300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Mmm.. VPRO incoming!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Snazzy Title

Mmm.. VPRO incoming!

Well the profec E01 and the emanage are giving me issues, and I'm tired of puttzing with it.

http://sgpracing-store.stores.yahoo.net/hksfcvmaun.html

No more CEL and stock driveability with more tuning than I'll ever need.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:27 PM

$1,435? That better be more than you ever need!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Snazzy Title

The Z32 ECU espicially on the 1995 is a pain to work around, the 96 with ODBII is bad too basically I tried the piggyback ECU method with the injector harness and I get CEL (check engine lights) and not really what I wanted out of it. Combined with the profec E01 it's a great combo for 90-94 but once you hit the 16bit ECU on the Z I have had too much trouble with it.

Originally Posted by Fast240Z
$1,435? That better be more than you ever need!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:10 PM

I'm just giving you crap, that controller looks like a nice compliment to the already existing ECU, and if it clears your CEL, you could probably set it up so that you could change the settings to make it smog legal (assuming the new controller isn't smog compliant).
Old 08-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Snazzy Title

Hell the VPRO does it all. You can give it a AF ratio and it'll tune for you through every gear and the entire RPM range. Gotta love that, it's not really a piggyback ECU it's more of a replacement.

Originally Posted by Fast240Z
I'm just giving you crap, that controller looks like a nice compliment to the already existing ECU, and if it clears your CEL, you could probably set it up so that you could change the settings to make it smog legal (assuming the new controller isn't smog compliant).
Old 08-24-2006, 01:34 PM

that sounds awesome, you'll have to do a writeup and review after you get it installed.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Über User

sounds more like a standalone....sept, your ecu is still there.
do they make standalon ecu's for our car? i never looked. if so, should one of those cost the same as what your buying?
Old 08-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
sounds more like a standalone....sept, your ecu is still there.
do they make standalon ecu's for our car? i never looked. if so, should one of those cost the same as what your buying?
I would assume so you know what people say, "you get what you payfor" so when it comes to cars I assume and go by that rule so yeah expect to pay well ove $1,000 for a good /decent EMS. look at the power FC its like 980$ and 1300 with the boost control kit included. so yeah my $.02
Old 08-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Snazzy Title

The HKS F-CON V Pro is a fully featured standalone engine management system that connects as easily as a "piggy-back" fuel and timing controller. As modifications to a vehicle are made, the need for fuel and timing adjustments becomes critical for performance and safety. The F-CON V Pro with its 32x32 resolution for both fuel and timing maps is the optimal solution. The F-CON V Pro can control up to eight injectors and D Jetro or L Jetro setups. --- Injectors can be set to fire as batch, sequentially or staged. The F-CON V Pro can also read drive by wire vehicles. Programming is done via the HKS Power Writer software; which only Certified HKS Pro Dealers have access to. The HKS Power Writer software for the F-CON V Pro has some very unique abilities to simplify setup and tuning. Via the vehicle start up menus most Japanese import cars can be easily started by selecting the vehicle’s parameters (Make, Model, Engine and etc). Tuning is simplified due to the A/F Feedback control; where a target A/F value can be input and the F-CON V Pro will adjust fuel automatically. Also full data logging capabilities are built into the F-Con V Pro Power Writer software. All major vehicle conditions including; speed, rpm, water temperature, intake temperature, timing, boost, injector duty cycle and etc can be logged to an HKS Pro Dealer’s computer.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Über User

did, you read the box for an hour or somehting? lol, so standalone is the purpose it serves, just in a wierd way. cool.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Snazzy Title

Been reading a lot of late trying to figure out the path I want to take. I don't want a dyno queen.

I want a powerful Z32 with a BROAD torque and HP range. I currently have a 90% peak torque (411ft/tq) for about 2100RPM which is very nice, I didn't have this before the tuning, the car runs really strong although I'm getting an overboost condition from the profec E01 which is my current problem I'm trying to address.

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
did, you read the box for an hour or somehting? lol, so standalone is the purpose it serves, just in a wierd way. cool.