300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

chiped

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM

chiped

ok my brother just got the 300zx TT
and so far it has a greddy exhaust and an intake mod...as far as ive read next thing would be to chip it and turn up the boost and then intercoolers....

what do you guys reccomend for chipping? or am i missing a step inbetween here....

appreciate it...i wana buy it for him for a "new" car present....
Old 05-10-2005, 08:42 PM

The ASHSPEC ecu is one of the best and it's more affordable than Stillen or Jim Wolf (Jim Wolf Technologies programs the Stillen ecu's). I used to say go and buy one from Z1, but I guess Ashley Powers has his own gig now. I think he's over on TT.net. Someone want to confirm that.

Oh, you can't just crank up the boost. You'll likely want to install a boost controller. You will receive boost jets with your purchase, which work fine but are kinda hokey IMO.

Also, IMO, I'd start working on the suspension in your brother's car. What's the point of going fast if you can't turn or stop?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:53 PM

Just good luck getting hold of Ash, I know I will love my ECU if I ever get it back.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:11 PM

ahh ok ..
well hes already got suspention goodies done to it (by the PO) and he says it handles like a dream right now...thats why i was just wondering about getting him something where he could open up a few more ponies for now
thanks