300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

huge exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

huge? Are you looking for overall pipe diameter or just a really large exhaust tip? If you're looking for pipe diameter, 2.5" is plenty for your N/A. There are some companies that offer3.0", but that's just plain overkill, even for a tt. Unless you're flowing more than 600hp it's not worth getting. If you're just looking for a larger exhaust tip/muffler, you should try your local speed shop. They'll most likely have that 'monster tip' you're searching for.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:26 AM

Pep Boys lol.......i know the ones around here have a display set up thats got a tip on it thats big enough to fit about 3 1/2 fists in so thats a good 4 1/2 - 5 inch tip

my 0.02
Old 10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm Chillin

Why would you want to rice out your Z?
Old 11-03-2003, 07:08 AM

Good question lol...............MMMMMmmmmmm. Got Rice?

i wanna make a sticker that says "Got rice?" "Nope Burned it!" lolhehehe
Old 11-07-2003, 04:29 AM

... Dude, Z's are beautiful pieces of work, It should be a crime to rice out a Z. My Z has straight back 2.5, no cats, but its starting to sound a little ricey, So Im going Stillen more than likely.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:15 AM
Gold Member

Originally posted by NISMO LMR
... Dude, Z's are beautiful pieces of work, It should be a crime to rice out a Z. My Z has straight back 2.5, no cats, but its starting to sound a little ricey, So Im going Stillen more than likely.
Wow, that's very interesting! So modifying an automobile to increase horsepower and speed is okay (particularly if it's Stillen), and certain other mods are fine...but when the mods start to alter the vehicle in such a way that it's displeasing or simply too different, then it becomes "riced out"? Who's to say what "ricey" means anyways...17" rims? aluminum spoilers? carbon-fiber hoods? chrome dual exhausts? tinted windows? the super crazy blue and green neon lights glowing under the car??

It seems to me that only those things that are undesirable in the eyes of the beholder do they become "riced out," which I feel is a little unfair. The two hundred some million people here in the US each have very different tastes. And many of my friends are Asian, so I don't know how well they will take the usages of these terms purely for something objectionable in a car.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:57 AM
I'm Chillin

Your right, everyone has their own opinion of what riced out is. I believe, in my own little world, that the word riced out came about because you see (mostly) asians take **** civics and lower them, put dumb *** big rainbow spoilers on them, strip the paint and primer it, put a 40 inch muffler tip on it that makes it sound like a supercharged lawn mower or a cazoo of some sort, etc.... Its the people out their that do **** half assed that really means ricers to me. Putting a huge fin on the back of a front wheel drive car with no front spoiler to add the down force in the proper area is retarded. Putting a resonator tip on a car to make it sound like 2f2f, is plain retarded. And, when they pull up next you and start reving their engine and annoying the f*&% out of you acting like they have something, that is where it all comes from in my opinion. To keep it short anyways
Old 11-07-2003, 10:59 PM

Copper chill out man, why the hell would you be talking **** to me, when I was just commenting on others opinions. Im just saying I PERSONALY hate ricers... Your the one talking about opinions. I mean, my Z rides about 1/4 from the ground in the front, my tires are 10.5 inches in the back, and half of my car is primer due to the fact I did some custom body work, and I am poor at the moment.. haha. I do not consider it RICE because it is unique, u dig? The normal ricers in our town are as follows:
-1986 cr-x
-with 20 inchers chrome, with 1/16 inch of rubs
-lowered to the ground
-pink neons
-clear tails
-aluminum wing
-NO exhaust, highly tuned weed wacker sound
-no intake tubing
-spray painted interior
-and u cant miss the duct taped on roof scoop now can u?
-and the sheet metal "ground effects"

SO when we pull up next to this thing in our Z's (4 in my group of friends, white 2+2, gold coupe, red coupe MINE, and black TT. We cruise together and all that gay ****, it gets old... haha) this guy (punk *** lil kidiot who doesnt relize, that he is in fact, WHITE. I may add) and he says " F^$k 300Z's! BITCH!"
so naturally we all start revving like dumbass street racers, and shut him up the most effective way possible. Anyways, my town is full of these guys who saw 2fast2queer2many times, and think that they know cars because they can change their air filter, and talk about "yo dawg, I peeped this tricked out civic, it hadda have Nawwwz or somethin cause it was fast, it was looking like that one in fast and furious B!"... So yea I am a bit bias against ricemobiles. If this is too stereotypical or in anyway insulting to anymember, please stop crying, and insult me back. HAHA, j/pj/p . Peace
Do unto others... What has been done to you

Last edited by NISMO LMR; 11-07-2003 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Gold Member

Originally posted by NISMO LMR
Copper chill out man, why the hell would you be talking **** to me, when I was just commenting on others opinions. Im just saying I PERSONALY hate ricers...
Nismo, just because I quoted your entry doesn't mean that I was singling you out or anything...and don't worry, if I was "talking ****" everyone will definitely be able to tell the difference between that and these past two relatively passive and unobtrusive entries. And I would never put another Z driver down. You know why? Cause I think all Z drivers are, in their own respective ways, extremely cool and respectable!

So going back to the previous discussion, I would bet you a million dollars that many people WOULD find your car "riced out," even though to you and I, these are merely routine modifications that many people do to their cars to improve performance or personalize appearance. And you probably won't care what they think, right? Neither would I. But how would you feel if they felt that way AND started talking **** about YOUR car by giving it a condescending name?

My point is just this...why must we single out those people who have different tastes and brand them with a stereotypical label (especially one that ridicules the Asian culture, even though many WHITES as Nismo pointed out drives tricked-out cars as well). We as Z drivers are in every way perfect (though many people would disagree with that) and we modify OUR cars. Why don't we just let the little Civics and Jettas GET souped up without all the hatin', race 'em on the roads or tracks, show 'em that the Z's are insurmountable, and prove that Z drivers are not only the best drivers but the most mature and professional as well.

P.S. You're lucky, Nismo, to have a group of friends who drive Z's and can cruise around town with you. Most people don't have that luxury. All my friends around Chicago drive (to your dismay) modified CRX's, Integra's and WRX's. Perhaps in a way, I just wanted to defend my friends for there actions (and preferrences) even if I may not like 'em.

P.P.S. Ummm...and Nismo, you may have incorporated some of what tsefreeflow had said into what I had said...

Do you (not you Nismo, but the plural "you") think my car is too "riced out"? If so, I don't really care but keep your hatin' to yourself...
Old 11-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Gold Member

Express your individuality...

So oakdalenewbies,

Sorry about the previous tangents. If you want to get a larger exhaust, I am not going to deride you for doing so. I have an exhaust in my car that to SOME may seem too pretentious, even though it's only 3 inches in diameter (my car is smaller than yours though). But I think it made may car sound much fiercer, look much better from the side and rear, and perform...about the same

As for internet sites and local stores where you can find 'em, I think the other experts here on zdriver have given you some great advice already. It all really depends on what your personal needs are though...
Old 11-08-2003, 11:44 AM

"They march like fools, Were in a Parade of Chaos" -ZAO

Your a very good debater Copper, haha. No but first of all, I told you in another post that I thought your Z31 was a beautiful machine, you remember? Anyways, I dont have a problem with peoples cars if they are doing it for themselves, hell, if they like the way their car looks, and I can tell they do.. Then I'll let it be, but most of the ones in my town do it becuase its the "COOL THING TO DO" so they have to because they have since they can remember. Me on the other hand, I cannot stand to fit in the crowd, I always have to be different. For example, have you heard of the bands: Norma Jean, Agony scene, underouth, undying, Hopes conspiracy, Killswitch engaged, Dead blue sky, ZAO, TOOL (more than likely you have that one), Bloodjin, Eighteen visions, Poison the well, throwdown, misfits, danzig, and last but not least, SAMHAIN (favorite band ever). I cant listen to mainstream, I cant make my car mainstream, I hate seeing myself copying someone else. This is all very odd of me seeming as I am somewhat of a "JOCK", or a dumb football player to many. I am not your normal tuner. 6 foot 7 inches tall, and 275 pounds, you would think I would be driving an Explorer with dubs and 15's bumpin' in the back. But no, I do not conform to anything. Its great pulling up somewhere in the Z, getting out, and seeing people say "DAMN boy, you big as ****......... and you driving a 300zx... wtf?" haha. So yea, I think its not the car that annoys me Copper, its the personality and the way they act that annoys me... Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was under the impression that you were downing me becuase you did call my post out, but o well, is all good. Were all Z Drivers in here, u dig?
Do unto others... What has been done to you
Old 11-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Do you feel the love? I FEEL the love!

LOL, hey copper dude. You should check out www.300zxclub.com
Head over to the midwestern forum section, that way when we plan anything you'll be informed and might be able to join us. Most of those ppl don't post over here though. ZBabe just joined us here from over there. She's a moderator over there as well. Maybe she can convince some ppl to flow their traffic this way as well.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:27 AM

i've been trying to flow some traffic from Automotiveforums.com over to here. I guess its working, not sure though. I guess I figured out the best way to sell SKYLINES, is go to a... SKYLINE FORUM. haha. When I was posting FOR SALE SKYLINES over here, no one was answering me. Now I cant handle all these people wanting one, its great. haha. Anyways, we need to get some more people in here, haha. Later guys.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:08 AM
confuzed member

As i became interested in z32's, this is the first forum i found (don't remember how). Then from someone in this forum i was told about twinturbo.net and 300zxclub.com. im a fan of all three, but faithfulness goes to zdriver. plus, i dont have to deal with being labeled a newbie for the first 5 years of being on the forum as i do with tt.net.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:27 PM

Big Muffler Tips, IMO, can be pulled off without the "rice" factor when they are dualed out, like on the 300zx. Generally on single exhaust cars I think the bigger it is the more the "balance" factor is off, but if it looks good than thats all that matters man

Last edited by MetalTear17; 08-19-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:30 PM

btw this is my friend, the only other Z driver I know well in charleston... he's cool and his car has got some nice stuff done to it, o yeah thats me standing there... and why not a pic of my car 2
Attached Thumbnails huge exhaust-car.jpg   huge exhaust-car2.jpg   huge exhaust-mycar.jpg  

Last edited by MetalTear17; 08-19-2004 at 10:34 PM.