300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

7 psi ?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

... on the side of the transmission, toward the top. Search twinturbo.net - there's a great picture detailing the location of each of the three sensors on the transmission.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Sam

Oh well i don't have time to do so since im jut going now camping for a few days.. hopefully by sunday i would be back and take my z32 back from the garage since i am changing the front shock absorbers and the four springs since the previous dumbass owner used the welder to heat up the springs to lower the car and now they look and sound like ****...
Old 09-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Über User

randy, rear wheel steering on any car is a piece of **** and i will fight you over it in person next time i see you hahaha. jk. but really. it was honestly a reason to cram more sophisticated yet useless crap into a 90's era car and add weight to it. the electronic hicas who cares about it, but hydraulic is just asking for disaster. I would remove it (hydraulic or electronic) the moment it fails, otherwise i wouldn't bother with it.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

In ALL of my years in the Z32 community (approaching a decade now), I have seen a whopping 1 hydraulic HICAS system fail. It is not a problematic system, nor is it a bad system. It WILL help all but the most talented drivers corner with more control, change lanes with more stability, and emergency maneuver with more control.

In fact, Luke Pavlick at Tire Rack, a man who owned and daily drove a Z32 that he tracked FREQUENTLY (as in, nearly weekly) on Tire Rack's proving grounds flat out told me that he LOVED HICAS, and the only reason he would ever remove it is weight savings. Considering he ran faster lap times with a stock-turbo'ed Z32TT than an entire NSX fan club (a car championed for its handling), I'd say HICAS does just fine.

By the way, you don't buy a GT car for its featherweight stature. If you want light, you buy a sports car. The 300ZX is a GT car that's meant for comfortable driving, while still being able to pull your face off with acceleration and handling.

P.S. Eric - I accepted the job offer in Chicago and I will be moving back within the upcoming weeks. Know any apartment complexes in the south suburbs with a garage?

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 09-01-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Über User

like legitimate garages? not really man. I do get a book called apartments that will tell me of those but seems most of the places to live are more westside than south. and what were you thinking as in south? like oaklawn/justice? or could you get a little further away from the city than that?

also, im suprised the hicas in the Z32 is that reliable. I always hear of them failing on the old mitsus haha. I still think they are a marketing scheme for the companies to add on more fancy crap that just added weight. lol.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

There's a video somewhere showing two Z32s overlayed, one TT, one NA, changing lanes and taking curves... HICAS makes a good difference. (You can get G35 coupes with a HICAS derivative, too...)

And you did not just compare Nissan to Shitsubishi...

I'd go as far out as Orland Park, Lemont, Lockport, or west toward Naperville and Willowbrook (that's where I'm finding most apartments so far). I don't want to go further from downtown than those, though.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Über User

I just noticed the thread on chiZ after i posted here first, so i'll end thread jack and talk over there. but naperville would be cool, and that's also where i see alot of stuff, the west side. however plainfield doesn't advertise much it is pretty damn affordable. talk to a real estate agent, they know the lesser known crap that is hard to find on the internet and in the books.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Sam

I just came back from camping and i put 4 coilovers to replace my old suspension system..

anyway i got the resistor to do the detonation sensor bypass however in the how to article they say reset the ECU.. ive found out different opinions abt it such as leaving the battery cable off for around 30 mins (however they say that it doesnt clear error codes) and the 25 starts from stop this will clear the error codes anyway i'm confused !
just before i do the resistor trick i should reset the ECU... In simple words, how do i do that ? will unplugging the battery for 30 mins do fine ?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes. It doesn't even have to be 30 minutes. The ECU has no way to maintain memory for extended periods without a power supply.

25 starts from a stop won't do a damn thing to reset the ECU. lol
Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Über User

What he said^^^

I'd disconntect the positive cable from the battery, do the resistor trick install, by the time that is done it should be enough time, connect it, start it, try it.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Sam

Dude i'm not inventing it...
someone in the australian zx owners asked how does he reset his ECU and he got a reply of "leave battery disconnected for over 1 hour. This however, only clears the self learn. It does not clear any error codes"
another reply : "Easiest way is to find someone with datascan / conzult.

Alternatively start the car from off 25 times. 25 starts with no error codes clears any earlier error codes.

Firstly though, you should can check what error codes you have. You can do this with a paperclip in the ECU plug near the bonnet release lever. I think there is an article on this in the Tech Section."

Anyway i'm gona disconnect the battery.. easiest way lol
Anway any opinion about the TwinZ front bumper ?

Last edited by Sam; 09-08-2010 at 09:23 AM.