300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Helllllp crazy electrical maybe fuel related?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 11:43 AM

Helllllp crazy electrical maybe fuel related?!

A wk ago, car didnt want to start. Ran heavy and sounded like **** bogging and dying. tested injectors 3 weren't ticking. 3 were. Ome of the transitors in the computer quit. Quick fixed it. Instead of 3 on one circuit n 3 on another they are now all on one and pulsing together. Other day car threw some belts, went crazy, (when alt fan belt snaps all my dash lights come on volts stay low and did before that happened, and wants to over heat of course..) Towed it home. Easy fix, on test run it starts fine. Sounds good. Goes a few miles. But foot on gas to the floor will bog it and shake ya like a newbie on a clutch. Nack and forth then level out for a second while your easy on the gas. But dont expect to make it past 45 mph. So I have to lightly press gas n sometimes clutch to catch it and proceed slowly in low rpms. ( Mind you this is something it has always done. Usually park it for a day amd starts fine. I always blame relays getting moisture or something. Its a ghost chase ) Did so a few miles and it quits altogether. Turning key over it turns but not over. Won't catch. New start alt all the regulars of an old car, change fuel filter monthly. When I turn it over I listen for the fuel pump to kick on. It does. And then sounds like it declines and fizzles out. My issue with that is fuel pumps go out of they don't. Its always acted up like that every other month or so. But can never track it down. Bc when I try to find the issue it runs like a dream. Now its parked and I'm running through connections at my wits end.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:14 PM

Update

Checked codes on ecm and its throwing 11- crank angle sensor. Hopefully that smooths alot out
Old 05-14-2019, 10:12 AM

Ugh

Thinking its been the ecu this whole time bc it wouldn't get power earlier. Back and forth now none at all. dont know why it would still throw an 11. The problem with the sputtering and dying mid driving out of nowhere lose power and wait a few hours n cranks right up matches diagnostics with a CAS but now with the finally quit.. Thinking also that was the issue with the fuel injectors last wk bc they quit out of nowhere too.. Used to think it was the cold or rain. That made it occasionally quit like that, condensation on relays or something or so I tried to convince myself . Maybe once ever other month the last year Its thrown a fit for a day then ran like a dream once I went back to it. .. Always chasing a ghost. Now its totally given up. Anyone got any tips or sites to check into? I had a fair priced oem site (yeah right I know) but ive lost the link