300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Engine Rebuild / Part II

Old 01-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Distinquished Guest

Engine Rebuild / Part II

I've made a little more progress and, of course, took a few more pics.

As previously stated, I had some issues with the JWT not running too well in the lower RPM range. Part of the problem may have been a few sensors I chose to omit from the system, an idle control valve I also thought I could do without by obtaining idle air through a slightly opened throttle body, and probably the wrong o2 sensor. Before putting the engine back into the bay, I've got to get a handle on these things and do the required wiring to make Mr. Wolf a happy 'puter.

Almost Completed: Missing the upper intake (with new idle control valve), a few sensors, and some clamps.

Modified Crank Pulley: This is the aluminum Unorthodox Racing pulley. I have trimmed it down to the only belt groove I need. I notched and painted the timing marks. Stevie Wonder could adjust the timing on this engine.

Modified Water Pump Pulley: Pure stock Nissan that I cross drilled. It is some lighter, but, mainly done for the looks.

Alternator Pulley: Again, cross drilled to keep the theme alive.

Turbo Oil Return: I'm not sure this will make the final cut. It is a hard line up to within an inch of the oil pan nipple, and high temp silicon finishes the route. It's wrapped with insulation, then shielded with steel plate. It ought to function okay, and will never be seen. However, I'm not sure I like it.

"Nickle Veined" Rocker Covers: Just like before, but with bigger, shinier, breathers. Injector are in place with new wires and "O"-rings. Some nicer fuel rails would be cool, but the stock rails will flow enough to get the job done.

Stay tuned for more...

Last edited by johnZboy; 01-25-2008 at 07:25 PM.