300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Window track pin

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:28 PM

Window track pin

Hey, what's up guys. I had a little problem when driving at high speed. I would hear a windy noise coming from my driver side window. I finally gave a little push and noticed that it had some play in it. Do any of you guys know how to get to the backside of that pin on the window (the one that gets a little oblong dust halo around it if you haven't washed your car in a little bit)? Also, I am probably going to have to go spelunking in the door panel to find the end piece. Any thoughts on how to make this as easy as possible? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:59 PM

eh I have opposite problem ... the pin is broken off the passenger window which works/seals fine and the one on my drivers side window keeps popping out leaving a small gap at the top
Old 02-07-2006, 09:10 PM

And, this helps me how? Just kidding. I am fortunate that I only have one that is screwed (pun intended). Basically, I know that I will have to take the molding off of my door. That is ok and all, but I have no idea how to take that plastic part off of the high-rear part of the door. Hopefully somebody chimes in with an answer. As it would help us both. I guess I could wing it. But, I really don't want to break it. There isn't anything that shows sign of entry. I've aked around at the other sites. Hopefully I'll get an answer. But, I'll take a look in my trusty Nissan Maint. Guide and see if I can post a fix for it. Gimme a few days. Aaight!

Last edited by jaffi; 02-07-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:58 PM

best I could find lol... ive just been too lazy to take mine apart, but I imagine it shouldnt be that hard
Door Diagram
Side Window Info
Old 02-09-2006, 05:28 PM

Yeah, I have the Maint. Guide, but have been too lazy to find the damn thing. I'll try to figure it out and post something. If I ever get off of my ***, that is.