300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Need Help Buying Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Old Polish Lady Lover

Location: Cheektowaga, NY...land of nothing but a mall and 10,000 old Polish ladies
Need Help Buying Exhaust!

so i'm checking out exhaust piping on ebaymotors, and find downpipes and midpipes sold together, 2.3 inch, stainless, for abotu $160 after shipping, but every other site i check out, like z1motorsports, concept z, etc...sell midpipes for like 300 and downpipes for another 300...

this sounds way too good to be true, but maybe it's not. what do you all think? should i take a chance in saving the $440 and give these cheapos a try? or will i blow off the downpipe as soon as i hit peak boost and end up screwed do ya think?

regardless i think i might give the cheaper ones a try just to see how they hold up...it's worth a shot for 160 i figure.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:18 PM
caught the z fever

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...970206560&rd=1

these look ok, but i still dunno if i would go with ebay or not
Old 04-24-2005, 01:47 PM
El Viejo

Being my TT is supercharged, I used headers and all exhaust system I got from eBay. If the welds on the flanges are good and the tubes are SS, mandrel bent and fit in place of the stock units, why wouldn't they be good?
I paid less for my complete exhaust system, from the headers to the tips of the exhaust than it would have cost for just the Stillen headers.
I'm not trying to put anyones product down, but most Z owners are trying to get the most bang for there buck's spent.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Old Polish Lady Lover

Location: Cheektowaga, NY...land of nothing but a mall and 10,000 old Polish ladies
yeah i think i'm gonna actually buy now the link b300z posted...it's about 50 more than most of the others i found on there, but it's the only one that's 2.5 inch...the rest are 2.3 or less...thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Zgringo
Being my TT is supercharged, I used headers and all exhaust system I got from eBay..

WTF. LMAO. Sorry after reading that, i can't visit this forum any longer. See ya guys. It's been real.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:20 AM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by Zeorymer
WTF. LMAO. Sorry after reading that, i can't visit this forum any longer. See ya guys. It's been real.
WTF ROFL I forgot Mr. Zeorymer the Demi-God needs to spend some time on the shrinks coutch. Seems he has a problem. Sorry Zeorymer, I didn't ask you to proof read my post. I'll try and remember it in the future, and get your approvel.
Just be careful what you say cause some of these guys have pics Of what I say.

Last edited by Zgringo; 04-25-2005 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Silvered Hawaiian

Originally Posted by Zgringo
WTF ROFL I forgot Mr. Zeorymer the Demi-God needs to spend some time on the shrinks coutch. Seems he has a problem. Sorry Zeorymer, I didn't ask you to proof read my post. I'll try and remember it in the future, and get your approvel.
Just be careful what you say cause some of these guys have pics Of what I say.
why would you supercharge a tt when you had a tt set up?

what kind of supercharger you got on the z?..... roots? centrifial?

how much boost you running?

why would supercharging a tt be more practical than having a tt set up?

last but not least.......

you got pics of this supercharged tt?
Old 04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Jack Of All Trades

KenZ KenZ KenZ........... did your screen name used to be [Banned Member]....... lol j/k
Zgringo emailed me a pic of his car....... it looked real enough to me.

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-18-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Silvered Hawaiian

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
KenZ KenZ KenZ........... did your screen name used to be [Banned Member]....... lol j/k
Zgringo emailed me a pic of his car....... it looked real enough to me.
im not in anyway trying to sound like an ***, im just curious. good to his own on what you do with your z, cause well,.....it yours and who gives a crap!

EDIT: is there a thread topic relating to this? im gonna search but all input would be good
oh, and sorry for whoring on your exhaust thread 90na300zx

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-18-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:58 PM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by KENZ
why would you supercharge a tt when you had a tt set up?

I had upgraded my turbo's and a few months I puked one out. Replaced it, then puked the other one, so I started doing a little research.

what kind of supercharger you got on the z?..... roots? centrifial?

Neather! I use a Whipple screwtype supercharger.

how much boost you running?

I have them on 2 different cars. The most boost I've registered on gage is 28# but I didn't have my water/alky injuction setup right and melted the electrods on the plugs. Not good.

why would supercharging a tt be more practical than having a tt set up?

The turbo's are 70-80% efficient, ware as the screwtype is 90+% efficient.

last but not least.......

you got pics of this supercharged tt?
After all the crap I got over on 300zclub you bet I got pictures, plus dyno slips and personal imput from people who have eather seen the cars or have pictures, and some even have videos of them.
You see I had a choice group of people going around calling me a lier, full of S**t, a kid with a computer having fun, when the fact cars are my living and hobby. I'm not a kid, I've been around for more years than most people on this site, and I do have a proven track record, and was only trying to provide the knowledge I have of cars to those looking to learn more. I don't know it all, as the technology keep changing, but there are few basic princples that work and those that don't. Some old tricks and art of racing that has been forgottin.
I have no respect for those unwilling to talk and think they know it all or come out and call anyone a lier or post's negative crap.
When someone posts something like this,"WTF. LMAO. Sorry after reading that, i can't visit this forum any longer. See ya guys. It's been real." I see that person as a very small person with a problem.
I try to state facts and truth as I don't want to mess up someones car. If I don't know I'll tell you that.
On one site I've had engineers come on there and answer questions for the guys as I felt it would be fun to get to talk to the pro's first hand and find out things you've always wondered.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:32 PM

I remember talking about the water/alky injection run with your supercharger, but I don't recall the thread on the supercharged TT. I didn't think that was possible/plausible. The pieces that I'm putting together in my head don't make sense. Help me understand this. How does that work?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
I remember talking about the water/alky injection run with your supercharger, but I don't recall the thread on the supercharged TT. I didn't think that was possible/plausible. The pieces that I'm putting together in my head don't make sense. Help me understand this. How does that work?
yeah help me too it's giving me a headache. too much thinking.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:23 PM
El Viejo

We removed the complete TT system and installed headers like a N/A uses and built a different intake manifold. Ones exhaust driven and the other crank driven. I know of 6 or 8 people doing it.
I don't think there was a thread on this. It was asked once and some of the guys wanted pictures and i sent them.

I don't want to ***** this thread. Bar an 91zxtt if you want to know more PM me.
I'll also steer you onto some neat things being done by others that well blow you away.

Last edited by Zgringo; 04-25-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

ZGringo, start a thread on it please. I'm sure you'll have quite the captive audience here.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:59 AM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by rizzspeed
ZGringo, start a thread on it please. I'm sure you'll have quite the captive audience here.
Thanks for the offer Rizz, but my intent wasn't to ***** this thread. I just gave some thought's on exhaust and was attacted.
I'll just read from now on and not upset the apple cart.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:56 PM
turtled user

I remember talking about the water/alky injection run with your supercharger,
"Rule: A water injector on a turbo car is a poor-excuse band-aid for not doing the job correctly the first time.", Corky Bell
Old 04-27-2005, 09:18 AM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by turtleboy
"Rule: A water injector on a turbo car is a poor-excuse band-aid for not doing the job correctly the first time.", Corky Bell
I was alittle concernd with the above statement by Corky Bell as I've been personal friends of him more than 30 years. Unable to call him as I've misplaced his phone number, called another friend who lives close to him for his phone number. I called Corky and asked him if he made this statement, his response was, "Albert, I run a water injection system on my car, and have for years". I came back and said that isn't what I asked you, I asked you if you made that statement. Corky said, "No".

Last edited by Zgringo; 04-28-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Old Polish Lady Lover

ha well then...not that i want to interrupt all the thread stealing and post whoring going on here, cause it is entertaining....but for those of you interested, a quick update on my exhaust situation

TT swap is almost done, ordered 2.5 stainless downpipes and midpipes from i think a company called drivinparts? or at least that's their name on ebaymotors...and after shipping it was only 172...so what the hell, even if it is shitty and only good for a seaon or so...for 172 it's a learning experience i wouldnt mind taking the hit on, and if it does hold up, then damn i'll be a happy camper.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned

Hey Zgringo,

I saw that you were bragging to all your Zdriver buddies about how you were going to be in Illinois racing your big fast race cars and how [Banned Member] was afraid to come race you. Why dont you post those dates again mr tough guy because you bet your *** he will be there.

Unless of course you aren't really going to be in illinois That must be why your dick shrivelled up and fell off when [Banned Member] called you out on this on ZtechZ

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-18-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:11 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

oh fu*k. not this jerkoff again. go away
BAN BAN BAN!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:15 PM
El Viejo

Originally Posted by 90NA300ZX
ha well then...not that i want to interrupt all the thread stealing and post whoring going on here, cause it is entertaining....but for those of you interested, a quick update on my exhaust situation

TT swap is almost done, ordered 2.5 stainless downpipes and midpipes from i think a company called drivinparts? or at least that's their name on ebaymotors...and after shipping it was only 172...so what the hell, even if it is shitty and only good for a seaon or so...for 172 it's a learning experience i wouldnt mind taking the hit on, and if it does hold up, then damn i'll be a happy camper.
Cool man..Hope you don't have any problems. Sorry for the whoring.
I've had mine for over a year and still no problems.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by 00Evans_Friend
Hey Zgringo,

I saw that you were bragging to all your Zdriver buddies about how you were going to be in Illinois racing your big fast race cars and how [Banned Member] was afraid to come race you. Why dont you post those dates again mr tough guy because you bet your *** he will be there.

Unless of course you aren't really going to be in illinois That must be why your dick shrivelled up and fell off when [Banned Member] called you out on this on ZtechZ

Am I missing something.....whats going on here?

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-18-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Z_WRECKER
Am I missing something.....whats going on here?
yeah.......... ban ban ban
Old 04-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Ruined By Spudz

lmao Z_wreck, go back and look at some of [Banned Member] posts and you will see the back story..

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-18-2005 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by 00Evans_Friend
Hey Zgringo,

This is so sad.

I don't recall him bragging about anything. I recall that I began to insinuate that he didn't even complete a swap since he had an 'extra' clip just lying around. Whatever . I also recall that all of us here think that Evan is a spoiled little rich ***** living off of Mommy and Daddy with nothing better to do than annoy others. Who hasn't [Banned Member] called out?? What [Banned Member] needs is a good solid a** kicking, but that will never happen because he only calls people out who live thousands of miles away. Go ahead and tell him that if his ***** ever drop and he's in Northern Ca, then look me up. I have a couple friends who want to meet him.

Just wondering, did you two meet online through one of those dating services??? From this point forward your name here is [Banned Member]s_Lover. Give [Banned Member] a big kiss for me. Tell him zDriver sends its love.

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 08-18-2005 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Need Help Buying Exhaust!