300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM

New Guy

I am in the process of buying a 300zx. I come from the Lexus forum as I am now selling my GS400. I just have a few questions. How much money and time does it take to do a NA to TT swap? What are some differences about the NA vs the TT? How much should I be paying for a NA or a TT? Have any of you had experience with GodSpeed turbos and Dr Z tuning in Westminster?
Thanks in Advance.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Horsepower Mathematician

The difference is about 100hp and wider back wheels, and HICAS which is a rear-wheel steering setup. Then there's the beefier stock internals, I believe beefier differential and a lower differential gear ratio which helps make more use of the turbos. Not sure about the swap times, a few guys here know about that though. As for the price, check your local craigslist/classifieds. It seems to be somewhat location dependent so use your best judgement on this one. Obviously the TT will be more expensive than NA for similarly maintained cars. And if you can afford it up front, I would suggest going straight for a TT model, because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to buy an NA and do the swap for cheaper. Also, unless you're looking for a junker project car, I'd suggest getting one at the highest end of your budget, you'll probably save more money and headaches in the long run.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Ruff Ryder

Just buy a TT, you can generally pick up cheaper ones for about $4k or so. You can always get an auto one and convert it to stick too.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
Just buy a TT, you can generally pick up cheaper ones for about $4k or so. You can always get an auto one and convert it to stick too.
That can be an option. How much time does that take? Do you know about how much I should pay for a manual tranny?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by 818TT
That can be an option. How much time does that take? Do you know about how much I should pay for a manual tranny?
Never done a trans conversion. I paid about $200 for a z32 trans about a month ago though for another project.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 PM

DR Z Tuning in westminster is a scam! He stole parts off my car, did shady maintenance that caused massive failures in my car...he is a liar and a thief. They do drugs in the shop then let people work on your cars that arent mechanics. he is not a trained mechanic. he is a back yard mechanic. he is going to get someone killed! Please please please dont go to him! i have filed a law suit against him, there are several complaints against him with the bureau of automotive repair and the BBB.

please contact me for more details if you wish. PM me