300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Egr

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 02:55 PM

Egr

So am I cursed, I have a never ending problem with my z always!!! today I threw the Check engine light, pulled code from ecu, 32.... EGR valve, So yeah... Never looked for it, is it hard to get 2??? also If I threw that code is iit bad for sure? thanks guys
Old 11-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Jack Of All Trades

91zxtt will reply soon. bloody stumps and all :roflmao:
Old 11-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

yeah, you might wanna check out his thread on his emission woes.

i do believe he'll be pulling the engine to remove/replace the EGR valve and related hoses and hardware.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:30 PM

Sorry, but I had to laugh at that. It makes me feel a little better to know that I'm not the only one that has this problem. Knock on wood,.....I don't have to replace my EGR. It appears to be in perfect working order. It was everything around it that was causing problems. The reason you've never looked for it is because you've never seen it. The reason you've never seen it is because you can't. It bolts onto the rear of the lower plenum. If you lay over the top of the motor and look down between the firewall and the engine, directly in the middle of the engine compartment, then you should be able to see it. You must remove the upper and lower plenum in order to get it out. In order to remove the lower plenum, you must remove the fan, accessory belts, radiator, crank pulley, timing belt covers and timing belt (be sure to thread a screw into the t-belt tensioner. The link below should shed a little light on the plethora of fun you will be having while you remove that little bastard. I have some nice pictures on there too. You may just have a split vacuum line that leads to the EGR. Mine was very cracked and brittle. I'll take a picture of it. There is a sensor inline with with the driver side output tube of the EGR. You may have a bad connection there. You'd have to remove the upper plenum to get to that, but you can remove that tube without remove the lower plenum.

https://www.zdriver.com/showthread.php?t=10728

There's more fun stuff here

https://www.zdriver.com/showthread.php?t=10462

You can have some fun with it because there are some good mods you can do with the upper plenum off (honed upper and lower plenum, larger injectors). It can get expensive tho.

Last edited by 91zxtt; 11-04-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:35 PM

Well I don't have emmisions where I live, I have the studder slightly above idle, what will be the conseqence if I just leave it like it is?
Old 11-04-2004, 10:58 PM

If you're ok with the studder, then you can leave it. It won't hurt anything.