300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Exotic Z..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:40 PM

Exotic Z..........

I was thinking last night while trying to get some sleep.... A Z is a pretty exotic looking machine. Tell me what you think Rizz. But I need some help on where to locate the parts.

1. HUGE wing on the back
2. 17.5 - 12 in back, 17 - 9 in front UAS racing wheels
3. Nice body kit, give me some good ideas (HELP)
4. Scissor style doors
5. I saw these tailights that look like they are of a Ferrari, they are just two lights on each side, instead of WHOLE sections. (HELP)
6. Prejector headlights
7. Lexan the back window, with two scoops molded in
8. SPARCO interior
9. BIG pipes out the back
10. VQ30DETT(Y33 GLoria), its a more efficient version of the VG, fits better too, more exotic, high compression, bored sound.

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by NISMO LMR; 08-09-2003 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Sounds great and quite feasible. My only objection is the very ricey and unecessary wing. Beyond, that the most outstanding part is the engine choice. Good research and interesting choices. Since we're going exotic here, how bout the abflug brand body kits? Jdm Hid projectors, Jdm sparco interior, and for the wheels anything really lightweight would be great. I really like the new 5-spoke Nismo rims by Rays Engineering. I've seen the scissor (Lambo) doors done on a Z. Doesn't seem to take anything away from it, although I wonder if any mods had to be done to anything electical in the door to make it work. Just imagine the driver's door, Power&defrosting mirror, power window driver and passenger's side and the speaker. That's a lot of wire. I dunno, just has me worried. The Ferrari-looking lights is just a panel that overlays the back. If you wanna change the look of the back end, why not give it a skyline look? The hatch, while it's a source of much weight, for our car also gives it its distinctive look and aerodynamics. I actually saw someone who replaced the whole rear hatch with a plexi-/fiberglass monstrosity. Not only was it not shaped like the original, it made it look like a slight larger Pulsar NX. Although he claimed 150lbs. lost, I'd rather keep the sexy lines of my car than save a measly few pounds. I like the look of dual tips from each muff. The big canister look is out and doesn't necessarily guarantee big power. I does guarantee however that you shouldn't try back into a parking space with concrete stops or sidewalk.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:42 AM

Yea, I know it takes **** loads of work to get those Lambo doors right. Lots of parts to be machined, lots of welds to be done. I think some 4 door r33 Skyline taillights would fit in VERY nicely, they are the same dimensions almost, just would need to have some body work done around the edges. Z's often look exotic enough with the huge monsterous wing, take John Pellingtons Unique Auto Sports Fairlady Z(uniqueautosports.com), it is one of the nicer Z's I have ever seen. As for the wheels, they look as if they belong on a Le Mans racer, they look VERY similar to the R33 LMR version. Im working on some photoshop to see how this thing will look, I'll give you a look when im done. peace
Old 08-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I'm still waiting.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:02 PM

My design computer(with photoshop, premeire, form Z, and such) has been down for sometime now, it is in the repair shop, it''ll be back in a week. So i'll get you then. peace man