300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:27 PM

need some help

I dont usually post much but have been around tt.net for awhile so heres my dilema. about 9 day ago me and a friend changed the shocks and spring in my TT. got the oem shocks and eibach prokit. well after 5 days of driving the car, both the antilock and hicas lights came on. I have checked the fluid and the belt and it is good. Took the car to kragen to check to see if its the batt. or the alternator and the guy said that both the batt. and alt. are in good shape. I then did the ecu diagnostic and its giving me the code 55 which means nothings wrong. i am really stumped on whats making that light come on, car runs and drive fine, only thing is that the steering became stiff when the light came on. I even tried reseting the ecu. really need soem help on figuring what wrong with it. Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 08:27 AM

The problems you're having with the HICAS and ABS likely have nothing to do with the work you did on the suspension. If the steering went stiff, then that could be an indication that the power steering pump is going out; which could be why the HICAS light is coming. The ABS isn't connected to that system. How do the brakes feel otherwise? How old is the brake fluid?
Old 02-13-2005, 11:37 AM

the brakes and the brake fluid got changed two days after the the lights came on. should i take it to the dealership to get diagnosed or replace the pump first and if its still showing then take it to the dealership?
Old 02-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

hmm...sounds like a possibly damaged sensor to me.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Jack Of All Trades

maybe you can check the on-line fsm.... but, there are complete diagnostic procedures in my fsm for checking both the abs and hicas systems.

The abs has its own control unit that you can get the error codes from kinda like you get from your ecu.

The hicas control unit has 7 terminals that require various voltage readings. there is a procedure for bleeding the system and....... there is a procedure for getting the system into a diagnostics mode to check the rear steer movement.

It would be a wise investment to buy a fsm and read thru it.......