300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

emo's dad

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 12:00 AM
confuzed member

Well, here's a good place to unwind. I've been doing it a lot lately. My dad has cancer and is fading quick, so I come here a lot to "unwind."
Old 02-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Originally posted by emo236
Well, here's a good place to unwind. I've been doing it a lot lately. My dad has cancer and is fading quick, so I come here a lot to "unwind."
Now there's a subject worthy of it's own thread.

Wow, sorry to hear. My condolences
Old 02-11-2004, 09:04 AM

sorry to hear that bro. where is the cancer? my condolences Emo
Old 02-11-2004, 01:58 PM

I'm sure words can't describe what you're going through now. I'm sure that I can say this comes from everyone at zdriver, so I would like to extend our deepest sympathies and most heartfelt condolences for you and your family during this unfortunate time.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:51 PM
confuzed member

Thanks guys. My dad has a cancre called multiple myloma. It's cancer of your stem cells (so all your blood cells). Kind of like leukemia is cancer of your white blood cells, this is cancer of all of them. It's a bummer, but I'm getting through and I hope my family will come through too. It sucks not being able to be there, but that's life. Rizz, feel free to make a new thread out of this.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

emo's dad

ok, here ya go.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:43 PM

I know nothing a kid can say will make any pain go away. But bro, my brother told me some good advice whenever my dad was on Interferon and it wasnt sure if his body could take the brutality of it. "Its all worth while, and time goes on"... Its true. Life is not always easy, nor fun, and sometimes you can wonder is it even worth trying if everything we hold dear is just taken from us... But bro, it is worth it. Life changes. When you hit a pot hole, you have two options. Let the pothole stop you, and give up. Or dig for gold and take it with you. There is a learning experience in every trial. Trials are just shaping you for the better man. Its like Leonardo DaVinci once said... "A man once came to me and asked while I was carving David. He asked, Sir how do you do it? I answered simply, David was already there, I am just taking away what is not David. Such as God does with us, as I use chizzels, and hammers, Gods tools are trials."... Just think about that. I am very sorry for your father. And I hope you can find a way to handle it... Its all worth while, time goes on.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:33 PM
confuzed member

yea, that's one thing I've realized. I was reading this book, and it talked about how it's not just enduring that will make us into better people, but enduring with joy. It sucks that my dad will be passing away soon, but, I'm ok with it. I know it's for a reason and me and my family has gotten tons of support...take a look at this post, you guys are awesome thanks.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:48 PM

Just stay strong Emo... we might not live close to you, and we might never see eachother for that matter, but you know that here at Z32 forum you got friends, and that ANY of us would do anything in our power to help you. I know losing a loved one can be painful, i've experienced it...All you can do is stay strong and take care of your family, because family is one thing most of us take for granted. If there is anything i can do please let me know. Our prayers are with you
Old 02-12-2004, 05:01 PM
confuzed member

you know, it's been cool how all of you have come along side me. I didn't even ask you guys to. Owning a Z32 isn't just about owning a car, it's about owninga family that has a special aspect to their lifestyle.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:12 PM

thats why the few of us stick around and post... we enjoy eachothers company and advice. i've been to other forums and this just feel like home. it makes me even happier that i drive a Z32, knowing that guys like you drive it as well
Old 02-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

If you guys are gonna hug, I'm leavin.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:55 PM

I'm sorry to read about your father, man. I wish I could express myself a little better under these circumstances, but I never experienced this kind of pain. I just want to repeat the conforting words everyone else already wrote. My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family. Diego
Old 02-12-2004, 07:27 PM
confuzed member

I don't think it's possible to hug due to the fact that I've never seen his face. And what's wrong with guys hugging? insecure? jk jk. But, i can't say it enough, thanks guys. wrecker, it means a lot that you think that way of me. and it means a lot that you guys are willing to pour out your condolences, especially you, Diego. It's cool that your 21st post is a word of comfort to someone you may not know as well as other's who have posted.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:10 PM

hey man we know these are rough times for you, and after all this is a place where you come hang out, so we know that our support means a lot to you
Old 02-12-2004, 10:46 PM
confuzed member

I let some of my fraternity brothers take a look at this thread and they all thought that it was pretty cool. They've been real supportive and they're in agreement with what you all have to say.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Loves Going Topless

emno236's Dad

Emno236, my dad has the same cancer.Didn't think we'd ever get him up and running after the surgery two and half years ago. Went thru 23 rad treatments.He vacationed in his motor home for 6 weeks last summer, then the protien count went from 1370 to 5740, just did 8 more rads and started chemo yesterday, will do 4 this week and go from there.
Just got him a new Providence motor home in November,was going to Florida before this came back up.
Don't know how old you are but I'm 50, he's 72. We take care of both parents(wife and I). My brother is in Clovis, Ca.No matter how old you are it's hard to see your idle and mentor go down with this. We live in Arkansas. By the way Sam Walton of Wal-Mart fame and Harvey Jones of Jones Truck Lines both had the same cancer. It also manafests in the bone marrow. If your strong and young enough there is bone marrow transplant.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
confuzed member

He's already gone through 2 BMTs. both from his own bone marrow gone through a treatment that cleans out all the myloma cancer cells. I'm 19 almost 20 and my dad is 52. He's young, but he'll be passing away soon. He almost passed away and had an emergency visit to ER. It's not looking good now, but what can one do? The most I can do is be there to help and support my family and father.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Loves Going Topless

Cancer

Emo all you can do is be there and be strong, yes he's young he's my age. I'm sure your dad is to you as mine is to me, hero, friend and mentor. Right now mine is making plans to go to Vegas in April. Don't know if we'll do it or not but we'll still plan it. The last chemo is today, for now at least. It'll be a couple of weeks before we see the effects. They may want to do more rad, don't know yet. He's got us adding extra shelves and stuff to the new motor home. Bet he's got 10 miles on it just pulling it in and out of the shop. Gave up my aircraft work in 73' to come back here and work with my dad and to build our little empire, so we've been side by side for a long time. My brother and I went to Fresno City College, he went on to state and I came back to Arkansas. He's over Fresno County Roads and stuff now.
Regards.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:36 AM
confuzed member

Thanks guys...you guys are really encouraging. And I'm gonna be ok. I live in a fraternity house and all these guys have been there to talk and pray for me whenever I need it. God's been there like crazy for me as well. He's let me know that he's always going to be forming me into a better man. This event in my life is going to make me more into a man than most other things will ever. And tnkr, how long has your bad had myloma? It sounds like he's doing fairly well (considering) b/c I know my dad didn't even have the option of radiation, just heavy heavy chemo. And He would never be able to travel like that....it's good to hear that he might have a pretty good chance. Even if it's just to live his life for a while longer. He's a lucky man to have a son like you. You're rememberance for him will ring just as true as your's will of him.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Loves Going Topless

Da

First showed up almost 3 years ago. A fist sized tumor between shoulder blades with fingers around the spinal column. 9 Hour surgery. Didn't think he'd ever get up again. Like I said he spent 6 weeks in his motorhome and that was the goal..
Old 02-26-2004, 12:37 PM
confuzed member

wait, does your father have multiple myloma? My dad has a blood cancer....no tumors. This cancer is cancer that attacks your stem cells...so that includes your red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:39 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by v0va
i dont even own a z but i come back to this place for all the good people here
Now that's something cool...