300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Help Please!

I did a stupid thing and drove my 84na through what I thought was a puddle of water. It turned out the puddle was 1.5 feet deep. You know the rest of the story. The good news was that it did not bend any pushrods. The bad news is that the mechanic has replaced the ECU twice and still cannot get the fuel pump to power on or any spark to the engine. He has checked all the grounds and power points and found them to be good. Any recommendations? This car is my "baby", since I bought it new in November 1983. I would like to get it back on the road if possible. Your suggestions would be most appreciated.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:25 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

your car has no pushrods. if your mechanic told you it did, find a new mechanic.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:05 PM

Sorry, that may not have been exactly what he said. The engine turns over nicely, and it shot mucho water out of the spark plug ports after he removed the spark plugs. We are stumped as to what might be the root cause of no fire or fuel pump action. I am thinking that it is most likely a connection that got wet and is still damp?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:10 PM

My 84na is ALIVE!

Turned out to be the relay that controls power to the ECCS for Fuel Injection which is located in the fender wall behind the battery. I did end up firing my mechanic, as he could not get the car running.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
geez, dude--NEVER get these babies wet--they are witches--they melt in water------i have one that will not start for 2 dayz after a good rain.............yes, it is now repaired............glad ya got a different wrench......
Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Ruff Ryder

i rally'd my z32 and z31 through quit a few LARGE puddles and quit a few back roads, back in the day, no problems with mine, but old and cracked connectors also kinda suck..