300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Just got my first 300zx!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:39 AM

Just got my first 300zx!

I traded my 1999 10th anniversary miata for a 1994 300zx with 500 cash on top.
A few comments about me and my car:

I'm 19. I have 500 dollars to spend on the car as of now. I want a red theme in the interior. The car is black on the outside.
My main concerns:

-The front bumper

The front bumper is cracked, scratched, and partially disconnected. I'm a guy that like for his car to be asthetically at peace. I definitely want to fix this. What would be the cheapest, and most effective way for going about fixing this?

Seats: It's a 2-seater. The seats aren't in the best condition, and I'm looking to get some new ones. I am going to be fixing up the interior of the car, and want a red theme. Any suggestions on the seats I should get?

The steering wheel and steering column: The steering wheel is a momo racing steering wheel. The horn doesn't work, and the blinker doesn't auto-correct after making a turn. How much am I looking at for a steering wheel? Pref. red.

Door panels: The interior door panels are in decent shape. Although, I'd definitely like to replace them. Again, with a red theme. Suggestions on where to get them, what to get, and how much I'm looking to spend?

That's it for now. The hood has a small spot of chipped paint, the hatch has sun-wear, and fading paint, the doors look good, the front fenders need paint touch ups, and it has infinity rims.

As your new fellow Z-goer, I'd just like to know everyone's experience, and suggestions as to how I should go about doing this. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Welcome to ZDriver! Pick up a freebie factory service manual (FSM) at XenonZ32.com Reference along with the other cool docs. Note that not all the Z32 manuals are available at this point - but the similarities among them are good.

My suggestion for used parts (your budget isn't quite at the 'buy it brand new' level...) check out car-part.com. Enter your info and sort the results by distance from your zip. If parts are close, drive there and check out the corpse right there at the recycler's yard. Negotiating price is cool in person, too. You may or may not get body parts in the color you want - so find a buddy who can do the paint or teach you how to do it.

Take your time and work along as your budget allows. Restoring a Z to the level you really want it is fun and rewarding.

ZDriver has forums (wtb) for asking other users for parts you need or want. Use those, too. And there's Ebay with its Money Back Guarantee now. Read the parts posts there carefully and watch out for parts advertised without saying whether they work or not - or are in perfect condition. Keep copies of all correspondence with your sellers.

Right now, do yourself a favor here. Sign in, go to User CP menu (upper left), click Edit Signature and add your Z model, year, shifter, turbo or NA, etc. Saves you having to add it to every post. (Guys here go crazy if you don't lock your Q to your specific Z every time you post...And they just ignore questions without enough info) Then click Edit Avatar and add a little Z pic under your nick. Is that cool?

To post photos, sign in, click Post Reply, click on that little paper clip to the right of the smiley face at the top of the text space, locate your photos, click Upload, click Submit Reply, you’re done!

Welcome aboard! - and please post some pics of your new baby. Everybody likes the pics and will have suggestions and pointers! Thanks.

Last edited by zxguy1986; 11-14-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:07 PM

Welcome and Wheres ya pics?
this is my first and only (so far ) Z
has the tt bumper
na Name:  333761696_zps27842c6f.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  333761891_zpse723fee5.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  75.4 KB
Name:  333761795_zps658c9869.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  77.7 KB
Old 11-19-2014, 06:44 AM
Horsepower Mathematician

Very clean - nice. What are those wheels? They look quite good!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rupe
Very clean - nice. What are those wheels? They look quite good!
stock 17's off a r34skyline