300ZX (Z32) Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis for the 90-96 300ZX

Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 07:58 PM

Suspension help

1993 n/a 2+2

my suspension definitely needs some attention. my bushings are rotted. pulls hard to the right. alot of sqeaks and creaks.

i'm a college kid. i don't necessarily want to spend my money on a ton of expensive upgrades. this is more or less a safety concern because of how crappy the car handles right now. i want to replace my tension rods and bushings. i'm not gonna worry about subframe right now unless you guys suggest otherwise.

i was looking at some of the bushing sets by hyper flex on ebay. would something like that suffice?

for tension rods, megan racing and godspeed. are either one of these okay or do you guys suggest something better for the money?

i'm saving up for tanabe springs and kyb's cause those are shot on my car too.

is there anything else that i should be looking at to make sure my suspension is up to snuff?

again, i don't have too much money right now, however, if i'm going to replace the parts on my car i don't mind getting better aftermarket parts even if they are slightly more expensive.

thanks guys
Old 03-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

lol You talk about safety and then proceed to shop at eBay, the flea market of the internet. Here's my advice: STOP SHOPPING AT EBAY FOR PARTS FOR YOUR 300ZX.

www.splparts.com
www.powertrix.com

Those are the ONLY suspension products you should be putting on your car.

As for bushings, the Energy Suspension kit is a good choice. But stay away from brands like Megan Racing and Godspeed - they are cheap for a reason... cheap materials, cheap craftsmanship, and low quality control.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 03-27-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
lol You talk about safety and then proceed to shop at eBay, the flea market of the internet. Here's my advice: STOP SHOPPING AT EBAY FOR PARTS FOR YOUR 300ZX.

www.splparts.com
www.powertrix.com

As for bushings, the Energy Suspension kit is a good choice. But stay away from brands like Megan Racing and Godspeed - they are cheap for a reason... cheap materials, cheap craftsmanship, and low quality control.

why should he stay away from megan racing if they are a HUGE sponser for some of the top drivers in formula drift and many gymkana events? i know many people that use megan, and they are actually very good products. I do not know about godspeed however. Megan is probably the best bang for your buck coilover.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:46 PM

Just because they are a sPonsor "the top drivers" in formula one doesn't necessarilly mean that a single one of their parts is on their car... They could have supplied lots of money and a trailer...
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life

www.splparts.com
www.powertrix.com

I'll add UAS (from AUS) to that list considering they use the same parts they sell on their race cars.

For cheapness, would you buy a new $200 bolt in roll bar on ebay because the company sponsored an event or class? Sponsorship is about money, nobody gives a **** about the product they sell or it's quality, just the money.