300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

factory alarm bypass

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:38 PM

factory alarm bypass

hi all, i was an installer for car audio and security years ago, but am going to put an alrm w/remote start in my 90 300z n/a. I have read on some threads that the factory alarm in these cars can cause alot of problems. can it just be bypassed all together? my factory wiring guid shows that the "oem alrm arm" is blue/red strip and the "oem factory alarm disarm" is gray/red...both located in the drivers kick panel. has anyone ever bypassed these systems and put in their own? thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 AM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

Originally Posted by justinmy300z
hi all, i was an installer for car audio and security years ago, but am going to put an alrm w/remote start in my 90 300z n/a. I have read on some threads that the factory alarm in these cars can cause alot of problems. can it just be bypassed all together? my factory wiring guid shows that the "oem alrm arm" is blue/red strip and the "oem factory alarm disarm" is gray/red...both located in the drivers kick panel. has anyone ever bypassed these systems and put in their own? thanks

To Quote Riz from an earlier post:

If you want to remove the alarm, you can do so without any side affects to the car.
Near the ECU, actually directly in front of it is a brace. On the underside of it is a little box held in by two screws. It'll have a blue relay attached to it. It'll also have it's own wiring harness coming out of it. It should be labeled:
CONT-ASSY
THEFT WARNING
P#
S#
L#

Should be a bunch of numbers in there. So, two screws, two harness and you're done.
Hope that helps.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:36 AM

cool

ok, right on. so just unplug it and thats it huh. thanks
Old 01-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Doesn't post much...

It's funny that this came up, because I was just about to start my own search for this topic. So I have read all the posts about how to disable the factory alarm now. It sounds pretty simple. I'm sure I can do it with no problems and in almost no time at all. All the posts were great in pointing out exactly where the box was in relation to the ECU... Now if I only knew where the damned ECU was?!?!?!? . ... ... ... ... ... Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 01-27-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Doesn't post much...

Ok, seriously... Where the Hell is it? My FSM shows a picture of it, but it doesn't say where it is. I know, I'm an idiot... It's my first Z32 and I have no clue where anything is. The night I picked it up I sat in the car with the motor running for five minutes with the drivers door open trying to figure out where the fargin seatbelt went! Who's idea was it to put it on the damned door?! ... ... ... ... Rod.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:42 PM

floorboard

dude, it is under the pass side floor board. pull the carpet up, remove the 4 10mm nuts....and there it is. the ecu is kinda in the middle and the factory alarm relays and brain are directly above it. p/m me if you need picts J
Old 01-27-2006, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Ok, seriously... Where the Hell is it? My FSM shows a picture of it, but it doesn't say where it is. I know, I'm an idiot... It's my first Z32 and I have no clue where anything is. The night I picked it up I sat in the car with the motor running for five minutes with the drivers door open trying to figure out where the fargin seatbelt went! Who's idea was it to put it on the damned door?! ... ... ... ... Rod.
HA HA HA!!!!!!!! That's too funny man, the seat belt part that is. Don't feel too bad. On the test drive for mine I accidentally hit the toggle for the overdrive...the o.d off light came on in the dash and my first thought was "Oh sh*t....I broke it". Thankfully by the time I made it back to the dealership I figured out what I had done otherwise I would have passed up buying this baby
Old 01-28-2006, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Comorat2x2
HA HA HA!!!!!!!! That's too funny man, the seat belt part that is. Don't feel too bad. On the test drive for mine I accidentally hit the toggle for the overdrive...the o.d off light came on in the dash and my first thought was "Oh sh*t....I broke it". Thankfully by the time I made it back to the dealership I figured out what I had done otherwise I would have passed up buying this baby
lol sounds like me... I was like wtf is this red light coming on at random times... didnt know it tells me when the brake light is on
Old 01-28-2006, 01:07 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

The night I picked it up I sat in the car with the motor running for five minutes with the drivers door open trying to figure out where the fargin seatbelt went! Who's idea was it to put it on the damned door?! ... ... ... ... Rod.
haha, mine is on the pillar.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:18 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

to Rod and all the other "new" Z32 owners

i have a Link Page. Get comfortable with it. Take it home, make it a bed, give it a bowl of milk, let it cuddle with you at night, and unlike a pet, you'll be the one being fed(information that is).

Enjoy the ride.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Doesn't post much...

None of those links happen to mention where the seatbelts are do they? Seriously though. I have in deed spent a great deal of time with the now famous "Riz's Link Page" There is a tone of great and usefull information there. I was shocked to find how little I knew about these things. It's a humbling experience after going so long as an "expert" in all things S130. I swear I could almost disassemble my 280 blindfolded. I have about a 90% success rate in diagnosing problems with that car with my gut instinct. This Z32 is like a whole other planet. I've worked on a few at my shop over the years and spent a lot of time here on the forums reading posts about them, but none of that prepared me for ownership. It's going to be fun. ... ... ... ... ... Rod.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:19 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

None of those links happen to mention where the seatbelts are do they?
actually, i believe i read on one of the links that in 1994 they moved the seatbelts from the door to the pillar. i've been reading through that link page since riz put it up.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:54 PM
F5 Hero

Originally Posted by Aphrodite
lol sounds like me... I was like wtf is this red light coming on at random times... didnt know it tells me when the brake light is on
I thought it meant a brake light was out??
Old 06-15-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by napoleonzheking
I thought it meant a brake light was out??
Yes it does 4 bulbs in the third brake light.. One or more is burned out