300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Should I buy this Z32?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 09:36 AM

Should I buy this Z32?

hey so I'm new here wanting to be a z owner and this car popped up in my area, it's within my budget for actually buying the car and he claims the interior and exterior are pretty well perfect it's a 1990 2+2 N/A Leather interior km's are high and it's an automatic but other than that it seems fine? I'm not sure I haven't reached out to the owner yet and was hoping to get some opinions before I do, thanks!

Oh and he's asking 3K for it

Link to the ad for the car
1990 Nissan 300zx Saanich, Victoria - MOBILE

Last edited by HowDoYouZCar?; 04-18-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 AM

If I was in the market for an automatic z32, this would be a good candidate. The interior looks taken care of, body looks good. The ONLY thing that scares me is the noise he mentions. Depending on the maintenance record, timing belt changes etc, could be bad, could be a decent fix. Now unless you can wrench good, these cars aren't really for novices as far as maintenance goes. If you take it to a shop, you are going to pay, a lot, unfortunately, I haven't found many mechanics that actually like working on these, other than the money they are going to suck from you. This is just my opinion, I am sure few others can chime in. Maybe take it to a mechanic if you consider for a quick look before you buy it (200$ for a good check?), at least you will know what needs fixing in the engine department, look good underneath for rust as well, I have seen some look pristine on the outside, but you look under, and there is holes and rust in structural places. If you do plan on working on it yourself, get a good set of tools, extensions, and if you don't have skinny hands to get into tight places in this car, befriend someone who does .
Cheers, good luck.

read this:
http://www.xenonz32.com/buyerguide.html

Last edited by Skully; 04-18-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:34 AM

Coin flip. Will you get enough of that 'sports car feel' from an automatic? Your call, but drive a 5-speed first before you decide. Compare them. Good luck.