300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Updating the Radio

Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM

Updating the Radio

Hi guys i just bought my first z car and im just beginning to sort through all the forums and learn the car and figure out what i want to do with it. Anyway my z has the original BOSE cassette deck with center channel speaker in it and the head is bad. Ive already done some research about this system and i already know what im going to do with it. (system hits the trash can!) So here is what i want to do im intending on replacing the entire system head speakers all of it. What id like to know is what im going to find or get into once i start into this project. What i plan on putting in is a brand new pioneer head all brand new 6.5" speakers and id like to put an amp in. Now im not looking for blast your ears out kind of a system just something that sounds good so any tips advice suggestions on what i should do or how to go about it would be greatly appreciated especially when it comes to wiring the system together. Ive done heads with just speakers but i have never done an amp. Thanks in advance guys!!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ZDriver
Hi guys i just bought my first z car and im just beginning to sort through all the forums and learn the car and figure out what i want to do with it. Anyway my z has the original BOSE cassette deck with center channel speaker in it and the head is bad. Ive already done some research about this system and i already know what im going to do with it. (system hits the trash can!) So here is what i want to do im intending on replacing the entire system head speakers all of it. What id like to know is what im going to find or get into once i start into this project. What i plan on putting in is a brand new pioneer head all brand new 6.5" speakers and id like to put an amp in. Now im not looking for blast your ears out kind of a system just something that sounds good so any tips advice suggestions on what i should do or how to go about it would be greatly appreciated especially when it comes to wiring the system together. Ive done heads with just speakers but i have never done an amp. Thanks in advance guys!!
Personally when I get my "Z" (I've been close several times...I have CASH just want the right one) I could care less what kind of radio it has. I prefer the original. I think the sweet sound of a finely tuned "Z" engine is music to the ears!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:23 PM

Yeah well i have owned mine for about 2 weeks now and the muffers are rusted out so it sounds like a crappy pos ricer and i hate it lol. I agree the sound of a sweetly tuned Z sounds nice but i also like my tunes too

Last edited by ZDriver; 07-09-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 PM

Did you get your tunes all set up? The amp is pretty easy, really. Hardest part on most cars is jamming the power wire through the cars firewall, and hiding the wires all the way back.
I love my dual 3" exhaust's growl, but no way could I live with out music in ANY car