300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Oh! Image code is on? Let me show you what I did today...

Old 10-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Distinquished Guest

Oh! Image code is on? Let me show you what I did today...

After a rocky start with an new Spearco intercooler that didn't have the tabs drilled and tapped, the day went well, and I got a lot done.

Ran the fuel lines to and from the tank... Looks NASTY

There is not much to it.. This is the pump and it's specs. It's "always on" , from a switch hidden in the cabin. The fuel departs the tank via one of the outlets in the aftermarket tank sump. It's filtered prior to the pump then goes directly to a y-block that feeds both of the fuel rails. The return from the fuel rails is regulated and the unused portion goes back to, and re-enters the tank through the the other (I guess I should say "inlet") threaded holes in the sump.

I don't think there is a performance advantage as opposed to using a walbro or z32tt sender, but from this point forward, it's easy to work on, and the intimidation factor just increased eleventeen precent.

Another angle...

Plumbed a Y-block to feed both rails, then ran the return through the FPR on it's way back to the tank.

Plumbed the fuel rails and tucked away some of the rats nest of wires that was accumulating...

Oh! And that intercooler is now drilled, tapped, and loosely attached to the car. Thank you 1SickZ for the comeback this morning.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:37 PM

Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the dyno pull
Old 10-04-2004, 10:09 AM

That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when it's done.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:17 PM

It is looking awesome. I can't wait to see what it does. Where did you get your spearco intercooler I am still looking for a decent price so if you could tell me where you got it I would be most appreciative.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Distinquished Guest

RoadRaceEngineering was my vendor of choice. They were about $100 less than Turbonetics, however, if I were to have a 2nd time around, Turbonetics would get that extra $100 for the ease of doing business.

Oh! BTW, don't let anyone sell you Spearco tanks with Griffin core unless you're willing to sacrafice some performance to save a little. There are vendors out there who will do that in a New York heartbeat.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:59 AM

Thanks. My Z is apart also Im going to actually throw the same radiator you have in since I am having heat issues, I am installing the intercooler, an aquamist system and a 90 amp altenator. I am also doing suspension technique sways and springs, blisten struts and shocks, Z32 front calipers, cusco front and rear strut bars, LSD, prothane polyurethane bushings, and specialty shop solid x-member mounts and solid diff mount. I have most of the parts sitting around the garage and I just need to get the time to start the install. I'm loving your car hopefully I will get to see it in person. If you can we are having another ZDAYZ at Fontana village driving the tail and if the car is up to it you should bring it by.