300ZX (Z32) Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis for the 90-96 300ZX

Would these rims go good on a Z32?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM

Would these rims go good on a Z32?

I'm looking for some aggressive , mean looking rims and so far I've only found a couple to my liking. Has anyone here have put Deep Dish Cobra R Rims on A Z? Where there any fitment issues? Looked better if dropped, spacers? What tires would be recommended with these rims?
All feedback would help, thank you(:

Black Deep Dish Mustang ® Cobra R Wheels 18x9 10" inch 2005 2013 18 inch Rims | eBay
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Deep Dish Cobra R Rims On A Z32?

Have any of you guys tried this? I would love to put them on but worried about fitment, there front wheel is 18x9 +24 offset , 5.95 back space
While there rear is 18x10+ 22 offset with a backspace of 6.37
Bolt pattern 5x4.5?(5x114.3)
Would you recommend these rims? Look wise and fitment wise? Would I need spacers? What tires should I get with these but not to make them stick out so much either cause that looks nasty. Lol
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Horsepower Mathematician

I do like the look of those, most 5 thick-spoke wheels are pretty nice on the Z32. The front wheels will fit no problem but I'm pretty sure the rears will stick out too much. You could always do some stupid hellaflush crap and camber the **** out of the rears to make them fit, but I don't suggest that. You could pull the fenders too, I think that's a better option if you insist on using those particular wheels. 114.3 bolt pattern is right, and don't forget about the hub centric rings (66mm). What about going 18x9+24 all around?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rupe
I do like the look of those, most 5 thick-spoke wheels are pretty nice on the Z32. The front wheels will fit no problem but I'm pretty sure the rears will stick out too much. You could always do some stupid hellaflush crap and camber the **** out of the rears to make them fit, but I don't suggest that. You could pull the fenders too, I think that's a better option if you insist on using those particular wheels. 114.3 bolt pattern is right, and don't forget about the hub centric rings (66mm). What about going 18x9+24 all around?
Yeah that's what I dont want, to make so manyadjustments , I kinda just want a plug and play sort of deal lol yeah ima ask if they can send me the 18x9 front ones all around,
If they do, should I put spacers or put on lowering springs? Or keep the same?(:
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Horsepower Mathematician

Originally Posted by DeezNutZ32
If they do, should I put spacers or put on lowering springs? Or keep the same?(:
I would start with the wheels, once they're on with tires and all you'll have a pretty good idea of where you want to go from there. I'm into lowering (not some ridiculous amount) but if you don't know already there tends to be more work involved than just getting shorter springs due to the nature of the suspension design. As for spacers, if you really feel the need for them after you see your setup (after lowering too of course), you have to make sure you get hub centric spacers. If you get those regular "floating" spacers, your wheels are almost guaranteed to vibrate because they're not centered properly on the hub which could potentially lead to your wheel flying off due to the excessive stresses it puts on your studs and lug nuts.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 AM

I would start with the wheels, once they're on with tires and all you'll have a pretty good idea of where you want to go from there. I'm into lowering (not some ridiculous amount) but if you don't know already there tends to be more work involved than just getting shorter springs due to the nature of the suspension design. As for spacers, if you really feel the need for them after you see your setup (after lowering too of course), you have to make sure you get hub centric spacers. If you get those regular "floating" spacers, your wheels are almost guaranteed to vibrate because they're not centered properly on the hub which could potentially lead to your wheel flying off due to the excessive stresses it puts on your studs and lug nuts.
Okay, thank you for all this info, it made me more info dent on what to buy and be aware of!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 AM

Wait one more quick question!(x
I found these that are perfect in size that come all the way around everything matches up besides the hub size, will this bit make them fit now
There the exact same wheel just from another website.
Mustang® Cobra 98 Deep Dish Wheels
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Horsepower Mathematician

Sorry I don't really understand your question. I just noticed though those are 17" not 18", not sure if you realized that.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM

Sorry I don't really understand your question. I just noticed though those are 17" not 18", not sure if you realized that.
These are the original rims that were 18
Black Deep Dish Mustang ® Cobra R Wheels 18x9 10" inch 1994 2004 18 inch Rims | eBay

But then I noticed these other ones from the other website that are 17x9 all around , so it'd be better to get these since they're not to wide either but the hub size are 70 I believe and you said 66mm is what fits, would that be a problem?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Horsepower Mathematician

Originally Posted by DeezNutZ32
but the hub size are 70 I believe and you said 66mm is what fits, would that be a problem?
It normally wouldn't because you can buy hub centering rings that you press into the back of the wheel to kind of convert it to the right hub size. The thing is I did a quick ebay search for 70.6 to 66.1 mm rings (you have to be that precise) and so far I haven't seen anything. Try searching online in other places, maybe even a local shop can help you out with that.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 PM

It normally wouldn't because you can buy hub centering rings that you press into the back of the wheel to kind of convert it to the right hub size. The thing is I did a quick ebay search for 70.6 to 66.1 mm rings (you have to be that precise) and so far I haven't seen anything. Try searching online in other places, maybe even a local shop can help you out with that.
Oh damn! Il look around and see if I could find something to make it happen,
Thank you so much for the help bruh ! You have given me a lot of insight! Thanks a lot once again!(:
Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Horsepower Mathematician

No problem. Hope it all works out for you, post some pictures once you've gotten your wheels etc