300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Best HID Kit Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:03 AM

Best HID Kit Help

I'm looking to upgrade my 93 NA to some HID lights soon and after looking at so many real and fake kits it now seems hard to pick a good one for the right price. Some sell for cheat and some are over priced. Has anyone upgraded to HID and is happy with their purchase that they would recommend to buy from that company again. Aslo which would you recommend 5000k,8000k,10000k ECT.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
The Evil Twin

I wanted a mild upgrade for my Nissan Frontier truck but didn't want to blind people or have to mess with relays and such. I bought an inexpensive HID kit for the stock housings from DDM Tuning.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

I've been using the kit for a couple weeks now. It works great and plugged right in really quick. I bought the 6000k. The more white you go, the more light output you get for the given wattage. More blue/purple gives less light.

Since you have proper projectors in your car the 55w would likely be ok. I'm not sure if relays to power them would be necessary.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Yea the blue and purple look cool and all but that's not for me. I can't stand people that have them on the streets all I see is rice could out their exhaust lol. Thanks I'll take a look at them.