300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

door remote.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:31 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

door remote.

just want to make sure the slicktops came with factory door remotes like the rest of the cars in '95 before i spend the cash for one. i'm pretty sure i heard that they do, but i want to be sure. car didnt have one when i bought it and the people never had one (second owners).
Old 01-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Ruined By Spudz

****, I didn't even know they made Slicky's in 95.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:46 PM
F5 Hero

Originally Posted by My Fairlady Z
****, I didn't even know they made Slicky's in 95.
they made them every year but it was less than 500 each year, and only 300 in 96.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

yep, thats right, there were slicktops in '95. now that we have that cleared up, the big question is......did they come with keyless entry like all the others or not??????
Old 02-01-2006, 06:37 AM

The newest Slicktop I have ever seen was a '94. It came with the features common of 94 Zs. So I would assume that a 95 would. The only thing is though I thought that the slicktop cars were considered to be a BASE model with minimal features, unless the purchasing individual asked for it specifically? I know I have NEVER seen a slicktop car with electric seats. But i have seen them airbags both driver and passenger and also I have seen STs with electric airconditioning.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

well, i fiddled with it a little and found out that the drivers side lock is powered. since none of my fiddling showed anything that activated that lock, other than trying to lock the doors from the drivers side while the car is on and the passenger door is open, i am guessing it must be for the keyless entry.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
F5 Hero

Originally Posted by entropy31
well, i fiddled with it a little and found out that the drivers side lock is powered. since none of my fiddling showed anything that activated that lock, other than trying to lock the doors from the drivers side while the car is on and the passenger door is open, i am guessing it must be for the keyless entry.
my 1991 slicktop does that too... You mean were you can move the driver side lock and it locks both sides and stuff? Mine does that, I think that's just their version of "power locks"..... But I DO have keyless entry, but I have an aftermarket alarm in mine as well.....
Old 02-02-2006, 02:33 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

no, i mean there is definately a motor for the drivers side. with the passenger door open and the car on, i locked the doors with the drivers side button, and it unlocked its self, and it was definately a motor that did it.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
F5 Hero

no, i mean there is definately a motor for the drivers side. with the passenger door open and the car on, i locked the doors with the drivers side button, and it unlocked its self, and it was definately a motor that did it.
Yah, when ever I use my passenger side button, it doesn't lock / unlock the driver side.... but when I use the driver side, it does the passenger side. THey are motorized, I think that was just the "power door locks" the car had though.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:33 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

what i'm saying is that because the passenger side button, and anything else that i can find, does not operate the drivers side lock, the only reason to motorize the drivers side would be for a keyless system. motors cost money, and i dont think they would have put one in there for no reason at all. and i believe it was a standard feature on the '94+ cars, and usually standard features are included in even the base model. i think i'll just buy a remote off ebay and give it a try.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 AM
F5 Hero

I know what your saying, i'm saying mine does that too. So what I'm saying is unless someone put the motor in mine when they put my aftermarket in, they COME with that and you might possibly not have a keyless entry system....
Old 02-03-2006, 07:57 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by napoleonzheking
I know what your saying, i'm saying mine does that too. So what I'm saying is unless someone put the motor in mine when they put my aftermarket in, they COME with that and you might possibly not have a keyless entry system....
yes, i understand. and what i am saying is that i dont think nissan would have put a motor there if it wasnt for that. the motor is factory, i know that. there would be no other reason for that motor to be there unless it was for keyless entry.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:05 PM

Well, I dont know about your guy's cars but mine unlocks/locks at different driving conditions, and yet the wiring diagram in my FSM does not show a power door lock actuator for the driver door, but it does for the passenger door... but mines a 90
Old 02-05-2006, 10:57 PM
F5 Hero

yes, i understand. and what i am saying is that i dont think nissan would have put a motor there if it wasnt for that. the motor is factory, i know that. there would be no other reason for that motor to be there unless it was for keyless entry.
Yes there would be a motor, for power door locks.......
Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Loves Going Topless

Solenoid not a motor.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Yes there would be a motor, for power door locks.......
yes, but on many cars with power door locks, especially 2 door cars, the drivers door is not powered, because they figure that is the door that the car will be locked from. on cars that the drivers door is powered, you can lock all the doors from other places besides just the drivers side. this is not the case on the Z, which leads me to believe that the reason they powered the drivers side is for keyless entry. i am NOT stating this as fact, as i have no concrete evidence. however, based on the evidence that i do have, i am making an educated guess, since nobody else seems to know for sure. i think i might just get a remote and give it a try.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:53 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

well, it's confirmed, 1995 slicktops have keyless entry. got a remote off ebay for $40. programmed in no time. i am happy.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Doesn't post much...

I guess they had to do something to make up for not having t-tops...

Rod.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:43 PM
F5 Hero

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
I guess they had to do something to make up for not having t-tops...

Rod.
I think that was making them less weight, totally more cool, and potentially faster bc of the weight factor P)
Old 02-21-2006, 02:34 PM

I think that was making them less weight, totally more cool, and potentially faster bc of the weight factor P)
Add that with all the sticker decals available and you will have one hella fast car!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:09 PM

T Tops are over rated. Give me a slick top any day
Old 02-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
T Tops are over rated. Give me a slick top any day
You only say that because at this very moment you're living in a part of the country with crappy weather and you're most likely freezing your butt off. There's nothing like taking off the t-tops and cruising up and down the coast on a nice warm sunny day...

Rod.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:17 PM

Ah but Rod, I'm back in California. I aint in VA anymore (atleast until I can work something out with the court). And on top of that I've only lived outside of CA for the past year or so. I just like the look of the slick top more than the t top models. It's not the acual function that sway's my decision. But yeah, I wouldn't dream of taking my tops off in VA. And I do admit, the tops were growing on me at first. I never really liked the way they looked. But then I saw a slick top and thats when I definitely decided that I prefered the slick top models. It's just too bad they're so hard to find.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:56 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i dont miss t-tops at all. leaky pain in the *** is all they were on the z31. and when the shade clips fell off the sun came through right to my eyes. i rarely took them off even when i lived in San Diego. it was nice every now and then for a long drive, but i would'nt bother on most drives. every time i stopped anywhere i would have to put them back on cause there was no way i was going to leave my car open. but i'll take the weight and rigidity benefits of a slicktop any day.

Quick Reply: door remote.