300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

TTs

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 10:07 PM
confuzed member

TTs

I just wanna know...how many TTs do we have on this forum? I know there's me and 91zxtt...who else? NA guys...you still have nice cars!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:56 AM

Roll call up to 3...
Old 01-22-2004, 10:41 AM
confuzed member

One sweet collection you have there!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:19 AM

Thanks. I must say though, the 1992 daughter is the prize of the collection !
Old 01-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Gold Member

I will be, once I get that one that I was talkin' about earlier!

Is that your Z in your new avatar pic, emo?? Sweeeeeeet!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:36 PM

Yep, it's his. We have almost identical cars. I have a sightly different air box panel and clear turn signals. More grunt under the hood too! He has fewer miles on his though.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:46 PM
confuzed member

Yep, that's mine...I'll get some more pics soon hopefully. Any photoshoppers out there wanna clean up my front bumper like my friend did with this one for me. I have a chipped up paint job on the bottom. Cheap paint job....getting new one ASAP. And, 91...just you wait. after this summer...I'll have UD pulleys as well and maybe some other stuff...I'll be catching up quick soon. I'm just concentrating on maintenance right now.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:40 PM

all i gotta say you fellas better watch out, bc when i do my swap i am doing it all at once...first i am gonna rebuild the tt engine i get, then new fuel injectors, and new turbos, and a rebuilt tranny+ i will buy a brand new efi harness.... i want everything under my hood to be new or almost new....and then the road trip me with my Z and my buddy with his .... i just cannot tell you how psyched i am about this car... i cannot wait to make it a tt anymore...it's gonna be so sweet
Old 01-22-2004, 10:59 PM
confuzed member

Where the heck are you getting this money??? A TT motor...everything to rebuild it plus everything else you were talking about...sounds like nearly 10 grand worth of parts! Are you getting upgraded turbos? Then you'll need upgraded injectors and intercoolers as well and probably some other stuff! Sounds like a bunch of money!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

You're just prying into everyone's finances, aren't you? Don't worry about where the money's coming from! Can't you just be happy for someone? Or maybe you're just a bit jealous?
Old 01-23-2004, 12:00 AM
confuzed member

I didn't mean it like that...why do you hate me so? Fine...forget it zwrecker. And no, I'm not jealous. I have a TT and I have plans for it. I just know that these cars take alot of money and I know that my FRIEND zwrecker is a student just like me so I can relate to the no money issue. I have plans for sport 500s, etc etc for my car and hopefully this will all be done a few years after I graduate. What do I have to be jealous about now? Cmon Rizz...you're being ridiculous here. Lighten up pal...I like you. you know a lot and I admire your knowledge--way much more than I have and I have a TT. You know more about my car than I do and you don't own one. I find that amazing. Don't hate on me...I'm not sure why it seems like you are.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Just trying to keep you guys in line.

Isn't that what moderating is all about?
Old 01-23-2004, 12:04 AM
confuzed member

Yea, I guess. But I never said that I wasn't happy for him. Check this out:
I don't have any info, but that's pretty exciting that you're getting a TT maybe. You'll finally have a fast car! JK! But seriously man, thats real exciting. Congrats! Keep us updated.
That was a post to Copper right after he said that he might buy the TT.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

then after that you started asking him about financing and some personal information.
I think you shoulda stopped while you were ahead.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:09 AM
confuzed member

Alright, there's no winning with you. I admitted that I shouldn't have after you pointed out that aspect to me. I didn't even think about that. Read the post right after you pointed that out.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

I did.
It was good of you to retract. There.
Sorry, but I think that you need to watch a little more closely what you ask of other members. Not only that, everyone should be slightly more cautious of posting relevant information on the internet. We have countless 'guests' that frequent these boards left and right that don't have to announce their presence with a post. They can just copy&paste any info that they please from our board. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:20 AM
confuzed member

Yea, that's a good point. And, RIzz, I admit that I didn't think of that when posting those questions. Sometimes, I get used to this forum more as a community of people that are cool and forget that there are a bunch of punks out there. Everyone, take note...prolly something a lot of us could be more careful about. I guess tt.net has conditioned me on what's acceptable to post...which is everything as far as theyre concerned. I'm really glad that this forum has picked up and I don't have to go to tt.net all the time b/c this one only is looked at every 3 days. Good job guys/girls. And let's not get all sarcastic and such...tt.net is a great forum, but the rudeness and sarcasm gets a little out of hand over there.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:01 PM

Emo it's cool man. i know it's gonna be a lot of coin, but i've been saving up and i am supposed to start a pretty sweet job+ i have a 99 accord v6 thats been given to me from my parents. as much as i hate to do it i am gonna sell that accord, and start buying parts for my z....i might not be able to upgrade everything at once, but i figure i'll get most of it done, prep everything, and then when i get a little bit more coin get those sport 500. i am a very patient man, and even tho it's hard to save money i manage to stash some every once a while. before i was thinking about swapping a tt i wanted an sgp n/a engine, and i also looked at stillen. since i bought my first z i have what i call my "in-case-sh$t" fund, so i am gonna be completely broke next summer, but i will have one sweet ride
Old 01-23-2004, 05:07 PM
confuzed member

Sounds sweet. It's gonna be quite a change going from a NA to a TT upgraded like that. Basically, at least a Stg V, probably more! It's gonna be insane going from a 250 hp car approxiameatly to nearly a 500 hp car!
Old 01-23-2004, 07:40 PM

I KNOW MAN....IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME. i have to blame my buddy for that.... he has the fastest TT i have ever driven, and i am sick of being spanked by him,+ that engine is so sweet, so i am putting in pretty much all the money i have ( and don't have yet) into this car, you could say i like Z's...hahaha. i remember the first time i saw a z. it was on an arcade game called special rime investigation. it was a 89 namco game, and it had a tt as the main character. you are a cop in a tt shooting other cars and there was a boost button.... i will own that arcade one day...thats how it all started
Old 01-23-2004, 11:36 PM
confuzed member

Wait, let me get this striaght...you're putting money into HIS car? Pick mine next. What's your buddy runnin? And I love stories...especially when there's a Z invovled.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:57 AM

no emo i am putting this money into my car, it's his fault tho since he lets me drive his tt, so i got addicted, so i want a tt on my own. he has pretty much everything i want. ok here is the list of some items...he has a one piece d/s act double disc clutch,and a flywheel (nos sure what kind) he hasa jwt ecu,brand spanking new sport 500's (sgp.com) pwr radiator,electrical fan, he has a UR pulleys set, i think 900 cc injectors, dual intake, custom test pipes, custom exhaust with just regural mufflers, he has greddy BOF's, and whatever that front mount intercooler off sgp is.greddy turbo timer/boost controler inside the engine i think he has forged pistons and heavy duty rods, i am not sure of all the inside the engine mods i'll get him on here so he can tell you. aside from the big cut out wents on the hood ( yours trully did that) for the cooling in the summer the car looks bone stock. i even took the tt sign and the wing off, so it just looks like an n/a but it puts out so much hp. he needs bigger rims bc he cannot get any traction
Old 01-24-2004, 10:44 AM
confuzed member

900cc injectors?! Sounds like a serious machine! Yea, get him on this forum..would you?
Old 01-24-2004, 03:19 PM

for sure.... he is in georgia now...he's in national guard, he's an f16 mechanic
Old 01-24-2004, 04:17 PM
confuzed member

Does that carry over to working on Zs?