300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

blwo off valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Old Polish Lady Lover

Location: Cheektowaga, NY...land of nothing but a mall and 10,000 old Polish ladies
any aftermarket BOV is going to have that louder sound than stock will...and a beautiful sound it is. and to the very best of my knowledge, just about all aftermarket BOV setups are better than stock ones, but just about any turbo car...especially when you're running more boost than stock. stock bov's are made for stock boost...aftermarket bov's extend life of turbos...and the hks ssqv setup is exactly what i'm looking into getting within a month...i liked the greddy type s until i realized they only come in universal fit, and then learned of their horrible history of boost leakage...
Old 04-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Fan

Originally Posted by Cessna172Flyer
hey sup all. well, i got a quick question and i jus want ur opinions. I got a 420 hp 1993 300zx twin turbo wit a stock blow-off valve. im gettn about 15 pounds of boost. i want to get a hks ssqv blow off valve installed, however, i heard that it is better to keep the stock one on cuz it helps out the turbos in some way. unfortunatle, i do not exactly remember what the details on it were but he also said that it was a personal preference. i want to kno wut u guyz or girls think. also, will the new blow off valve make the sound louder? any help or opinions would b appreciated. latezzz
Our cars have recirc valves stock, not blow off valves. They just recirculate air back into the intake instead of venting it to the atmosphere. They don't make a blow off sound but more like a honk(some do, mine did). If you want to save money, you can just stick with the recircs as you won't really need the blow off valves unless you go with bigger turbos and run alot of boost. If you really want the blow off valves then get them. The HKS BOV kit is $580 and is what I put on my car. You can try using the search funtion at the top of the page next time as many topics have been already discussed.

Last edited by ZXDude90; 04-06-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:30 PM
turboZdriver

how hard is it to install the hks ssqv in the z? im looking into getting them. its a set of 2 for the twin turbo right? im looking into getting hybrid t28 turbos.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Fan

Originally Posted by pearly whites
how hard is it to install the hks ssqv in the z? im looking into getting them. its a set of 2 for the twin turbo right? im looking into getting hybrid t28 turbos.
It's easy and yes the kit comes with two. Here's a good wrietup on SPL's site on the ssqv's.

http://www.splparts.com/doc/HKSBOV/default.htm