300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 02:58 PM
confuzed member

Wreck

I have the worst luck in the world. I was driving next to a semi, going the same speed aprox. on an on ramp. around a curve, the semi drifted into my lane. I turned to avoid the semi and hit a patch of oil, being that it's a hot day, my ar spun out on it and hit a rail. MY air bag exploded and the front is pretty mangled. I really hope its not totalled, and I don't think it is. It's gonna need a new hood, front fenders, fascia, headlights/foglihts, and I think that should be it...and a new steering wheel. This really sucks. The cop, tow truck driver, and person behind me all said it was bad luck. What the crap is that?!
Old 03-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Gold Member

Awww, poor Emo! Hey maybe this is your excuse to get a '99 JDM fascia instead of the aftermarket ones. It may cost a little more, but I think it would look sweet! Good luck...
Old 03-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Snazzy Title

I'm assuming your profile is right, make sure to pressure test your intercoolers to make sure they are ok. Those are about 1000, the airbag itself is gonna cost a lot as well. Be careful if the dmg gets heavy in the front end you might be better to write it off and take another vehicle..

Originally Posted by emo236
I have the worst luck in the world. I was driving next to a semi, going the same speed aprox. on an on ramp. around a curve, the semi drifted into my lane. I turned to avoid the semi and hit a patch of oil, being that it's a hot day, my ar spun out on it and hit a rail. MY air bag exploded and the front is pretty mangled. I really hope its not totalled, and I don't think it is. It's gonna need a new hood, front fenders, fascia, headlights/foglihts, and I think that should be it...and a new steering wheel. This really sucks. The cop, tow truck driver, and person behind me all said it was bad luck. What the crap is that?!
Old 03-30-2004, 05:34 PM

Dude, that sucks. Does it look like any of the suspension components are damaged? If that's the case, then I'd expect them to total it out. The estimate for the repairs will probably come to more than what the books out at. Unfortunately the insurance companies aren't going to give you much for it. Make sure you take all of your aftermarket stuff off of it, if it comes down to it.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:15 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

wow

I thought that if you total your car and you tell them all the stuff you had on it you get more money, to compinsate for what you lost? not true? Anywayz Emo im deeply sorry...if i were you i would have kicked that truck driver in his nutz so hard...what a a$$hole. I hope that he cant sleep at night knowing what he did. if you really wanted to you could sue the company the truck driver works for, for not hiring capable drivers...or something to that effect...but that would be, whats the word...$h*ty

Rob

Last edited by CrAzY_84na; 03-30-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:03 AM
confuzed member

It might be a total loss, but I'd probably buy it back from the insurance company. THen I'd look around for parts and see how much it would cost to salvage it basically and then just keep it. No suspension seemed messed up or anything like that. Or if it would cost too much, I'd end up parting it out and then maybe getting a new car, maybe not another TT, don't know if I can afford it. I'm so bummed about it!
Old 03-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

You shoulda let him hit you. You coulda then sued the driver, the company, and his insurance company. Now, you're looking at a possible complete loss. What is the insurance company offering? You'll probably make more parting it out. You probably already know a bunch of ppl that would buy parts off you. Tough dude, stay tough.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
confuzed member

if I would have let him hit me, I would be dead. His rear wheels would have ran right over me.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by CrAzY_84na
I thought that if you total your car and you tell them all the stuff you had on it you get more money, to compinsate for what you lost? not true?
Rob
If your insurance knows about what MODS you've done and the cost, then they may reimburse. The thing is, if you disclose what the items, then the insurance company may raise your premiums because the car is now worth more $. Insurance on these cars is expensive enough as it is. No need to make it worse. It's kind of a risk you run. He'd have better luck parting it out and selling the aftermarket items. EMO, not to be the bearer of bad news, but whe I was involved in an accident in my car, the damage was fairly minor. I was doing about 15 MPH on the freeway. When I went to change lanes, the person in front of me stopped. It needed a new hood, fender, bumper, headlight, foglight the center support (for the hood). I drove the car home. No suspension damage. It sounds similar to what you're looking at, but it sounds like you hit the drover and passenger side up front. Cost was jhust over $7k. Luckily insurance covered it. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:52 AM

Damn Emo....sorry to hear that bro. i've been working 2 damn jobs for the past month, as well as working on my Z. this morning i wake up go to the garage, and i have a flat tire....then i decided to put my window up, and to my suprise instead of the damn thing going up it fell through. did i mention i just finished changing my timing belt and my water pump last night.... I am getting so sick of these little annoying things that happen on a daily basis pretty much. sometimes i wish just that the damn engine would blow up so i know i can't drive it until i get the new engine in....F@*#!! F@*#!! F@*#!! F@*#!!
Old 04-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

if I would have let him hit me, I would be dead. His rear wheels would have ran right over me.
ohhh...nevermind then.
I guess you alive and the car dead is better than the other way around.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:23 PM
confuzed member

I did some research and math and with some deals that I could get and some shopping around, as long as the frames not bent, I may be able to fix it for under 5Gs (way under what the insurance company would give me for the deductible). This just sucks way too bad. It's like a bad nightmare. My dad dies, my car gets slammed into a rail, barely escaping death myself. what next?! Well, thanks for everything nonetheless.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:15 AM

It could be worse, as Rizz mentioned above. I recommend you buy a beater commuter car so that you can put the car back together at your own pace. It'll take time, but as you mentioned, if the frame isn't bent then you can do ok. I don't know if I really want to see it, but do you have a picture? I'm sure everyone else is wondering how bad it looks too. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:25 PM

Yeah! I'm curious.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Loves Going Topless

Just caught your thread emo, damn sorry to hear about the car. Your ok and that's all that matters right now. Check with Kyle up at Strictly Z he may be able to help find you what you need. I know he has an extra set of HID's on the shelf right now. Somehow when they ordered mine they ended up with a set for the shop. Don't know what stock Lamps cost but the HID's run $1600 be a good time to look at the upgrade. I'm waiting on the relays and schematic for the wiring. They've got the 99' fascia in stock mine was $865 w/freight. It comes with the grill and new corner lites. I think Matts wreck I've got stored has the drivers side h-lamp still good and maybe the L-front fender the rest of the front end is totaled and burnt. I had to have Nissan r&r my 240 dash because of the airbag settings. It wasn't wrecked just some A** destroyed the dash when it was broken into at the local Nissan dealer. I'll e-mail you and tell you what my dad pulled yesterday.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:41 PM

No Emo you did the right thing. My buddy "let" someone hit him, his car was smashed into almost nothingness, they had to use the "jaws of life" to get the roof off. Him, his best friend, and his sister (my brothers girl friend) are in pretty beaten up shape. And the cop said it is his fault, and he is know getting charges pressed on HIM... For getting hit by some rich lady with a cell phone in one hand, and a People magazine in the other.

DOWN WITH H2's!

So he would have been better off going off the road and taking a few hundred dollars hit in body damages... Now he doesnt even have a car, or money. You did the right thing bro. Dont worry, it will all work out.

For the meantime, get an 89' 240SX for a beater, and fix your Z. 240's are very easy to work on, and still look ok. Also, RWD .

Anyways, take it easy bro.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:07 PM
confuzed member

Just to let everyone know, the car is sold.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

'Tis a sad day indeed.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:32 AM

The end of an era.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
The end of an era.
very sad day indeed man....that Z was beautiful.......sorry man.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Gold Member

Just to let everyone know, the car is sold.
Sorry to hear about your loss, Emo. Are you planning to get a replacement Z32, or have you had enough of the Z's??
Old 04-18-2004, 11:05 AM

Man I know what its like bro... I gotta sell Redbird here soon... Or take a $1,000+ hit to have someone fix the upper end of the engine. I cant deal with that BS anymore.

Dude dont worry about it, find a nice 1992+ TT, and beast the heck outta it!

It all works out Emo, eventually.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:59 AM

sorry to hear that Emo.... i haven't been on in a while. a lot of crazy stuff happened. My dad was in a pretty bad car accident, and all that made me take a harder look on the way i've been driving. Also i've been working like a dog, and going to school. i wanted to get that swap soon. the thing is i got the money now, but i don't know if i want to do it or not. i test drove a lot of cars over the past few weeks, and i think a nice 98 M3 my take my Z's place. i am in no rush to sell my Z... i am not even sure if i wanna do it or not. but i could sell my n/a for about 8500 or more, put 7g's i've saved up and get a nice TT. My dad said he'll help me get any car i want, but i don't want to have to do that. i also got a new bike. honda CBR600. another new thing was that i moved to another place as well, just so many things going on right now, that i am not ready to make any decisions. i will post pics of the car next week, since i am gonna put it on ebay. Anyway Emo if you wanna a nice n/a i'll hook you up
Old 04-23-2004, 10:33 PM
confuzed member

actually, guys, I'm getting a 240z.I found a really cherry one that has absolutley NO rust and perfectly restored. I'm then going to buy an LS1 (camaro SS/Z28 and corvette motor), get ligenfelter heads and a crane cam with a 650 lift. That will put me at around 480hp. the car is 3500-4000$ (I'm still negotiating), $4000-5000 for the engine, trans, and ecu. $1500 for the heads and cam..that's a good deal. And it'll cost about $1500 to get it in the car. Then about $1000 in brakes and suspension. I'll have about a $20,000 budget. The project will take me 1-2 years. The 240z has a very well running and very slow L24 stock motor other than round top carbs in it that will be very reliable. Down the road when it's no longer a daily driver (considering a semi doesn't run me off the road), it will get either a TT or SC setup. The main reason for doing this is how much my insurance is gonna cost. $122 every 6 months with USAA or $108 with Haggerty(I'd hafta lie and say it's not a DD) a year.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:57 AM

USAA is great for prices! I pay 356 dollars a year.

Quick Reply: Wreck