300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

new to the Z game.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 07:51 PM

new to the Z game.

Hello. all... My names jaryd. I'm 20. I live in TN

I just got my first Z 300zx turbo. 87. with Shiro Rear diff and rims. and some other things the guy i got it from put on it. lol.

and I'm thinking about getting rid of the shiro rims. I just dont like em. would gladly trade them for anything with good tires on em. missing one center cap. But not alot of damage. I traded my daily for this car. and dont have the cash to go get new tires right now. so I will let someone have em just to get some good tires. and some rims for em. size style doesn't matter just good ruber. will also trade off some other stuff... I'm building it for a fun lil car i could care less if it looks good.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:10 PM

welcome to z driver and any pics of your car?
Old 10-13-2013, 04:08 AM

I'm will take some today. I had to replace the windshield.. :/ The pressure line for the powersteering has a big hole in it. I didn't know that at first so i just tried putting power steering fluid in. and THOUGHT..... I closed the hood..... and it didn't I got to about 30mph and the hood flew up and smashed my windshield. So :/ yeah... But I got the window replaced. the guy I traded for it has it all tore down and was painting it. so It took me till today to get the front bumper on Right. Its zip tied at the moment. meeting the guy later today to get the rest of the parts for it. But he gave me all black trim stuff. everything but the dash will be black.. Well seats will still be the tan or whatever color it is.. lol. Not sure IF he was BSing me when he said it has the shiro rear diff... But it is LSD or whatever cause i dont just get one wheel spin. mechanically the car is perfect.. No blow by. no oil leaks Only thing missing is the stock air intake box. I have it but its got some holes in it. so i'm just gonna throw a Cone filter on the stock intake that comes out under the hood above the rad. all my power stuff works... I'm having problems with the digi heat and air control . Not sure if its not hooked up right. or just messed up. I have a non digi one that i will hook up to see if it works. I got new used tires. so thats good. I got to look under it while that was going on. and it has Not just one drive shaft. its got a double knuckle shaft. not sure if thats normal or not. @_@ I'm sorry for going on. I'm doing this to see if this stuff is normal or not. my suspension three way switch is broken so i don't know if it works or not. But all the wires are hooked up on that.

he tells me he has turned the boost down to get better MPG not sure how he did it. Cause i see no sign of a boost control of any kind. Is there a way??? OH yes and has anyone had problems with they're gas gauge not working??? and what could cause it other then the flout being messed up. I'd rather not have to drop the tank. thanks for taking the time to read all of this. and to hopefully tell me all this stuff is normal or have answers as to why things are the way they are.

I'm jaryd I live in TN I'm 20. and its my first Nissan. I'm from the subaru world. But lost my Outback STI to a rally wreck. and wanted something to get sideways in.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:24 AM

OH and anyidea why WHen i try to turn High beams on my lights just turn off??? low's work. But no highs. :/
Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 AM

heres the car. I think i got it to work @_@ and the lil blue car that looks like a smurf is my 300$ celica I traded for the Z straight up.
Attached Thumbnails new to the Z game.-img_0298.jpg   new to the Z game.-img_0295.jpg   new to the Z game.-img_0296.jpg   new to the Z game.-img_0297.jpg   new to the Z game.-img_0299.jpg  

new to the Z game.-img_0290.jpg  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 AM

Here's a link that will help you solve your headlight problrm.

XenonZcar.com Z31 Headlamp Problems