300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Nos?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Tough Guy

Nos?

Anyone use it?

I just got a free kit, wanted to know anyones take on it.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

free is best.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Tough Guy

It is, but, its a fogger system, for a one intake set up.

So do i hook it up with a t split and shoot it dry into both sides, or not bother.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Fan

I've never used it but I wouldn't take a chance of damaging my engine with it. There is a facts page I read about nitrous a while back but I forgot where it is. I think I read it on TT.net. I remember it saying that if you use it only at a certain temperature you should be fine, don't let the bottle get too warm or too cool. I think it was on tt.net.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Tough Guy

Right now. I got it with nos in it. And I have it hooked up to the gauge, and I got a purge valve with it, so basically, im just gonna have it for show, and so the rice kids know i have it, but then get spanked anyway, which is when i tell them that its not hooked up. F!@#ing kids.

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 05-16-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:19 AM
El Viejo

If it's a fogger you'll need 2 nozzles a "T's" and lines. And you must run it wet. Start by calling the mfg tech support and ask what jets to start with. Smallest at first and work up. I strongly suggest you consider a water/alky injection with nitrous. I've been spraying for years and love it, and if done right, is like a liquid supercharger.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Tough Guy

I knew about the lines, and the t's. What my issue was, was running it at all in my car. This is my friends kit, we ran it wet in his firebird, and he was keeping up with a TT, and then we ran it dry in his cavalier. All three are obviously very diffrent cars.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Ruined By Spudz

1st off, NOS is a brand, call it nitrous...

2nd, from what I hear, dry kits hurt your engine, only go w/ wet.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Tough Guy

1st off, what I got was NOS, if you want a picture of the NOS system ill send you one.

2nd, dont voice your opinion if your gonna be a {poo} head about it.

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 05-17-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Ruined By Spudz

Well, ok, go to 300zxclub and start a thread that says NOS and see what happens...

I was telling you what I have heard, I am trying to keep your Z running..not being all messed up from joy riding w/ ur nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssss
Old 05-17-2005, 09:13 PM
El Viejo

Let's start at the beginning. Is the car N/A or TT?
If the kit was designed to be run dry then you can run it dry. But it it was designed to run wet you HAVE TO run it wet.
Now from what I've gathered it is a wet kit, which is fine. I suggest you tap into your intake tubes infront of your throttle bodys and place the nozzles there. Run it's own fuel line and pump so not to lean your injectors. Use a fuel pump designed for carb. engine with a 5-7lb. pressure regulator, and start with the smallest jetting and work up. With water/alky injection you'll be able to run up to 125-150 HP with stock internals. If you want to go higher you'll have to go into the engine and beef it up. There's a guy that run's a 450shot of nitrous in his VG30DE N/A engine but I'd have to look it up to give you the specs. Nitrous is nothing more than adding more oxygen and fuel to a engine like a turbo or supercharger does and if done properlly like a supercharger will give great results and you'll be able to run in the normal mode 99% of the time.