300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Rarest Z32 Colors...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered Drifter

Rarest Z32 Colors...

I was just wondering/wanted to see some pics of the rarest color's for Z32's I suppose there wasnt many color options tho.

Is there anyone else on here with my color

Cobalt Green Pearl Clearcoat Code: DN1

I havn't seen my color in my area, and I havnt seen any pics on here of someone with my color.

Tim
Old 01-22-2009, 08:30 AM
The Evil Twin

There are a couple in Washington that color.

How about purple? Isn't that a rare Z32 color too?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
F5 Hero

I've seen another cobalt green z32 from ohio possibly. not sure. Was a guy named tom. Met him at branson z fest '07.

I have the oh so super common AG2.

IIRC there was a baby blue color that was super rare?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Azure Blue Pearl is the light blue. Deep Purple Metallic LP2 was the purple (about 210 produced). Most rare is Cocoa Bronze Metallic CK2... only available on convertibles in 93 and even then, only 28 produced.

I'm doing some work on my hard drives... when I'm done, I'll come back and post pics.

P.S. There were about 2000 Cobalt Green Pearl Z32's.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered Drifter

Thanks for the info Zlover. I think I've seen a Cocoa Bronze Vert in my town.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:40 PM

I've seen a green one on base.. although not sure if its colbalt green, i've also seen a gold one.. mines Azure blue, haven't seen too many of those either.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Taste My Rainbow

the coca vert sold to a the co-president of the arizona club in phonix for around 5k for what i can remember
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

the one i think i've seen the least of is color code EJ0. thats the gold metallic that was only made in '90. not the rarest made though, just over 1000 (though it is the only color i have not seen in person). my color (QN0 Arctic White Pearl) is a rare color too. About 1300 made, and only 42 slicktops (and only 20 of those were '95s ).

and zlover,

there were 103 z32s in CK2. all were '93, all were vert, and all had the white interior.

Last edited by entropy31; 01-22-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

TT.NET FAQ disagrees with you, but of course they could be wrong (it's just rare). Where are you getting your stats?

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...es/zstats.html
Old 01-23-2009, 10:51 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

http://www.az-zbum.com/cgi-bin/z32registry.pl

seems a bit more accurate, especially considering it provides VINs to back it up.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

I figured it had to be the registry, but I didn't think it was able to search by color. Annoying that he titled the color wrong - I'm pretty sure it was marketed as Cocoa Bronze Metallic (but TT.NET made that same mistake in one of their FAQ's, had it right in a different one).
Old 01-24-2009, 09:56 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
I figured it had to be the registry, but I didn't think it was able to search by color. Annoying that he titled the color wrong - I'm pretty sure it was marketed as Cocoa Bronze Metallic (but TT.NET made that same mistake in one of their FAQ's, had it right in a different one).
quite a few are titled wrong, but the color codes are all that matter.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 AM
F5 Hero

that reminds me i need to check to see if I ever updated the TT on there. I know I did my NA.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:26 AM

TT.NET FAQ disagrees with you, but of course they could be wrong (it's just rare). Where are you getting your stats?

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...es/zstats.html
The TT.NET FAQ is old, WRONG, and severely out dated. Thank goodness someone took it upon themselves (jbender) to get the actual accurate data from the database I created. Learn about the actual rarity of the colors and combinations here:
http://www.j-bender.com/tech/prod/

Originally Posted by entropy31
http://www.az-zbum.com/cgi-bin/z32registry.pl

seems a bit more accurate, especially considering it provides VINs to back it up.
It's the most accurate database that's available. If anyone has access to the Japanese, Canadian, Australian, European versions of the FAST software, I'd LOVE to put it all into the system to provide the global numbers. Until then, we'll just have to settle for the US statistics.

I didn't title **** wrong. I titled them as reported by Nissan's official designations as described in the fiche. What's difficult for some narrow minded in-DUH-viduals to understand is that even though the color description changed in the product brochures, the actual color and color code remained the same. As such, I chose to pull the descriptions from the only place that remained consistent throughout the years.

Originally Posted by entropy31
quite a few are titled wrong, but the color codes are all that matter.
Thank you for somewhat agreeing with me.

I'm sorry that some of you feel I have misrepresented the color of your car. It's not my fault. I chose to go off the "official" Nissan color designation. I realize that some other publications may call it something else. Please understand that.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

lol. Please leave. There's a reason you were accosted from TwinTurbo.NET (the indisputable center of the Z32 world)... nobody likes you. Go back to 3ZC where you belong. Your database is the only semi-worthwhile thing you've done for anybody (and it's hardly useful for anything beyond trivia), and you only come around this forum to promote your own ****. That makes you a self-serving useless *******. With an attitude like that, I regret having both of my Z's in the registry. At least I'm a useful *****. It's like you made that thing to hide the fact that you have no technical (read: useful) knowledge of the Z32.

btw, here's a NISSAN TSB that titles CK2 as "Cocoa Bronze Metallic."
http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/tsb/NTB91-082.pdf

And here's a paint store's list of colors available on 1993 Nissan's...

Notice that the brown is "Cocoa Bronze."

And JBender's page even says that Nissan called it Cocoa Bronze Metallic.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 01-27-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 AM

lol. Please leave. There's a reason you were accosted from TwinTurbo.NET (the indisputable center of the Z32 world)... nobody likes you. Go back to 3ZC where you belong. Your database is the only semi-worthwhile thing you've done for anybody (and it's hardly useful for anything beyond trivia), and you only come around this forum to promote your own ****. That makes you a self-serving useless *******. With an attitude like that, I regret having both of my Z's in the registry. At least I'm a useful *****. It's like you made that thing to hide the fact that you have no technical (read: useful) knowledge of the Z32.
You really ought to take your nose out of the clouds and the stick out of your ***. Maybe then you'd realize that I have never claimed to know much about the Z32. Nor do I ever care to.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Notice my two updates to that post... two credible references calling it Cocoa Bronze.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 01-27-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:46 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

http://www.courtesyparts.com/touch_u....php?cPath=882

/thread.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

That clears it up... CK2 didn't exist! lol

Courtesy Parts has had several colors wrongly named. They call 732 "Black Metallic" when it's "Diamond Black Pearl," and TH1 "Dark Blue" (LOL... so descriptive) when it's "Midnight Blue Pearl."
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i should have been more specific. that was meant to show that even on Nissan factory touch up paint there is a disagreement on what the colors are called. and i know not all possible colors are listed there, it's just an example. the only consistent factor is color codes.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Believe me, I'm not arguing against that. I'm just advocating that most colors had set descriptive names when they were advertised to customers. The names that were on the brochures are the names of the colors... if you tell someone "my car is TH1," they likely will have no idea what that means... say "Midnight Blue Pearl" and without even seeing the color, they'll have an idea of what it is. That's why titles are important. And while "Brown Pearl" and "Cocoa Bronze Metallic" may sound similar, Nissan chose the latter in their ads, and I will respect that as the name of the color.

And ultimately, AZ-ZBum needs to stick to 3ZC and stop hitting up other forums... check his post history on tt.net - he does little more than start ****. And I'm not going to sit here and let the eBadass talk **** like he knows something.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 01-27-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 AM

Wow I came back at a great time.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

By the way, I finally had some time to do some digging...

Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Pr0n Addict

finally! i've never seen a brown z32. only heard rumors lol. i can wait another 19 years until i see another one too
Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM

I've seen brown but I've never seen a purple one.

Quick Reply: Rarest Z32 Colors...