dont ever come at me like that again, my friend.
I am no noob to forums, car building, or lack of vagina.

regards.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by satnblackz
I am many things Hov, but one thing i am not is faint of heart...
I find it rude that you would even suggest that i sell my car...
Noob i may be, but only to the z32...
Ive built countless cars, from shells that nobody else would even touch, and i currently have around 10,000 dollars in parts chilling in my empty bedroom, waiting to find their home somewhere.
I have ordered the ignition off of ebay, and am waiting for it to arrive from Oregon.
As i am in Pcola, we will see how long that takes. I have already checked all fuse-able links, downloaded the FSM, and have discovered that the 88 ignition isnt compatible withe the z32. There are a small number of parts that will crossover, but that is unfortunately, not one of them.
I have resurrected this car from the dead, and have a ton of blood, sweat, dollars and tears in it...so ill be damned if im going to sell it.
Im having it towed to my house today, where its safe, so i will quit losing sleep over it...
Hov, i of all ppl understand what it means to have a bad day.
Please dont ever come at me like that again, my friend.
I am no noob to forums, car building, or lack of vagina.

regards.

If you're not a noob then why are you acting like one and asking such a stupid question? If you had the FSM and any real world car experience you wouldn't need to ask because you would have known where to find the information and know what to do in the first place!

Also don't try and come off as a big shot saying I have thousands of dollars in parts, blood, sweat...etc Nobody really cares and those of us who have actually built cars and not just throw money and parts at them know when the person talking actually has experience and knowledge in the automotive field.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Wow, i must say that frankly my friend, you are a sad little man.
I hope they find a cure for whatever it is that ails you...
I didnt start this thread to have you throw names at me, try to flame me, or receive a lecture about your opinions on my life.

So, lets start over Hov.
Hi, my name is Zach, and i am a tattooer in Pcola FL.
I have been building Honda and Acura for about 8 years.
This is my 2nd 300zx, but my first z32. My other was an 87, N/A.

I was desperate when i originally posted this, thinking there was some magic way to fix my car, so it wouldnt have to sit in the parking lot with all the Twi-Tards...

I know now what i have to do, and the part is en-route as i type this.

Honestly, if you respond poorly to this, and try to flame me, insult my intelligence, or s&%@talk me...im probably going to get banned for the things im going to say to you...Its sad, because all i was asking was for some advice. If all thats on here are dudes like you, i wouldnt really care if i was banned...

What kind of person do you really wanna be dude?
Think about it for a bit, please.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Ill update when i get my new ignition this week, get it installed, and get my car home.

Regards