300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

poly transmission mount?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:15 PM
kd0

poly transmission mount?

does anyone still know where i could buy a poly transmission mount for a MT 85 turbo?

ive tried to contact z31parts.com's owners (2 diff emails) on several occasions now but i dont get a reply

i also tried contacting arcadia and havent gotten a response yet but it says theirs is out of stock when you select either red/black colors

anyone know another place to get one?
Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 PM

They are now longer available for sale from Z31parts and haven't been for some time. You will have to find a used one or make one yourself.

Jason at Z31parts has scaled down his parts business due to changes in his life.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:46 PM

Don't remember how the mt mounts are shaped but there's enough how too's and such to figure it out... look up window weld mounts, or hockey puck mounts
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 PM
kd0

ah alright, well acadian responded, they said they would have some in stock in just a week or so.. but its really a shame, jasons stuff looked pretty awesome, i wanted to get the trans mount, the diff mount, and the engine mount isolators im already missing him, those parts looked sweet..

any how heres the link to acadian:

Polyurethane Transmission Mount Kit - Nissan 300ZX (Z31) | Acadiana Sports Car Orphanage - Official Store

also, i found some for sale at revshift - although it looks quite a bit different, it has metal brackets for the bolts instead of being all poly - which one do you guys think would be strongest? It also mentions a 80A and 95A rating for the overall hardness of the material i guess, so im in a bind on which one to get.

https://www.revshift.com/shop/trans-...-1984-1989.php

Last edited by kd0; 05-20-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 PM
kd0

Originally Posted by vg30_s12
Don't remember how the mt mounts are shaped but there's enough how too's and such to figure it out... look up window weld mounts, or hockey puck mounts
look them up for just any car or the z31 in particular? im not very good with my hands on stuff like this as i dont know my way around tools that well, i dont know how to machine anything either

but i appreciate your advice
Old 05-20-2012, 11:21 PM
kd0

Originally Posted by reddzx
They are now longer available for sale from Z31parts and haven't been for some time. You will have to find a used one or make one yourself.

Jason at Z31parts has scaled down his parts business due to changes in his life.
wow your z31 in the picture in your sig is SWEET!

im having allot of trouble finding parts for my Z car, like i found some rear springs finally by moog, although i have no idea if they are stiffer or if they will lower the car, also i cant find a complete strut for the front w/ spring, i can find shocks sure and spring separate.

Aside from having a nasty clunk when i shift gears from the stock transmission isolator being busted, it also shifts real hard into 2nd gear so i'm kinda worried about the shape of the transmission, it has never failed to go into gear or stay in gear on its own but im not sure what would cause 2nd gear to be so quirky feeling.

I'm also having trouble figuring out how to drain the clutch fluid, it doesnt even say where it is in my haynes manual, doesnt even give a location just a picture of some area under the car but thats it really.

I guess im really not cut out to work on this car myself, not being mechanically inclined hardly at all.. but i liked the look of the car so much i just had to buy it, even though i knew itd need some work.

the work ive done on it so far includes: Re-wiring the after market cd player to actually work, and not play through 1 speaker and not stay on even when i shut the car off..

Had a new cat-back exhaust put on as the orig exhaust was on it and full of holes.

Had to put a new rear tire on the driver side as the metal core was showing on the inside of the tire for some reason.

put in a new distributor cap and rotor, along with new NGK copper plugs, gapped for the car.

and i had to replace the inner door handle as the old one I busted trying to unlock the door, the power lock mechanism was really gummed up, so i sprayed it down real good with liquid wrench and it works great again, real smooth.

Had to replace a head light, but for some reason, some times it doesnt like to turn on, and i get a headlamp switch on the dash, this is rare but it does happen, turning it off and back on a few times makes it work again though? i checked the cables and they all look great actually.

and thats it so far. it has other problems though im slowly working through, money is a big problem for me so .. i get almost no coolant temp that is accurate on the gauge, it barely ever moves, so im guessing i need a new sensor or something, or the gauge is bad, unless its really hot outside then i notice it likes to work.

im pretty sure the oil pressure switch doesnt work right, i barely get any oil pressure in the car dash gauge but when i had it tested they said its got great oil pressure?

the rear end bottoms out cause of springs i think

it has no rear speakers in it at all so i gotta fix that

the power seat that was in it didnt work at all and was stuck in too far back of a position, so i had to literally rip the seat out, and turn the crank by hand to move the seat forward enough to get at the rear bolts, then i put in a manual sliding seat out of a different z car, so its got 2 different colored seats in it now, one leather (passenger), one just regular grey cloth lol.

and another really big problem is it is constantly blowing a real gentle amount of hot air, no matter what i set the temp too, or even if the fan is off, sitting at idle, accelerating, it never seems to change, just constant gentle amount of air from the heater core in the cab?? ive read its a vaccume issue but i have no idea as none of the climate controls work in it, when u turn it on, its on through all the vents equally, theres no "just floor" theres no "just defrost" theres no just blow straight onto your face, its just stuck blowing through all the vents.. turning ON the A/C helps offset the heat a little, but im sure it would be colder if it wasnt mixed with hot air lol

Last edited by kd0; 05-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.