300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Blown Engine Saga almost over

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:14 AM

Blown Engine Saga almost over

Ya $3,000 Later wich i cant afford in the first place.

I blew a connector Rod. So whole engine had to come out. Mechanic shop was my friends Uncle so Labor wasnt too much(ya right)

Couldnt get the TT engine, couldnt afford it. I know ill be kicking myself in the *** but you know what who cares i need my baby on the road.

Got another N/A Engine, mechanic changed timing belt, pumps, so basically coming out on a bran new engine.

I know 3k sounds expensive but i got a good quality N/A motor with very low miles.

And everything is warrentied. Someting goes wrong he told me he'll bite the labor costs =]

AND THE BEST PART. I GET TO REBUILD MY ENGINE ON MY OWN! It will be a fun project.

Anyone have any ideas what i could do to it? Reinforce the inside? POrt and Polish. I want all internal work done. So Couple yrs from now ill have a beast sitting around waiting to go in.

Since the compression ratio is only due to the pistons, i would be able to make the N/a Motor a 8:1 compression right? I would still need the TT model Parts such as the fuel pump, etc. but i would still have a very strong (internal wise) engine right?

And if i dont go this route, what the hell could i sell off this engine? I blew a rod so what parts should be still good? Letme know fellas! Thanks again!

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 06-04-2005 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Bad Speller

sweeet deal man. yeha oit's like NA mootrs and TT motors are quite somewat the same and have a litteldiference. just go get teh JUN stroker kit, High flow walbro fuel pump, nismo 740cc injectors. if you get 550 you will regret it later on, I know I did. for turbos, wuick boosting but not too high HKS 2530bb, high boost moderate spool,JWT sport 600, and BIG boost but low end lag JWT sport 700s. tranny get a TT manual 5 speed, new EFI harness, independent boost gauge and controler because stock ones are gay, 1 pice drife shaft, as for clutch and flywheel most of the people including rizz and 91tt recomend RPS. might as well upgrade exhaust manifold and down pipe while you're @ it. exhasut dosent really matter is more of style you want. my my self I'm getting the HKS Carbon exhaust for teh 350Z and getting custom testpipes. and that's all i can think of on top of my head he he he good luck.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:56 AM
caught the z fever

if he does that he will be almost 20k into it...i dont think he would want to drop that much into it bardabe

what kind of turbos do you have bardabe?
91 has an ACT clutch, but both work just as good...i guess

HKS carbon exhaust for 350??? huh???
Old 06-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Bad Speller

yeah I'm gettign the HKS carbon Exhaust for the 350Z because I like the single slanted tip instead of teh Dual Hueg ones. so I'll get that and get a custom test (Y) pie to fit that sexy exhaust and u know be a little diferent. he he I dunno it's just somethign about two big *** slanted exhaust tips that i don;t like. i'm not a big fan of quad exhasut either so yeah. U'll see the pictures when i get em done hopefully a reasonable amoutn of people atleast like it.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:41 AM

i gotta feeling that Y pipe is going to restrictive as anything. Because now you would have 2 airmasses moving in two oposite directions creating huge amounts of turbulance, not to mention now your trying to handle two testpipes worth of air in 1 2.5-3.0 inch diameter pipe.

my .02 but im dumb anyway.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by Shameless
i gotta feeling that Y pipe is going to restrictive as anything. Because now you would have 2 airmasses moving in two oposite directions creating huge amounts of turbulance, not to mention now your trying to handle two testpipes worth of air in 1 2.5-3.0 inch diameter pipe.

my .02 but im dumb anyway.
ok i don;t wanna hyjack look @ new thread
Old 06-05-2005, 07:57 PM

Getting back on topic....

Depeding on how far you want to go into it, the stock internals are good for up to 600-650 RWHP and 22-25 psi. Stock fuel pump is sufficient. Go with the Jim Wolf 550's. They're the best for all around street use. Not too much lag and very strong boost. 555 injectors are fine for those turbos. If it were me, I'd upgrade the rods, rings and pistons, then have the heads done to optimize performance for a bigger cam. Port and pollish the intake manifold and plenum. Look into a set of headers. Specialty Z sells some sweet ones, but I think they're crazy expensive.

In a nut shell, it depends on how much you want to spend.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
In a nut shell, it depends on how much you want to spend.
like all things that pertains to cars, racing, and/or hobbies.