300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Anyone in sacramento want to help out a Z lover?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:19 AM

Anyone in sacramento want to help out a Z lover?

Hey guys, I'm contemplating buying a Z32, but I am unsure if it would be a good car for me. The car suits my every need, but I am curious of how spacious the interior is, and how the car drives in total. If anyone in the sacramento area would be willing to let me test drive their Z32 so that I can get a feel for the car and be totally sure that's what I want to pursue, I would appreciate it greatly. I live over in Elk Grove/Sacramento, and I would be willing to drive to you in order to test drive your vehicle.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:43 PM

I used to live in Stockton and have been a California boy most of my life. I bought my Z from Roseville Toyota 6 years ago and love it, hell I'll even go so far as to say it was worth the ungodly dealer markup I paid. Now then, onto relevent facts:

I am 6' 6" tall and currently an overweight, but still dead sexy, 325 lbs. My car is a 1993 N/A 2+2. I have room to stretch out fully and have even slept in my car with the seat leaned back. Nobody is sitting behind me, ever, but the rear seats in a Z were never ment for people anyways I don't think. My wife loves riding in teh car with me as the ride is smooth and reasonably quiet. The stock stereo system is great. The car handles like a dream for me. I have kept everything stock but even so it accelerates fast, brakes well, corners like it's on rails and manages to do this in all weather conditions....save for ice and snow (duh). I should mention that applicable speed rated tires are a must, you go cheap there and I can't tell you whats going to happen.

Now the down sides: It IS a sports car. You WILL put 91 in the gas tank, you WILL look under the hood every few weeks and check for things that have vibrated loose, you WILL get crappy gas milage in stop and go traffic, you WILL overheat in the summer if you're stupid about having the AC cranked when it's 110 out and you are stuck on the highway and you WILL want to dodge pot holes and speed bumps because your car is looooow to the ground.

If that sounds like a reasonable trade for having a car that is more fun to drive than anything you've ever had under your butt and will draw waves, grins and thumbs-up from people you've never met then a Z is most definately for you.

A labor of love doesn't even begin to describe it but every drop of sweat you put into your Z is worth it when you fire it up and dance around everybody else stuck in the slow lane.

And no, you can't drive my car. Don't take it personally though, my wife can't either
Old 04-23-2006, 11:23 AM

lol, thanks comorat. I'm 5'4", so I think I'll fit.