300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Need help again...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:48 PM

Need help again...

I bought LED blinkers to go all around, but after I plugged the rear blinkers up they all stopped working. The front lights turn on as running lights but don't blink. I also don't get the flashing symbol on the dash either. I'm guessing thats just the flash relay. ?

My actual problem is my a/c also stopped working when this happened.
none of it works...no fan, no rec, no auto, nothing comes on at all. I haven't technically "checked" the a/c fuse but I did make sure it was plugged in.
I'm kinda lost, Im not sure how a/c and blinkers are tied together or if this is just coincidence. Any help, helps.
Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Horsepower Mathematician

Sounds like a short circuit or blown fuse problem. What exactly did you install?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rupe
Sounds like a short circuit or blown fuse problem. What exactly did you install?
When all this happened I had just installed two 1156 led bulbs in the rear turn signals. I went to turn the lights on and it blinked one time and then nothing. I now realize that the rear turn signals look like 1157 sockets, not 1156.

AT the time I did not notice my ac not working because I was focused on the blinker issue. When I gave up on the blinkers and started to drive off is when I realized the ac not working.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:38 AM

I had the same issue with the lights when I installed them on my Mazda. I know that L.E.D's (light emitting diodes) only work when installed the right way, meaning current will only flow in one direction. Check to see if you can swap them around. As for the a/c I'm not sure.